RDRC S5 Round 1 - Rally de Monaco (2nd - 5th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an error message at first when I tried installing 02(something about deleted files) and stopped it, then re-tried and it worked inside 1.5s? WTF?:confused:

I just hope I'll be ready to go when the time has come...

I had to install Update 2 to sign in etc. I suggest you just do it. It's only new cars really so shouldn't affect the stages/cars your using.

Plus its mandatory as of today according to rallyesim

Jack Hintz what do you think?

I got the shock of my life when it asked me to do that last night, had 5 minutes before the SS1 started! luckily I managed to get it in time.

For everybody that isnt affected by the car pack, just install the base one for now and the rest later
People that are affected by the car packs, just try and download your particular car pack, and if possible, just run in a later session

I had no idea about this new feature in RSCenter, very annoying!

Just finished the rally but very disappointed with my performance, I started with my usual pace on SS1 but bad luck kicked in at SS2, but somehow I still have some good luck on my side for I managed to escape and recover on moments that can surely put me to retire:

ss2a.jpg

ss2b.jpg

On SS3 with a damaged car I drove way below my normal pace but at least the car survived to the finish line and service is ready for repair. The game-plan changed after the unfortunate run, I decided to take it easy on the next stages and just finish the rally, but I do did pushed a bit on the Power-Stage but bad luck kicks in again, oh what the hell! :D

ss14.jpg

I was running smooth on the first twisty climb, when I reached the top I was running flat out but that long stretch of stone on the curve made the car spun, but luckily good luck is also on my side :), I drove backwards, slowed the car a bit and made a sharp turn facing back to the right direction.

Overall it's a bit frustrating rally for me knowing that I can clock a faster times, but the important thing is I managed to finish the rally without any major accident.

Thanks all and good luck to the guys who are still to drive :thumbsup:.

I managed to finish SS1 to then crash into the "STOP" box of metal and killed the car which I didn't know until I got to SS2, retired on the line as I couldn't get going, decided to try and repair the car between SS2 and 3 but RSRBR Center crashed on me completely.

Waiting for news of what I should do but this rally sure haven't started well :(

If you have a recorded split time, that's your session, I'm afraid.

BTW, there is no need to repair a car if you retire. Retired stage = new car for the next stage.
Also, repairing a car basically skips a stage. SS3 was the last stage before the next service, so no point in repairing anyway.

If you have a recorded split time, that's your session, I'm afraid.

BTW, there is no need to repair a car if you retire. Retired stage = new car for the next stage.
Also, repairing a car basically skips a stage. SS3 was the last stage before the next service, so no point in repairing anyway.
The problem of being a novice and no one on TS to ask for advice in the problem. I didn't know that if I retired from SS2 that the car would be whole for SS3 :(

EDIT: And sorry if I'm perceived disagreeable but I'm very dissapointed at how it went and I'm not yet sure if I will be able to run the rest of the stages or if I'm out of it completely now.... :redface:

The problem of being a novice and no one on TS to ask for advice in the problem. I didn't know that if I retired from SS2 that the car would be whole for SS3 :(

EDIT: And sorry if I'm perceived disagreeable but I'm very dissapointed at how it went and I'm not yet sure if I will be able to run the rest of the stages or if I'm out of it completely now.... :redface:
It's in the rules:

7 - Accumulating Damage and Repairs

Accumulating damage is used during the RDRC Season. Accumulating damage means any damage your vehicle suffers during a stage will be carried over to the following stages. The car will be automatically repaired at the next service point to brand new. If you retire (DNF) from a stage your vehicle is automatically repaired to new with the exception of the body panels (opening bonnet, doors.) If a driver finishes a stage with an extremely damaged vehicle they can select the”REPAIR NOW” button between stages. Doing this will cause the driver to be retired from the NEXT stage but start the following stage with a repaired vehicle.

Seems that you finished stage 1, so this session will be your final result, I'm afraid.

It's in the rules:

7 - Accumulating Damage and Repairs

Seems that you finished stage 1, so this session will be your final result, I'm afraid.
:(

Dissapointing after all the time I put into practicing for this to get stoped by a crash, that now when me and Fernando did a test to see if it works, it now worked when it wasn't an actual rally run :cry:

Oh well, cheer up. The second best rally of the season coming up :)

Yeah, understandable, I'm sorry it happened.

Hope you understand we can't make exceptions in allowing reruns. Once you allow one, nothing stopping the next guy saying it crashed on him, when he's just not happy with his time or crashed in the stage.

Yeah, understandable, I'm sorry it happened.

Hope you understand we can't make exceptions in allowing reruns. Once you allow one, nothing stopping the next guy saying it crashed on him, when he's just not happy with his time or crashed in the stage.
I understand it completely, no need to worry :)

Simply dissapointed that it wasn't me crashing on every stage instead as that it would have been my own fault :coffee:

Well your car just had an electrical problem or something and it won't start, just like in real rallying, your computer just simulate that too :D.
:)

Lets say I had some snow end up on the electrical wiring going to the engine (we all know italian cars, especially Alfa, has never had the best electrical components) :p

Report and possibly a replay of that stage to come

:(

Dissapointing after all the time I put into practicing for this to get stoped by a crash, that now when me and Fernando did a test to see if it works, it now worked when it wasn't an actual rally run :cry:

Oh well, cheer up. The second best rally of the season coming up :)

Hi Jonathan,
I suppose you can imagine how Pontus Thideman felt when he had to give up Rally Sweden. And for him there was no "next rally"-fallback...

Blaah, I was aiming to finish every stage and started very carefully but that hallusination was crushed right away on ss1 :redface: Some stages between SS6-10 I had some problems with the car, it wanted to go left on its own :D Propably broke one tire or something.

Thanks for setting this up guys, and good luck everyone :)

See u In Round 2 :ninja:

SS1 - actually tried it beforehand, ridiculously low grip level, so I drove it very slowly, and just wanted to survive.
SS2 - felt better, and more room to slide around, so went a bit faster. Unfortunately, it didn't last long... Hit the wall in the left hander after that long straight in the middle of the stage. Rolled it, damaged steering and suspension. Was quite fun getting it to the end actually, enjoyed that :)
SS3 - Foron is a beautiful stage :o. But again, damage from SS2 meant I was struggling to get round. Nothing special, had to reverse once, after missing a hairpin.

Service, new car, more grip, woooo \o/

SS4 - phew, some close calls there, overestimated the grip. No damage.
SS5 - great fun, lovely sliding, until I retired :(
SS6 - ah, Foron, awesome stage again. Great stuff, plenty of material for a highlights video, both good and bad :D. Ended up with steering damage, but quite fun nonetheless.
SS7 - nothing special, finished it

Service, new car, no clue how the Slovakian stages go, gonna go slow :o

SS8 - ah, it's the one with the tires and poles... Retired 1km from the end.
SS9 - well, that was intense, couldn't see anything, scary :o
SS10 - sheesh, messy, damage, thank god for service

Service

SS11 - not great, but at least finished
SS12 - not great
SS13 - okay I guess. Crashed after finishing the stage though, hope there's no major damage...
SS14 - had slight steering damage after all. Wasn't very pretty nor fast.

Overall, fun, finding grip, sliding around :). Except Slovakian stages, grr. Haven't driven RBR for a while now, took it easy, and I haven't retired... much :D

Thanks to everyone involved, and to all drivers :thumbsup:

Disaster for me, halfway into the first stage my wheel disconnected its self from the pc and it wouldn't go back to working. Everything works okay and it still works fine on rFactor but RBR wont pick it up so thats my rally over after 3 or 4 km's :confused:

First I would like to thank the organizers for this challenging and fun rally for me. I liked the stages more than this years rallyesim Monaco. Great job! :thumbsup:

I started my rally easy and without pressure of making a good result.
On SS2 I finished my driving in the wooden fence at the fastest section. Should have listened to my co-driver and slowed down. :rolleyes:
SS3 was Ok even after I damaged my suspension in one of the hairpins. Couldn't push but at least it didn't gave me major problems.
RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-0519-25-08-67.jpg
My driving on SS4 to SS7 wasn't on pace because I couldn't find my rhythm. Should've been more relaxed and put more trust into the car, but I did enjoy drifting in the hairpins. :)
RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-0519-44-52-59.jpg
During night I just tried to stay on the road and not get lost in the woods. I think I didn't blink or breathe.
RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-0520-42-11-91.jpg
Next day I found the feel for the car and pushed while having fun. I did good on SS11 and 12 but was slow on SS13.
I attacked the power stage but had to reverse the car at one point as I gave it to much gas coming out of the corner.

At the end I think it wasn't that bad. Nothing spectacular but this being a though rally with lots of traps, not finishing one stage doesn't hurt that much.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-0519-13-25-20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play