RDRC S5 Round 1 - Rally de Monaco (2nd - 5th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some strange problem with this rally. 2 times i sign in the rally while waiting start ( 10 min. before start) and after 1 min. i get kicked out. Anyone had something like that? And could i start tomorow 3/3/2013 20:00 GMT

Doh, thought that the rally starts one hour later. When Chris said that its starting in 2 minutes I tried to close everything ASAP and open the RSRBR but missed the first stage by few seconds, I think. Weird that I wasnt able to join the session anymore though, last year it was possible to join the session even for the last stage, I think.

So OC2 for me most probably.

Doh, thought that the rally starts one hour later. When Chris said that its starting in 2 minutes I tried to close everything ASAP and open the RSRBR but missed the first stage by few seconds, I think. Weird that I wasnt able to join the session anymore though, last year it was possible to join the session even for the last stage, I think.

So OC2 for me most probably.
It's not possible to join mid-session in championship sessions, when you have services. So it wasn't possible last year as well.

I have some strange problem with this rally. 2 times i sign in the rally while waiting start ( 10 min. before start) and after 1 min. i get kicked out. Anyone had something like that? And could i start tomorow 3/3/2013 20:00 GMT
Yes, you can drive in any session you like. The session you record your first split time in will count.

Yeah, on SS11 my game randomly paused in the middle of a turn which resulted in a nasty crash... So I´ve made a move famously known as "rage quit". :) It was my least favourite surface anyway, so I´m not even mad (maybe a little bit :D).

SS01 - That was just horrible. I could not see the road at all, really really really safe on this stage.
SS02 - I lost at least 40 seconds on this one I think. Spun at ca. 3 minutes, spun again at ca. 5 minutes, then I left the road on the right side only to be thrown into a ditch on the left, using a lot of time to get back up...
SS03 - Nightmare. Bent wheels all around, I have rolled and spunn all over the stage. Thankfully it is service...

SS04 - Finally a stage I can be happy with :)
SS05 - Calm and composed to the final kilometer, there I hit a fence and bent the steering...
SS06 - Nothing particular to say, I was just slow.
SS07 - I will not be taking any points on the powerstage, I can tell you that for certain.

SS08 - I found a spectator after a hairpin where I slid a bit too wide on the exit.
SS09 - Okay stage, no dramas or real pace either.
SS10 - Too safe and steady.

SS11 - Okay stage, but somehow I've bent the left front wheel :s
SS12 - A hugenormous slide at sector 2, I was going waaay too fast into that corner. It was fun, though :)
SS13 - Did okay on this stage, and a reasonably undamaged car for the powerstage.
SS14 - Okay run, though I missed the braking point in one of the hairpins and went straight ahead.

Overall I am pretty pleased with my own run. I made a bucketload of mistakes, but I made it through all stages without reiring, and that with a car that is waaaaay too powerful for my skills.
Hopefully I will get a few points here, but I am a bit dobtful, since I finished almost 11 minutes behind Manuel :p

Just finished EU1 and it went as planned. The team plan since, it was such a difficult surface, was to finish without any major incidents. No DNF's and no CFH's. I did manage to bend the suspension a bit on SS8 and SS13 but was still able to run pretty well. It was amazing to watch Manuel out pace everyone in the session stage after stage. I hope to get quicker as the season progresses but for now the aim is to keep it tidy.:cool:

SS1 - I had a 180 spin at the wrong time. I had to reverse to a wide enough area to turn round.
SS2 - SS 7 - Pretty uneventful
SS8 - I had a decent run but must have hit a few too many tires as the car started to pull to the right.
SS9 - SS10 - Had to keep correcting the steering because of my mistakes on SS8
SS13 - Slid into the wall on the final corner and bent the left front wheel
SS14 - The steering wheel was shaking in my hand because the left front was wobbling like mad

Thanks to the organizers for the challenging rally and all the effort to put it on and thanks to the 57 plus drivers that make it competitive.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That went as I expected probably, I didn´t have enough time to test the last days so all stages on day 2 were surprises for me.

SS01 - scared as hell as I retired there so many times already, but finished, so happy with that.
SS02 - very scared as well, worked out ok.
SS03 - Felt good to be back on snow, but messed up a bit near the end of the stage

SS04 - Felt quite amazing, so much grip :D I think i never practiced with these conditions, was expecting another slidefest so was a nice surprise.
SS05 - after SS04 I was expecting to have good grip there and went on the attack, but only thanks to luck didn´t roll the car near the end of the stage, but still got some heavy damage to the steering.
SS06 - tried to push a bit more then on SS03, which partly worked but thanks to damage from the previous stage it was quite difficult to keep it on track.
SS07 - went ok apart from a half spin with reverse moment

SS08 - full surprise stage, went ok but i was way to cautious, so pretty slow.
SS09 - went ok for the first 70%, then slid a bit wide, hit a tree and game over, quite annoying.
SS10 - another surprise stage, quite a horrifying one, to the left a wall, to the right nothing... worked ok though.

SS11 - thougth i should push a lot more but hit a tree with the rear and got stuck on a bank for 10s or so, still 3s faster then SS08.
SS12 - Grip felt really good here, finished the stage without any major mistake, just messed up 2 or 3 hairpins slightly.
SS13 - went very well until short before the end when i slid wide and touched some spectators lost loads of time thanks to that.
SS14 - went very well, until the final corner when i just hit the track marshals with the rear, would have been the fastest time on this stage in my group, very annoying.

Overall not bad considering my practice, hopefully enough for some points.

HUH!
I`m so glad it`s over!!
Monte Carlo mod is o.k. when grip is dry but when it`s wet it is such only pain!
At first stage`s second corner and hit the fence. Then only try to go finish surely.
At second Bisanne straight to the fence and again heartache was near. Only suspension gets little damages.
Joux Plane II spin at hard speed but luckily only reverse without damages.
At Mlynky spin and reverse at the end of the stage. That stage is horrible too:confused:
Overall performance was worthy, no CFH,no DNF and very first race with WRC.
Luck for everyone, route is very challenging;)

My rally was OK, first race with the Citroen, and I am not in the best form, I saw my RBR 2 weeks ago since the last year.
But it was pretty godd, my times are okay, no CFH, no DNF, that was the most important for me, but there was some close moments, when I had to save it like Alonso in Brazilian GP :D
So, in that case, with a top5 finish in the class, would makes me happy

Not the best of runs for me, but I was half expecting it after so little running in what is a new car for me.

SS1-3 - Not sure if it's my memory playing tricks or a change in the physics, but the sheer lack of grip on the first two stages caught me out and I ended up with a cfh and a dnf early on. Stage 3 went better despite me not being very familiar with the stage itself.

SS4-7 - Feeling a little more comfortable in the car now, but a small off near the end of stage 4 meant that I had to nurse my overheating car for the next 25km or so.

SS8-10 - Able to push again and generally kept it clean, meaning I was starting to recover a bit of time to some of my rivals.

SS11-14 - All went wrong again here. Doing pretty well on Peklo, but out of the blue I clipped one of the small concrete posts that I could've sworn I wasn't close enough to hit and to add insult it instantly killed my engine despite a seemingly glancing blow. Pretty annoyed after that and pushed too hard on the next stage and retired once more.

Here my little report of this rally:

SS1: Didn't really know which tire was faster for this stage. During recce the snow tire and the wet tarmac tire i was possible to drive almost the same times. But i started this boucle (don't know the english word for it :p ) on the snow tires. But i was way too carefull i think.
SS2: And suddenly, there is grip :p ;) Nice stage!
SS3: This one is not going to be one of my favorites, a lot of mistakes.

SS4 and SS5 nice driving, almost no mistakes!
SS6: Yuup!...after 3 corners i see the world upside down. CFH needed to get the Fiesta on his wheels again. After that a few little mistakes.
SS7: Nice and clean run for me.

SS8: Nice stage in the snow, clean run!
SS9 and SS10: I drove this stages pretty carefull i think.

SS11: Of course i wanted to try to be faster than SS8, but while trying my slides into a ditch and i can't get i back on the road without help...no damage, only a CFH.
SS12: Nice run!
SS13: One big mistake, did go off track at high speed, didn't hit anything and i was able to get back on track without a CFH, pheww :p
SS14: The powerstage, so in full attack mode. But after all the hairpins on my way to the tiny village i hit the red/whit road blocks and spun. Car was still working, so i managed to finish the stage.

All SS finished! I had a fun morning today! Looking forward to the next one! Thx to the people who organize this event!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back