RDRC S4 Round 10 - Rally of Wales (20th - 23rd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got in from an 11 hour shift about half an hour ago (who said working in F1 was glamorous :rolleyes:...) So lets see how this goes!

Reading through the previous comments (been away the weekend hence being so quiet) it looks like I still have a chance of the championship! Seeing as Ole unfortunately can't make it (get well soon!). Keep her steady and get to the finish for me then!

Good luck to all on the event and looks like a relatively full EU3 :thumbsup:

Sion

Well rally done for me...
Well it was the best rally of the championship for me until the 13th stage, a little of speed and a lack of concentration in a right corner make the stage on a retirement.:(
Until this stage, no CFH, no, spins, no hit the public... :)
I am angryand sad with myself...:mad:
But well, it will be better next time...
See you on stages...;) :thumbsup:

Had a mistake-strewn run tonight, not really had enough practise to have a good go at the stages (some, like Falstone, are just terrific. Others, like Sweet Lamb, are a nightmare! Good balance though) Had a couple of strange spins (think i had 4 or 5 in total!) and one where the engine stalled mid-jump, despite it being undamaged. That ruined my second run through Sweet Lamb. Still, no CFH and no retirements again (6 rallies on the trot, hurrah!) so i was very happy to finish considering the lack of preparation. (got too many simracing irons in the fire shall we say!) Good luck to the rest of the runners still to go.

As far an overall view of season 4 of rdrc i just want to again thank all those involved in running it, as without you none of us could enjoy this great sim, and i've really enjoyed learning its intricacies as it definitely rewards patience and perseverance. Also, battling against top opponents like Norbert & Alasdair really helps fuel the learning process, so congrats to those guys for the championship. (whichever one it is!)

Cheers all! See you next season!

Was really looking forward to the last round, but it did not go as planned.

Hit some tree stumps on the first stage and had to lim through the first loop. On the second loop retired somewhere as well I think. On the third retired once more, plus Sweet Lamb did not load both times, and I retired once after that, so in the end I don't think I completed half the rally... A real shame since I drive a beautiful car, but I learned that it's not all about the looks, the driver has to improve ;)

Thank you to the organisers for a very enjoyable season, looking forward to the next one already!

I had no time to practice before this event so as the saying goes "Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail"
The first section of the rally was not too bad, missed a couple of corners and got delayed in a ditch.
The second section did not go so well I spun twice on ss4 and at the end of the stage I was not paying attention and hit the Marshall's post and damaged the engine, this meant on ss5 I had no power right at the start so I had to retire.
The third section and ss8, I only got half way through and went off and had to retire.
SS9 I had a CFH, ss10 I damaged the gearbox and finished the stage with about 15 seconds less than the penalty time.
Finally the fourth section, I'm pleased to say that I had no problems but by now I was being very cautious, so the season is now over and I will have to put in some hours of practice before Season 5 begins.
Thanks to all organisers and all participants.;)

Congratulations Mr Serban, you are the production champ. Well deserved sir.

I had my first ever retirement in a championship round tonight, I'm rather hacked off with myself. Everything was going great until the second sweet lamb when I sneezed and distracted myself enough that I hit a tree on the inside of a bend killing the radiator, the clutch and the gearbox. Instant retirement.:(

Hopefully I'll still be second in the championship and lets face it, I've had a cracking season in my debut year. 4 class wins, a second overall and I think I may have done just enough to win the grade 3 championship so i can't complain.

See you all next season. I wonder what car I'll be competing in..........................

(BTW, I would request a graded rally, if possible next Monday's EU Time?)
Rick Bamford, the organizer, will be taking a break from the championship, so he will have missed this. I'll ask him for the grading process.

The specifics for next season haven't been discussed too much yet, who knows how grades will be determined, or if they'll be in at all.

Again, any feedback on this season's rules is very much welcome, as the new organizers will probably just try to improve on the current ruleset, and not change too much.

Well that has to be my best rally of the year! Not a single DNF or CFH and only had one bump and reverse twice! Amazed myself!

So here's how it went...

SS1 - An OK stage for me, the conditions really don't favour the car so took it very easy, had a spin going into a 'K Left' so first spin. Came out of the stage and was 1.12 sec. behind Silvio! So it seems a battle was on!

SS2 - Was very cautious again due to conditions. Lost another 10.04s to Silvio.

SS3 - Pushed Harder on this one know the stage pretty well and better conditions. 3.14s up on Silvio

Service 1 - 8.04s behind Silvio
SS4 - Pushed harder again and was 14s quicker than the first run but still down on Silvio! He had some good pace there. Lost 8.58s​
SS5 - Was OK but 2 sec slower than first run somehow, don't know where. Lost 0.05s!​
SS6 - Another good stage, was up by 1.56s on this stage.​
SS7 - Went very well, nice over steering setup made the long sweeping corners easier, gained a massive 15.41s on Silvio!​
Service 2 - 0.3s ahed of Silvio! Some real close racing here!
SS8 - This was my bad stage, really don't like the bump and tree stumps so kept it very steady. Not a lot could be gained but a lot lost... Only dropped 5.95s so happy with that.​
SS9 - Well except cocked up last hair pin! Had to reverse and lost 3.21s to Silvio. Annoyied on one of my fave stages.​
SS10 - Was pretty good, could have pushed more but no mistakes. 5.77s down to Silvio.​
Service 3 - 14.63s behind Silvio again
SS11 - Was better than my first run and pushed a bit more, knew where the worst bumps were! Lost 0.44s! Loving this!​
SS12 - Better than the first one but over rotated the same hair pin as last time! lost a further 1.8s.​
SS13 - Only 2 stages left and determined to take it to Silvio! Pushed hard and a good time I thought but unfortunately Silvio retired so no time to compare to him!​
SS14 - Last stage of the C'ship! Pushed hard and kept it smooth in better conditions than the first run. Setup worked well. Was 6.99s up on Silvio.​
All in all that was a pretty epic battle with Silvio! Although he did win most of the stages! but I think the closeness of the competition shows what I've mentioned in 'General Discussion', moving to a 1 or 2 type championship (R3/R2) will make racing in 2WD much closer! Both of us were in A6K S1600 Cars (Me:Corsa, Silvio: Ignis) and it was really close! Also managed to get 4th in session! 3:04 from the leader, chuffed with that! :)
And a massive thanks to all involved with this event and season! Its been a good first season for me where I believe I have greatly improved with 2 clean C'ship events under my belt!​
Here's to looking forward to next Season, whatever it may bring.​
Many thanks​
Sion :thumbsup:

For next season I am considering something with a turbo along the 4WD, as I have been driving S2000 for 3 seasons already. I'm looking at some Group A-cars or early WRC's for next season, unless I change my mind completely yet again :p

• Deleted member 950

Rick Bamford, the organizer, will be taking a break from the championship, so he will have missed this. I'll ask him for the grading process.

The specifics for next season haven't been discussed too much yet, who knows how grades will be determined, or if they'll be in at all.

Again, any feedback on this season's rules is very much welcome, as the new organizers will probably just try to improve on the current ruleset, and not change too much.
Never mind, the objective of this graded rally is just to know how far can I go. So I can choose the car before the season (Likely Impreza N12 or Satria), If necessary I will ask for re-grade before the season start.

with a win on the S2000 class. i wish i could do the A class but. with a Gamepad its just too much to bare. ill stick with the S2000 ill be going to the Fiat Grand Punto or stay with the 207.. anyone intrested to Team up. i guess its the time.

I'm wondering whether I should run the rally now because I probably won't be able to do it later in the evening. But it ain't fair if the weather is dry for me and Tero...
Maybe an admin could set up a new session for tomorrow or later today?

e. ...and decided not to run it now.

I can set up another Session for you guys, what time is suitable?

I could probably have it ready to start in about 30 mins, if you let me know quickly.
Failing that, let me know a suitable time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes