RDRC S4 Round 10 - Rally of Wales (20th - 23rd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a great battle indeed Sion... Hope we can do more of this in Round 10 because i´ve enjoyed this very much... I´m agree with you Sion about the 2WD cars it should continue because there are fun cars to drive. Look at DS3 R3, it is a very fast car, look too Tom Peters last rallys...

It is fast despite being heavier. But I still don't understand your time on SS2 of Rally Mexico!

It is fast despite being heavier. But I still don't understand your time on SS2 of Rally Mexico!

I think it's faster BECAUSE it's heavier. Much more stable especially on gravel, and the longer gears make it nicer to drive than the S1600, I hit the limiter in 6th on some stages! On a stage comparison I can be about 4 sec. faster on Rally School II in the DS3 than the Corsa. (BTW I am a little bit in love with the DS3 now! :inlove:)

While I'm struggling like **** ! I cannot understand how people are able to race with a gamepad. And I've been out for three stages cause of this illness as well... Oh well, it's a new experience for sure!

Second day was even better. No problems, just some major pain with understeer and car setup. The worst for me was on Sweet Lamb where I think I was too slow and couldn't push even if I wonted to.

Overall best rally for me and being the last one this season I'm overjoyed. Thanks to the organizers, I loved this challenging rally, and to all who participated. :thumbsup:

Aaaand, congrats to Sion Williams for the win in the 2WD cup! :D It wasn't many points! ( one ) but it was enough! :) grats man!
Frustrating that I got ill before the lovely GB stages, but at the same time, you didn't drive the first rally, so a deserved victory! :) Grats!
Have I missed something?
At the moment, he's getting 18 points for 2nd, and you're getting 10 for 5th, which means you're still ahead by 6 points.

Em..... Norbert and I have ended up on equal points! Is there a tie breaker clause or are we both production champion?
LOL, awesome :)

I haven't started doing the points yet; we have to deal with the replays and any possible corrections first.
But I guess we'll go the standard route: most points -> most wins -> most podiums -> most stage wins -> most good looking Scandinavian flicks -> least manslaughters.

Have I missed something?
At the moment, he's getting 18 points for 2nd, and you're getting 10 for 5th, which means you're still ahead by 6 points.

Yeah this is what I thought! In order for me to win the C'ship Ole, you would have had to come 5th ((or not made it) not that I wished you didn't compete or came last or anything!), and I needed to win, and then I would have won by 1 point.

Only thing I can think of is that Tom couldn't save the replay for 1 stage meaning I guess he gets a maximum and that I then inherit the win only being 33sec. behind him. But I'm not sure what's the procedure with missing stage replays.

Whatever happens, it's been brilliant competing with you Ole Marius Myrvold all year and in the last few events. Even if you have whipped me in them!

Yeah this is what I thought! In order for me to win the C'ship Ole, you would have had to come 5th ((or not made it) not that I wished you didn't compete or came last or anything!), and I needed to win, and then I would have won by 1 point.

Only thing I can think of is that Tom couldn't save the replay for 1 stage meaning I guess he gets a maximum and that I then inherit the win only being 33sec. behind him. But I'm not sure what's the procedure with missing stage replays.

Whatever happens, it's been brilliant competing with you Ole Marius Myrvold all year and in the last few events. Even if you have whipped me in them!

Somehow the one stage thing is difficult. It's only one stage, so, no need to "remove" him. But then again, it's possible to give him the default time, which will make you the winner. Or DQ him for breaking the rules, and then give the win to me! :p
Anyway, as I said, you have one rally less than me, so, you did well! :D

Somehow the one stage thing is difficult. It's only one stage, so, no need to "remove" him. But then again, it's possible to give him the default time, which will make you the winner. Or DQ him for breaking the rules, and then give the win to me! :p
Anyway, as I said, you have one rally less than me, so, you did well! :D

Thanks Ole :), also I think in the First event I did (Round 2) I only did 1 stage because I was still using my laptop which was not up to the job!

We'll wait for the official decision on Tom's time(s).

No matter what its been a good season and enjoyed the majority (R9 still haunts me though! So. Many. DNF's!!), thanks to all :)

Sion

On the topic of draws in points. Emil said that he forgot to save a replay so if for any reason that got him a timed penalty and I inherited the win in class. IF neither Hintz or Williamson we would ALL be drawn for 3rd overall in the S-RDRC standings.

Now I know that is a technicality and I think that Emil deserves the win (all 6 seconds of it) this time as we both gave it our all and he had the edge.

Interesting to see how close it all panned out though :) Well done to Emil and all of the winners in the Rally and all of our (provisional) Championship winners.

Thanks for the fun.

Oscar.

I think it's faster BECAUSE it's heavier. Much more stable especially on gravel, and the longer gears make it nicer to drive than the S1600, I hit the limiter in 6th on some stages! On a stage comparison I can be about 4 sec. faster on Rally School II in the DS3 than the Corsa. (BTW I am a little bit in love with the DS3 now! :inlove:)

Yeah, forgot about that. The very first time I tried it I loved the handling. The weight might also help with the wheel spin problem. I see a lot of people are falling for my car, will next year's 2WD section become the RDRC Citroen Trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%