RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make a difference since I am better at using my imagination than creating a skin actually... If there is one that is able to, likes doing it and can stand my rather unusual taste, why not?

But as I said, I don't quite know how you make your skin visible when driving and for the rally videos. I've seen the skin manager, but that's about it.

Btw: Start to love this Rally Game more than I loved CMR.

I am REALLY hoping the move from BTB stages fixes most of our issues. However, someone (I can't remember who) sent me a PM with an interesting comment. That maybe it is camhack that is causing some problems. I have used camhack since I first got RSRBR09 and have not had an issue, why? Now, this is JUST a theory, but if someone that has problems would like to experiment and let us know it might help things.

I have seen some poeple mentioning that camhack is on all the time. I don't know how you do this. For me i start the game and once I am on the start line in the car I.............
1/ press the camera select button to change to the original cam I want.
2/ press * to operate cam hack
3/ select the pre-saved camhack number to get my driving position.

By this time there is about 3 secs until green. I pause the game, take a few breaths, un-pause, select first and wait for the GO. If you have it set (somehow) to open the game with camhack in operation, maybe that creates some form of conflict. As i said this is just a theory and i don't have enough computer knowledge to back it up. All i can say is there must be a reason why i don't have issues and others do. My system is not base, but it isn't top line either.

Maybe.............................................?

The helicopter is working on the PS2-version of the game at least. You have to run the in-game championship on the highest level, and it show up when you hit some spectators. It just hangs there and lower the basket underneath it, though, so not all that awesome in the end :tongue:

the prob with this game david is if you play for another week when u go back to cmr its just soooooooooooo boring. I deleted all my cmr...!

Can't delete... I've got PS1, 2 and 3 Colins, no PC version!

I don't use Camhack btw. I either stay with the tv-view between the seats or use bumper atm, because I had some problems last rally.

I am REALLY hoping the move from BTB stages fixes most of our issues. However, someone (I can't remember who) sent me a PM with an interesting comment. That maybe it is camhack that is causing some problems. I have used camhack since I first got RSRBR09 and have not had an issue, why? Now, this is JUST a theory, but if someone that has problems would like to experiment and let us know it might help things.

I have seen some poeple mentioning that camhack is on all the time. I don't know how you do this. For me i start the game and once I am on the start line in the car I.............
1/ press the camera select button to change to the original cam I want.
2/ press * to operate cam hack
3/ select the pre-saved camhack number to get my driving position.

By this time there is about 3 secs until green. I pause the game, take a few breaths, un-pause, select first and wait for the GO. If you have it set (somehow) to open the game with camhack in operation, maybe that creates some form of conflict. As i said this is just a theory and i don't have enough computer knowledge to back it up. All i can say is there must be a reason why i don't have issues and others do. My system is not base, but it isn't top line either.

Maybe.............................................?

i mantioed it in my PM, but was worded differently to that, so at least 2 people have that issue :)

i`ve also always used cam hack, but until recently i started activating while the stage was loading and found sometimes it caused stuttering, mainly on BTB stages but also at times normal stages, it would be a shame if we can`t use them again :(

although with this game being so heavly modified i think you`ll always get these kind of issues and at times will be hard to fix.

Yep, thats what I'm talking about, CHANGE it so you select the cam hack AFTER you are in the car on the start line using a different button than enter.

As Nigel said, he only started having issues once he started activating camhack WHILE the stage is loading. Wait until it is fully loaded and you are ready to start the stage, THEN activate it. I am starting to think I could be right here:wink: WOW

Yep, thats what I'm talking about, CHANGE it so you select the cam hack AFTER you are in the car on the start line using a different button than enter.

As Nigel said, he only started having issues once he started activating camhack WHILE the stage is loading. Wait until it is fully loaded and you are ready to start the stage, THEN activate it. I am starting to think I could be right here:wink: WOW

I think this is a good suggestion to try. I have often wondered about files or background programs conflicting with RBR at the Start and causing problems. I've been able to crash the game by revving my engine just as the guy starts the countdown, leading me to be suspicious of a sound file conflict just at the wrong time. I've similarly had strange sound problems when muting TS just as the Stage was loading.
You never know, maybe, just maybe, RBR is a little sensitive about how it loads stuff into memory while loading / starting a Stage (especially sounds).

Again, this is based on a complete lack of Computer knowledge on my part. :)

If anyone can confirm or disclaim this theory, I'd be interested. I have stopped using Camhack some time ago due to strange problems.

I had problems with BTB stages in the last round and I don´t use camhack. I also Have a pretty fast computer set up, so I don´t understand why I couldn´t get it fixed. I tried changing resolution and few other "tricks" and after that I just had to gave up. My brains were about to explode :DD Also I have never had any problems with other btb stages only with the subida a la manzana.

never use camhack, have a rather quick pc (i7 chip) and the only problems ever encountered were on that long norwegian add on stage (17km?) where the problem was solved by running it once offline before the start of the event. I have kept that strategy (one offline stage before an offline event) ever since. maybe -says Dock Eck . that's the cure?

LOL, well that might mean my "fix" is busted mythbuster style. Well, it might not help everyone and isn't the absolute fix I was hoping it would be but maybe it can help someone.

BTW, what Norwegian stage Eckhart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play