RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the WRC 2 gameplay now. It's bad.
Watched RBR gameplay after. It's great.
Ended up watching Richard Burns onboards. It's awesome.

Anyway, decided to change my driving experience.
Screw the results, points, stage times. Cockpit view + 540 degrees of rotation + H-shifter + audio pacenotes only + driving like it's my own car. Will be one of the slowest, but at least I'll be having a blast
:rally:

hehehe never even knew it was there :9 only been using the normal ones on top and only ever trained to notice the red and dark orange ones. as for cockpit view: I consider it unrealistic, no driver in real life would steer his car with the little visual information you get from that, unless you project the windshield on your wall via beamer. I use hood in RBR and cockpit in all racetrack sims because of the better sound in cockpit view (oponents coming from behind).

Bought my own copy of RBR for 35 CHF, but even if you think I paid too much, it's still worth it.

Btw: Did the original back cover already tell about Richard having died? Mine does, along with a picture of a helicopter rescuing someone:eek:

Also, I seem to have a quite sensitive brake pedal. It's very dangerous when I hit 6th gear on long straight and have to brake for a slow turn, 1 sec too deep on the brakes and it snaps like using a handbrake. Do I have set something wrong in the driving options or is the default brake setting in the setup menu quite harsh?

Here is the back cover of mine, must have been refreshed as it has a Vista Compatible batch on the front cover:

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1244109264-00.jpg

That is definitely a new artwork on your pack, I have an older one which is quite different.

Re the brakes, it probably depends on which car you are driving, but many of the cars have their brake bias set towards the rear to help in sliding through gravel turns. I often move the brake bias more toward the front in the Tuning section. I also use a fair amount of curve in my Controller Setting (under Options) to help give more fine control over the brake pedal. Late braking doesn't work for me in RBR.

Actually quite interested in running a nice skin in the Rally Champ to be seen in possible replays. JME doesn't seem to have one though, and the default one is a bit borish with the Czech drivers. It wouldn't hurt to have a individual one for the last 3 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes