RDRC S2 - Round 8 - Vauxhall Rally of Wales (18th - 21st June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short report :

two mistakes tonight, one wrong way and a bridge of the death (one CHF).
Not really satisfied but not too bad, special congratulation to Jakub, very impressive tonight.

Congratulation to Nigel and Roy too, very nice work and also to my teammate and Simone !

Now, wait&see the final result !

Thanks all the staff for their work (Rick, Lukasz and Senad) and all drivers for their participation into the competition.

All I can say is that it was a great learning experience for me when it comes to driving on wet surface.
Wasn't really happy with the default setup on the Ford Fiesta S2000 2010, every time I hit a bump my car got very hard to steer and I felt it sliding alot all over the place.
Im rather happy I dont start with these cars the next season, I need the learning curve from the FWD cars to get good enough to handle the faster cars.

Thanks for the Rally and grats to the winners! See you all next season!

-Daniel

What a round, I don't remember all the round of this season (we already have great fight this season), but tonight was a wonderfull race. At the beginning Jakub show me that he is very fast, After the SS9, he was in front of me with only 0,47s.

I made a mistake in SS3 at the beginning of the second sector that cost me 2-3s.
My engine shut down in the sector 3 of the SS10, during a turn. I have to restart it.
And in the SS13, I tried a new trajectory and my car slide on the right door. Hopefully, the car came back on his 4 wheel and I could finish the stage.

I was really impressed by your time Jakub, I did a little training but your time was incredible. Congratulation for this victory, I clearly don't think that someone could beat you in a other session. I am happy that you won a round this season, because you are a great driver and I like fighting with you.

Congratulation also to my teammate, we will see the final result but the Top 5 in the general standing could be confirmed.

Congratulation to Simone, who make a good rally to, very fast SS.

It was clearly the round where the gap between the podium in the EU3 is the closest. Maybe also due to the fact that the SS was very short. (I prefered when it is longer)

Congratulation to RD for this season 2, a great season with a lot of good and hard round.

Bye bye everybody and see for the results....

Was hoping to go out on a good note, a cheerful farewell to the N12. Alas, it was not meant to be.

First 6 stages it felt like I was pushing hard and fast and getting nowhere. In testing for S3 I've realised actually how much faster those cheeky S2000s are. :D

Anyhoo, a lazy roll in SS7 resulted in a CFH - just as I was shaping up for a nice fight with Pete and Chris. Then it's a case of the same old. Rally rage descends, hit a tree, limp in with oil light on and stuck in 2nd. That meant I got about 200m into SS8.

After that I was in death or glory mode. Mostly featuring death. Gah. Really need to succumb to the darkside less in S3.

Thanks to the whole team for the season, it's been immense joy.
Cheers to all the dudes who turn out, particularly those who take part every time.
Looking forward to driving something with a bit more poke next season. :)

lol to whoever said somewhere earlier "Eckhart was first in N4", that was only because tonight I did stage after stage with no break because the rally was nice and compact. As usual a great rally layout, well done organizers!

s01 zero concentration landed me smack on a stone coming out of the second little river, steering twisted like ... after only 30secs of the whole rally :(
s02 steering turned from bad to worse so a couple of offs, dead last in the standings, dreadful
s03 misery continued, 1CFH, close to leaving the event ...
s04 finally figured out what the steering wanted me to do, first realistic stage time, will continue.
first leg: lost about 100secs to my times the night before :(

s05 what the .... banged up front right again, again after only a couple of seconds into the stage? received big golden trophy labelled "idiot of the night"
s06 one way or the other did a new PB, don't ask how :)
s07 pretty good run under these circumstances, only one minor off in the last 90 degree turn
s08 same time as in preparation, happy with this, beat Simone by 1 sec, probably never done that before
overall in 11th after this leg and feeling way better than after first leg (85 secs faster!)

s09 my favourite English stage, an almost good run
s10 went smoothly until a little off got me stuck on one of those stumps, tried for an eternity to get off and finally had to CFH, overall time loss about 50 secs :( ended with my funniest RBR time ever: 4:44:44
s11 nice run to finish off this leg

s12 another nice one
s13 trying to make up for last time's disaster, but it was not to be: this time I hit a log going through a fast righthander and flipped the car four or five times, landed on wheels but facing backwards, overall loss about 15 secs
s14 rough ride but did almost the same time as third leg and secured 7th for this stage, my best result of the night:)

overall I ended up in pos10, with a tad of luck it might just be worth one point in class, let's see.

great night again, fantastic season, looking forward to the final points tables, cu all next season, thx to all involved!

Really really enjoyed that rally, i had set out right from the start to push for the EU3 win and to make as few mistakes as i could. which i`m so pleased i manged to do, only really made 2 mistakes running a little wide on a couple of 90`s.

Been an apsolute pleasure driving in this league and although i`ll miss my old scooby i`m lokking forward to the extra chanlenge of the WRC cars next season :cool:

Huge thanks to all the RDRC staff :D

grats to Seb for his 2nd win and i hope to put you under some pressure next season if i can :eek:

wow this could be very close finish, if Norbert doesn`t drive and Roy gets 2nd in class then he wins title by 1 point. if i win class and Yann finishes 7th we will be tied on points :woot:

lol to whoever said somewhere earlier "Eckhart was first in N4", that was only because tonight I did stage after stage with no break because the rally was nice and compact. As usual a great rally layout, well done organizers!

That was me who said that, but I mentioned that others had some stages left while you finished. :)

A couple of overshoots, one off on the wet grass and one CFH marred what was a good run for me. I really enjoyed it given that I'd had problems in pre-rally practice on Harwood and Chidonhead. I'm pleased to say that I got PB's on both of them for the given weather conditions so, a satisfying end to this short season for me. Looking forward to next season and to run with a car that I can develop and tune to my liking. Congrats to the winners of our session and thanks to the organizers for putting on another great event.

Pete

I have 0 points in the whole season :redface:

Decided to prepare for this rally, so I don't end with 0. Tried to practice yesterday, couldn't do more than one Rally School run.
Then decided to wake up early, and drive some before OC4. Been up for a few hours now, haven't even set up the wheel.

I hate practicing :D

Not a bad end to the season, with another solid run despite some small errors on several stages which was enough to take 3rd in class on the EU3 server after Yann's drama on the penultimate stage.
Many thanks to the organizers for a wonderful season and I'll see you all for Season 3! :thanks:

Thanks Sebastien for great fight, it is funny when I'm reading about your "mistakes", because for me it is normall rally stuff:redface:. It shows how good and controlled driver you are. I didn't think that I could even beat the best!
I was also affraid of Simone and Ludovic, because they are showing that they are fast too!

That was incredibly fast for me, but a key of my succes was perfect setups. In earlier rounds I didn't make setups at all and the car was driving like a mad. This time I make the car more soft and it payed off, because it was much more stable.:cool:

I'm nervous about some guys from OC sessions, because there is Attila, who is on 2nd position in the table (and he is also fast) and Rick Bamford (last year he was second), dont forget about Eddie Mann, he was 3rd last year!

As it is last round of the second season of RDRC I want to thanks all rally staff, who prepared prefect season of RDRC. In this year it was a way better than last year and I hope in future it will be also such good like this, or maybe better!
Thanks for all competitors who took part in RDRC and big thanks for everyone who didnt resign of driving after couple of rounds.

Special thanks for Łukasz Demolin who create our tem - Ford team Poland (it was first and saddly last season for this team. I hope that it will in future regenerate!):tongue:

(congratulations of places in the table after season will be post when we will have official table:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back