RDRC S2 - Round 8 - Vauxhall Rally of Wales (18th - 21st June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they say 'third time lucky', but I didn't expect to get this lucky!

I knew coming into the rally there would be a bit of a learning curve with the N4 S2000 Pug, the car handles great, but unlike some of the more 'punchy' cars out there, the pug has plenty of power to get it into trouble, but not quite enough to get it out, correct gear selection seemed to be so much more critical to the overall speed of the car.

All that said, with 14 stages in front of me, cumulative damage and not much of an idea as to what the conditions would hold and only one trial run, in dry conditions in the Pug meant the odds were stacked against me. I wrote the car off 5 times in my trials... Not a good start!

Then, off we went - I put in some 'in the middle' times, but consistently in the top half of the field - had another epic battle with Al - 0.16 was the smallest gap that we managed to achieve, which is unbelievably close. This was on SS9, Al must have seen me in his mirrors on the finish of that stage as he fell off the road and stranded the car - unfortunate to see the battle end, but this again bolted me up the standings.

Thanks to Al and everyone in the OC4 session for the close competition - it came right down to the wire and it was an unexpected result to finish as well as I did - but it proves the old rally adage 'to finish first, first you must finish!'. Thanks to the organisers, it was a fantastic way to finish S2 and has proven to be a worthwhile 'trial' of the new car for the S3 season coming up soon...

Look forward to many more battles with the crew and cant wait to get back in the seat!!

Drive fast - take chances!

Keegs

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats to our winners, Jakub in Premier, and Nigel in the Champions League :trophy:

Keegan Buckley hasn't signed up for Season 2, so his results won't count in the points distribution. Great result nonetheless.

Stage wins
Nigel Atkins (C): 8 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej (P): 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Norbert Leitner (C): 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Sebastien Levret (P): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Tor Anders Berven (P): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Simone Demi (P): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Roy Magnes (C): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Rick Bamford (P): 1 stage win :star:

We'll have to wait for Lukasz for the final points distribution, but the winners are clear even without it.

Sebastien Levret is the winner in the Premier League
Norbert Leitner is the winner in the Champions League

Congrats guys, impressive driving from both :trophy:

Thanks to all who participated, thanks to Lukasz for his mighty Excel skills, and thanks to Rick for organizing the whole thing. Hope you had fun, see you all soon :thanks: :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes

Congratulations to Jakub, Sebastien, and Tor, well done guys. Very close this time. :cool:

Grats to Nigel, Roy, and Norbert for the Champ class podium, very close times to the WRC guys too. :wink:
Great first up drive by Keegan too, pity it hasn't counted, but good signs for next Season.

Congratulations to the overall champions, Seb and Norbert. :trophy::trophy: Seb was pretty much dominant overall, but the Champ class was rather tight I think.

Thanks to Rick and his organising Team (Lukasz, Senad, Ondrej), well done for planning and conducting another successful season. :thanks:

The overall number of drivers in this league demonstrates the popularity of this wonderful Sim, despite it's age. :pray: :rally:

I hope to see most of you next Season. :party:

thanks Senad :D

great result for me and everything seemed to go to plan with a class win, 8 fastest stages and only 1:55 down on 1st place, which is an adveradge of only 8.2 secs per stage :cool::cool::cool:

and by my caculations with yann having a bad Rally it looks like i`ve leapfrogged him into 3rd place :party:

also things are looking good for next season as i took the WRC 07 Focus out for a shakedown with the OC4 guys and event though i haven`t had much time in the car i was still able to set some good times 4 of which would have been fastest overall :wink:
SS2 - Harwood Forest 03:29:37
SS9 - Falstone 03:48:29
SS12 - Falstone 03:46:09
SS13 - Chirdonhead 03:20:26
also looks like Falstone is my new favorite stage :drink:

Congrats to the podiums in both classes. Thanks you to everyone who competed in this seasons championship and special thanks to the organisers without whom we wouldn't be able to have our fun.

See everyone at the first event in season 3.

Cheers Al

congratulations to all finishers and to the podium, looks like I snared some points for the third time this season, I would have never expected to do so. Glad my partner Roman and me are also one of only six teams elligible for the team championship, landing a superb sixth place, haha :)

Very angry about myself for throwing away 3rd at champ a few kilometers to the finish. Thought I had it secured... But no... Had to ruin it with my own stupidity.

What a disappointing ending. After finishing 4th 4 times this year and eventually getting 4th at the champ, I'm getting a bit tired with number 4!

However I can't complain much about my own season, I had the game for only a few weeks when it started, but I immediately got in the pace. I even had a great series of 6 top 5 in a row between round 2 and 7. Had much fun too, the Skoda is quite a pleasent and easy car to drive.

Grats to Sebastien and Roy for their title. Grats to Nigel for taking champions' overall podium with this win. And of course big thanks to the admins, for their magnificent job. Thanks also to everyone who took part in every round or almost, and made this league so enjoyable with its very strong and steady turn-up.

Congrats to the podium places and to the organizers who work tirelessly in the background running these events and producing the results.

I really enjoyed the battle with Chris, Norman and Daniel and I'm looking forward to next season when I'm hoping to be a little more competitive.

Thanks to everyone who competed and gave their support to the Championship.

See you next Season,

Pete

Close, but not close enough :) I started my hunt for the title a little late, but came really close in the end :) Congratulations to all the podium-finishers and everyone involved in the series one way or another :) Looking forward to the next one already :)

Thanks everybody, I am very pleased to race with you during this second season. Thanks to all the drivers of the premier league who fight hard at each round, the battle were very nice.

Thanks to Rick and his organising Team (Lukasz, Senad, Ondrej)

Congratulation to Norbert for his title, congratulation to the podium and the TOP 5 in each championship, and also a big thanks to everybody who run in this season, a lot of drivers for a lot of fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%