RDRC S1 - Round 1 - Rally of Lake Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRC's are light years from me ( but I'm sure that even witha WRC I still be far behind)!
You wanted to say SOME WRCs :D.

I just wasn't ready for this one. WRC spec car, tarmac. And wet one. Just couldn't keep the car on the road in the wet, crashed it badly a few times (no retirements, despite one stage only 60s faster than retiring...). Also, I was reminded why I absolutely LOATHE Bisanne.

When the surface dried out I was able to post some minimally faster times, with 3rd on Pribram losing just by 5 seconds. And I've smashed into a tree in 6th gear, practically full throttle, during this run, causing me to spin around rapidly. Well, maybe Hyundai likes a good shake before going for it ;).

And to top it off I was beaten by almost all N4s on last SSS (change in approach resulting in couple of spins). At least I was yanking the handbrake a lot, maybe crowds liked it :).

Guys,

Please choose a selection of replays to send to me. Not too many if you don't mind. I guess I would send the ones where you had some great moments, maybe where you aren't sure how you made it through an accident, where your car is badly damaged, and of course those stages where you just flew like a bird and everything worked just nice and neatly.

elmomarty@bigpond.com please for those replays

Cheers

having just uncorked a vintage 2004 red to celebrate our first RBR tournie rally here, I sit down to do my race report.

first off, a massive big thx to the organizers, especially I suppose Rick. The rally design was superb, with those weather settings it really felt like two days and a bit. I played for 1hour 35mins and my neck and back tell me that that's about the limit for joyful playing, more would be painful :)
As I was so late to set up my RBR and the PC I clicked two settings wrong in the profile, so I ended up with automatic transmission (yikes) and no reverse gear :( Other than that, the gaming was spotless on the technological side. (can one mess with the MULLAGATAWNY between stages, e.g. by firing up the normal RBR? or by editing the file by hand? I didn't dare try. )

stage1 RSI3 still getting used to the new screen, one call for help getting stuck without reverse, slow time
stage2 Joux P wet produced a jumpstart because of the automatic transmission, plus two calls for help, quite dreadful, almost last in overall standings
stage3 Joux V wet good stage, slowly settling in, no help required
stage4 Bisanne damp motor died on me about 700m from finish, luckily it's downhill so I simply "let it roll" :) and coast to finish
stage5 Joux P damp another jumpstart but a nice stage with no help required and only one minor moment off
stage6 Joux V damp Adrenalin kicking in, really having a blast, first use of handbrake in hairspins even under automatic transmission, got carried away so two calls for help and another blown motor, again: coasting to finish downhill
stage7 Bisanne in the groove now, really enjoying myself, only one call for help
stage8 RSI3 near perfect drive but then overshot the finish, killed a marshall and got reset on track ???? even though I had already crossed the finish line ??? cost me about a minute :( (must be a bug)
stage9 Pribram fog best experience of the night, quite a good ride, really love that stage, especially after watching IRC over the weekend :)
stage10 Cote de damp great ride
stage11 Pribram sunny got a mighty knock landing after that first jump must look crazy on the replay just barely managed to catch 'er, front suspension weird after that, took me half the stage to get used to it
stage12 Cote de sunny pure joy, feeling sorry that it is about to be over (neck and back think otherwise)
stage13 RSI3 perfect ride, first time I had a considerable amount of fellow players behind me in the standings for the stage :)

Where can I get more, this is highly addictive!

Guys,

Please choose a selection of replays to send to me. Not too many if you don't mind. I guess I would send the ones where you had some great moments, maybe where you aren't sure how you made it through an accident, where your car is badly damaged, and of course those stages where you just flew like a bird and everything worked just nice and neatly.

elmomarty@bigpond.com please for those replays

Cheers

OK mate, stages 11, 12 and 13 on the way!

looool as a few other people have mentioned tarmac is not there favroite surface and the same goes for me looool

and 5 bad stages had to retire all together but no problems i waiting for the next rally

congrats all see you all in a week

best regards

Round 1 is over!:D:D ( for some of us at least:tongue: ) And i,m glad it is.:) I like tarmac and i,m quite fast on it ( in other games:D ) but those cars are screaming for some loose surface and i never enjoyed driving them on asphalt:eek::confused::redface::D.

SS1 : Ok run, a bit cautious.
SS2: Cautious again, no major problems.
SS3: 2 spins and some time lost but still ok..ish.
SS4: Bisanne, what can i say, it all started fine, was getting into grooves and then 3 min into the stage small mistake and BIG off and CFH, huge time loss but still going in 3rd gear only....only for another 20 sec:D, engine died and i,m rolling downhill praying to stay that way to the finish, and it did....just:D:D
SS5: Ok, so i know...ish this stage now and can make up for the lost time....or so i thought:redface:, 1 wheel on grass in fast corner and i,m rolling and rolling and rolling, rolled the car about 10 times and CFH of course:D, now my car is in bad shape, wheel tilted far to the left and the car wants to go in that direction as well, almost impossible to drive straight. Very slow 2nd half of the stage with a few spins and another big time loss.

At that point i knew i had to be cautious if i wanted to stay in the top 5 but there was still Pilbram x2 to go and i wasn't too optimistic about it.

SS6: Ok run, bit slow..ish.
SS7: Bisanne again and de ja vu, off in exact the same place, CFH, a few more spins and another big time loss.
SS8: Only 1 spin.
SS9: The one i dread most, 4 spins and engine cutoff before the finish but no DNF.:):)
SS10: Not very good, 1 big spin.
SS11: Pilbram again so very cautious, only 2 spins and lost front bumper.
SS12: Ok...ish.
SS13: Ok...ish.

It was so nice to have so many drivers in server as all the remaining rounds i'll probably drive alone:frown:, i think i finished 3rd or 4th overall in EU, 5 min down, now lets see what the Aussies, Kiwis and Americans can do. GL.

:thanks: to RD staff and all the drives, it was good fun but i,m waiting for the slippery stuff:search::snowman::rolleyes::woot::cool:

Start times are in the first post, you'll have to convert for your time zone.

BTW, the overall results will be a bit late, there's more work involved, plus I'm not home till late afternoon.

EDIT: ah, yes, finally finished watching the broadcast of Rally Deutschland last night, and realized that even these tough and narrow French stages are, dare I say it, childs play compared to the real thing. Scary stuff.

Plagued with problems from the start... I am trying to forget this one already.

Chose the incorrect car, steering wheel glitched (it seemed like RBR reverted to default controls) and to top it all off, I drove the last 4 stages without sound (don't try this at home folks!). Frustrated beyond belief...

Well done to the podium and thanks organisers.

2 words..

Renault Powah!

Lol.
Hopelessly outclassed, but it's so easy and fun to drive. I even had music in the background.

Called for help on probably 80% of the stages, so it kinda wrecked any chance I had of staying with the guys in the group N cars, but nevermind. I'm now returning the car to Renault, for them to weld up the rust holes that have come out over the past 13 stages...

And it was all going (mostly) so well! :eek:

A few minor mistakes, a couple of 180 spins but nothing too terrible, then on SS8 I took a wrong turn (still not sure where....have to watch the replay), spun it around, slammed into reverse and...........ran over a spectator :confused:

Then to make things better SS10 and 11 both crashed to the desktop after less than 5% of the stage :frown:

So that completely ruined my results which is a shame because until then Warren and I were having a pretty good fight.

Meh.....that's how it goes

Thanks to the organisers for the event :)

Well, at least we all had a barrell of laughs over TS tonight, listening to Glenn who sounded like he was sucking on a helium balloon all night. Absolutely hilarious, and certainly eased the tension for the League. :D

This Rally was quite tough, especially in the rain, but I think that is probably fair enough for a League, it needs to challenge us fully at times.

I had my share of spills tonight, wiping out the wooden fence at top speed in SS02, severely wrecking the car, but somehow crawled it home. I also found myself in a pickle at the Pribram barrells (in the foggy one), eventually having to force my way through them to get past, only to find them blocking the road when i came to that spot the second time around. So now I had an additional chicane to navigate. It's all in the replay John, :redface:

Overall, I enjoyed the Rally, even if I messed up a fair few Stages. It was a real shame that Damien had game problems :frown: , he and I were locked in our usual battle and very close all the way, of course well behind Rick and Eddie though.
Eddie was slipping in some very quick Stages too, but sadly it looked like he may had an issue somewhere. :confused:

Thanks to Rick, Senad, and Ondrej for organising. :good:

Well I enjoyed it, lol.

SS1: ok stage but could have been neater.
SS2: I dropped a wheel onto the grass in the third corner and went slidding down a bank, but I was able to get it back onto the road. After that I just couldn't get into the groove.
SS3: A couple of half spins and still not in the groove
SS4: Thought this was an ok stage untill I saw Eddie's time %$$#^&*
SS5: Back to the plain - but i was thrown by Eddie's time on the last stage, couldn't get the groove still. (maybe i needed Glenn's soundtrack)
SS6:Starting to get into it now. Quick, clean and help by Eddie having issues I think
SS7: Happy now.
SS8: Ok......ish
SS9: God I hate this stage. Why did i make it foggy as well. 2 spins and an off into a wall.
SS10: Back on top of things and running well. If it wasn't for Eddie again.
SS11: Still hate this one but at least it was clean
SS12: Dry, no fog, YAY!!!
SS13: Had a spin have way through and stalled. But I finished>

thanks to everyone who competed in the first RDRC rally and I hope you all had fun.

Overall Rally Results

20100830rdrcs1round1ral.png

Congrats to our winners, Jakub in the A league, and Ludovic in the Premier :good:

There are 9 different stage winners, counting A and Premier separately:

Jakub Sulej: 7 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Ludovic Cogotti: 7 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Sebastien Levret: 3 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star:
Eddie Mann: 3 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star:
Glenn Morris: 2 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star:
Robi Kulcsar: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:
Senad Subasic: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:
Lee Palmer: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:
David Zafiu: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:

That's a lot of stars :eek:

Tried to make it easy to see in which league everyone is. If you have a better idea, please let me know :)

Team and championship points pending, I'll try to finish it by the end of the day, just wanted to post this ASAP, I'm sure everyone's wondering.

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 2010-08-30 RDRC S1 - Round 1 - Rally of Lake Mountain.png
    2010-08-30 RDRC S1 - Round 1 - Rally of Lake Mountain.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks