RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the clio's in the replay? Is the mod based on clio's?
That is a very good question... :laugh: Could you shed some light @Shawn Jacobs? :p I too was curious when you shared that video, and the fact that the car appears to have sunk in to the ground raised more questions. :roflmao:

The safety car is based on the Nissan 370z (GT4) mod, by ISI; modifications to the car, including the lights, were made by RaceDepartment's very own @Stefan Woudenberg! :D

Everyone has their own interpretations of what should and what should not be done on track. In the end the only thing that stands are the rules.

I would recommend driving your own lines as much as possible, not making any special moves. The key words are predictable and safe. Whenever you are going to lap some or get lapped, try to make sure it's absolutely clear what you are going to do. Move out of a slipstream early, flash your lights if you're planning an overtake or if you're counting on someone to pass you. Don't do the dive bombs or slow-downs at high speed.

General rule of thumb I have kept driving a GT car is to try to avoid going through a corner side by side. "This guy is probably going to out-break me here": leave room and slot in behind him as I turn in. "This guy might think about sticking his nose in": close the door early. You want to avoid miscommunication. Doubt is a killer. You act or you don't. No half-heartedness.

As for overtaking preferences: straights (pure speed) > exits (undercuts) > entries (out-braking) > mid-corner shenanigans (dive in gaps). Avoid the latter one if you can.
I would just like to say I agree with everything that @Yoeri Gijsen has already said, and add that it is ultimately the responsibility of the quicker car to safely perform the overtaking manoeuvre. The slower car should remain on the racing line whilst being lapped - the faster car is required to find a safe way around.

This said, cooperation is required from both cars when an overtake is being performed; each car must give the other sufficient space, and drivers must behave decisively. The key is to be predictable - do not make sudden, erratic or abnormal movements, and do not panic. Drive as normal, stick to your line, and this way everything will be fine - the rhyming was not intended. :p

IMPORTANT!

Live timing is now available! Click here for more information, and if you have any questions please ask.
It says there are 2 GT cars, Leo Tankslapper and Nick Benson on the live timing but they arent showing on live racers. Are these cars AI? Thanks Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a very good question... :laugh: Could you shed some light @Shawn Jacobs? :p I too was curious when you shared that video, and the fact that the car appears to have sunk in to the ground raised more questions. :roflmao:

The safety car is based on the Nissan 370z (GT4) mod, by ISI; modifications to the car, including the lights, were made by RaceDepartment's very own @Stefan Woudenberg! :D

So that replay should have actually been a replay of my fastest lap in the P2. For some reason when I loaded the file though it seems to have speed of the P2 but is showing as a medical/pace car, no idea why it happened, but I just found it rather amusing lol

I have joined the server, but the Lolas are not available to choose.
Could you please clarify Damian? Are only some of the Lola models available, or are none of them available?

As specified in the General Information thread, only 3 of all Lola models that comprise the Endurance Series mod (and only the newest of these cars) are currently available on the server, and may actually be used for the championship. The following models are included as part of our "custom" mod:
  • Lola B08/80 Judd
  • Lola B09/86 Mazda
  • Lola B11/83 HPD V6

Fresh install of rF2, tried to join the RDLMS server to let it download the mods, and it's telling me 'Package not available'. Can anyone suggest any ideas?

I've spent more time trying to get this freakin' game to work than actually running laps :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

@Daiman Patel can we get an overview up of what software is needed to join the server right now? I think some people are running older mods or packages.
There's nothing new that is required, at the moment. The resources have not been changed in a week, and as soon as an update is released it will be downloaded and installed automatically anyway (via the GetMod system).

@David Armstrong & @Davy Vandevenne: could you please confirm whether you were trying to access the server via the rF2 launcher or Steam's server list? This would be incredibly helpful. :)

There's nothing new that is required, at the moment. The resources have not been changed in a week, and as soon as an update is released it will be downloaded and installed automatically anyway (via the GetMod system).

@David Armstrong & @Davy Vandevenne: could you please confirm whether you were trying to access the server via the rF2 launcher or Steam's server list? This would be incredibly helpful. :)
via the rF2 launcher here

IMPORTANT!

Following a server restart the .rfmod should now download and install successfully, if you do not have it already. However, in case the problem does reoccur, you may download it from here (please be aware that this will become invalid this evening once a new version of the vehicle mod, containing any team liveries that have already been submitted, has been released). Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused. The exact cause of this fault is unknown, but we shall continue to investigate and monitor the situation.

Last edited:
Still not working unfortunately but i'm gonna dowlading it on the topic. Thanks

The error is : "Packages not available". I tried to join it on the rF2 Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back