RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I have a question! The pilot how change happens in the race, and how do we test?
Thank you for your answers!
Thank you for sharing that link Shawn. :thumbsup:

Please bear in mine, however, that hot-swapping will be disabled, so this part of the tutorial may be disregarded for the purposes of the league. You shall only be permitted to perform a driver swap during a pit-stop, using the 'Passenger Select' option and method.

Hi guys,

To register the teams for this event, we need to be registered in the championship? I'm asking, because we have not yet completed our line up.

thx
Hi Douglas,

Ideally you should be registered to participate in the championship if you wish to partake in this event, but this is not a necessity; certainly for all subsequent rounds, however, your team will need to be registered so that you are licensed to race in the RDLMS. You can find more information about signing-up here. Don't worry if you have not yet completed your line-up - this can be amended at any time once you have registered and entered the league.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Very nice to see that you have start a new RDLMS season. Now i see that the races aren't only 6hours like the last season in 2014. It's sad because my team (GRC "Gentlemenraceclub") didn't have the menpower for 12 or 24h races.

But i wish you all much fun guys and hope that you find enough teams for this long races! I had in 2014 much fun in this great series. ;)

Thank you for sharing that link Shawn. :thumbsup:

Please bear in mine, however, that hot-swapping will be disabled, so this part of the tutorial may be disregarded for the purposes of the league. You shall only be permitted to perform a driver swap during a pit-stop, using the 'Passenger Select' option and method.

How do you enter the server in spectate mode now? As that guide is really old and only has the old UI, how am I meant to join as a spectator now? I have searched through the settings but no where does it mention spectator mode.

How do you enter the server in spectate mode now? As that guide is really old and only has the old UI, how am I meant to join as a spectator now? I have searched through the settings but no where does it mention spectator mode.
Following changes to the way in which multiplayer is now accessed (via Steam's server lists, or the server list in the rF2 launcher), the process of entering the server as a spectator now requires a few more clicks than before. Apologies for the confusion. The new instructions are below:

Once you've entered the Vehicle Select screen, after logging in to the server, click Back (before clicking Race) , go to Network settings and switch Spectate to ON

I shall create updated instructions (including screenshots) soon.

In the meantime, I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Following changes to the way in which multiplayer is now accessed (via Steam server list, or the server list in the launcher), the process of entering the server is spectator mode requires a few more clicks than before. Apologies for the confusion. The new instructions are below:

I shall create updated instructions (including screenshots) soon.

In the meantime, I hope this helps.

Thank you for explaining it, I couldn't find it anywhere! I heard that they had a lot of issues with the way that spectate mode worked before, so it sounds like it made sense to change it. I appreciate the help :)

Hey guys,
we are looking for 2 more friendly and consistent drivers for P2 for our team for the RDLMS season. If you are interested in this event and have not found a team yet PM me to join us.

edit: Team founded / closed

Last edited:
Apologises @Frank I thought it was the current instructions I'd used previously, should always read the post before sharing the link.

Grabbed a couple of quick screenshots

When you initially log into the server you should be presented with this screen

screen1.JPG

On this screen click "Network Settings"

screen3.JPG

and then select Spectate ON then back

The game automatically moves to the next screen "Car Selection" after a few seconds when you initially join the server, if this occurs prior to you having a chance to hit network setting, just click the back button.

Apologises @Frank I thought it was the current instructions I'd used previously, should always read the post before sharing the link.

Grabbed a couple of quick screenshots

When you initially log into the server you should be presented with this screen

View attachment 167395

On this screen click "Network Settings"

View attachment 167396

and then select Spectate ON then back

The game automatically moves to the next screen "Car Selection" after a few seconds when you initially join the server, if this occurs prior to you having a chance to hit network setting, just click the back button.
Thanks for the explanation and screenshots Shawn! :thumbsup:

Does the driver who qualifies the car have to start the race? Or can we swap drivers during warm up?
I can confirm that the driver who qualifies must also start the race. I shall update the rules to this effect.

Hi! That means that the driver who finish Qualy session must start the race? Or the driver who has the team fast lap? Because in qualy session can do driver swap...

Hi! That means that the driver who finish Qualy session must start the race? Or the driver who has the team fast lap? Because in qualy session can do driver swap...
Only one driver for each car is permitted to be on the server during the qualifying session, and driver swaps shall not be allowed (you may only perform driver swaps during the race), therefore the drivers on the server at the time of the qualifying session will be required to start the race.

(you may only perform driver swaps during the race),
It is getting clearer with each of your answers, but it still raises questions, sorry to be a pain… :)
It is clearly stated we cannot have duplicate cars as soon as official practice starts. Can we swap drivers in practice? And then we must have the same driver keeping the car from the end of practice, through quali and warm up, and doing the start and first stint, right?

Last edited:
Thank you..
Just to check, in enduracers, are all the corvettes the same pace? Should they all accept same setup?cheers
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner - your question had gotten lost in amongst the other messages. Based on the original information regarding the Endurance Series mod, both Corvettes should have the same pace but I'm not sure if this is still the case; there are several aspects of the mod that must have been changed some time between the initial announcement and the release. So I could not say for certain that both cars have the same pace, nor that they both accept the same setup. Sorry for not being able to give you a clear answer. (Checking this is not especially easy either, as the key files of the mod are encrypted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes