RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not working unfortunately but i'm gonna dowlading it on the topic. Thanks

The error is : "Packages not available". I tried to join it on the rF2 Launcher
I got the message "Packages not available" until I installed the track and PC manually.
Thank you for the update guys. :thumbsup: I shall continue to look in to the issue - I have a couple of ideas as to what the cause / fault may be, so I shall explore these avenues first.

P.S. Still no Lola cars on the car list to select
Apologies for the inconvenience Damian. However, I believe that I know what is preventing the Lola models from appearing in the list - there are some "invalid" characters in the vehicle descriptions, which prevents it from appearing in the multiplayer menu. I have seen this problem before, with a different resource, but wasn't aware there were any issues with the RDLMS custom component at the time when it was created. I have already made the necessary corrections so that when the next version of the vehicle mod is released - hopefully this evening - the problem will be resolved.

In the meantime, if you enter the single player mode you should see all 3 Lola models appear in the car list.

Once again, I am sorry for the mistake.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

After uninstalling all of the resources relevant to the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R0 server from my local rFactor 2 install, I was able to reproduce the issue that several of you have experienced. I analysed the download process, and confirmed that the .rfmod had in fact been downloaded. This, in turn, indicated that the problem was actually occurring when attempting to download any missing resources - .rfcmp files - via GetMod; the process hangs when trying to determine which resources are missing before displaying the error 'Packages not available'.

As a result, I have created a fresh .rfmod (which should download automatically when logging in to the server), and hopefully this should now resolve the problem. I can confirm that it has worked, having tested it myself.

Any feedback would once again be appreciated, and once again I apologise for the inconvenience.

RedShift Racing is currently looking for two drivers to help fill our vacant seats in the GT class, for the RDLMS. We shall be using the Porsche 997 (a team favourite), and would like any interested drivers to come forward.

A great deal of experience is not a necessity, since this will ultimately be an entry for fun, but if you have previously raced in the RDLMS (or similar), or any other league for that matter this would be fantastic. We are ultimately looking for two friendly drivers who would be eager to practice, committed to the team, and willing to put in the effort, but who also enjoy a bit of banter, and have a general passion for motorsport. Experience in developing car setups would also be great, but is not a necessity as you will join one of the team's veteran pilots who is able to setup cars.

If you are interested please send me a PM, and we'll have a chat! :)

IMPORTANT!

An updated version of the car pack has been released. This includes all of the skins that have been submitted thus far, so that they may be used for Round 0 next week. The download link in the first post has been updated, or the package will be automatically downloaded and installed when you access the server. Whilst uninstalling the previous version (v0.1) of the car pack is not necessary, we would advise you to do this in case any potential conflicts occur; this shall have to be done manually via the 'Content' menu of the rFactor 2 launcher.

A new .rfmod has also been created, and this may be downloaded from here, or directly from the server when you log in (the latter will be an automatic process - no additional or manual steps will be required).

GetMod is now working for me too, thanks for your work @Daiman Patel :thumbsup:

However, I'm still getting that bug with the pace car. Load any session in a GT or P2 car, and include the RDLMS RC (pace cars) in the opponent filter and I get "Mesh 370z_wiper: Bone BONE03 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM". Track loads but the game crashes to desktop if you switch views to any of the AI pace cars.

I'm only worried about this since I assume the pace cars will be in use on race day.

I updated with the skin pack, I have the RDLMS pace car installed… but I still see a yellow Clio as a pace car at the pit lane exit? (Same one as seen on Shawn's video) I don't get any error, no crash (unless I alt-tab quite a few times) everything seems to work fine offline or online. But it seems I have something wrong, not sure how I should correct this? Or could this be linked to David's question? I did not try to switch the view to the pace car.

I'm still getting that bug with the pace car. Load any session in a GT or P2 car, and include the RDLMS RC (pace cars) in the opponent filter and I get "Mesh 370z_wiper: Bone BONE03 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM".
verify_2.png

No worries, thanks @Daiman Patel I'll go make a coffee :D
The server is now up again! :thumbsup:

I updated with the skin pack, I have the RDLMS pace car installed… but I still see a yellow Clio as a pace car at the pit lane exit? (Same one as seen on Shawn's video) I don't get any error, no crash (unless I alt-tab quite a few times) everything seems to work fine offline or online. But it seems I have something wrong, not sure how I should correct this? Or could this be linked to David's question? I did not try to switch the view to the pace car.
Thanks for the heads up Alex! :) The incorrect car (vehicle file) was specified as the safety car in the .rFm file, and as a result the Clio safety car, created by ISI, is shown by default. I have now corrected the file, recreated the .rfmod, and restarted the server, so hopefully the issue has been resolved. ;) Would you (or anybody else) be able to confirm this please? I'm not at a PC with access to rF2 at the moment.

Last edited:
The server is now up again! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up Alex! :) The incorrect car (vehicle file) was specified as the safety car in the .rFm file, and as a result the Clio safety car, created by ISI, is shown by default. I have now corrected the file, recreated the .rfmod, and restarted the server, so hopefully the issue has been resolved. ;) Would you (or anybody else) be able to confirm this please? I'm not at a PC with access to rF2 at the moment.

still Clio unfortunately.

GetMod is now working for me too, thanks for your work @Daiman Patel :thumbsup:

However, I'm still getting that bug with the pace car. Load any session in a GT or P2 car, and include the RDLMS RC (pace cars) in the opponent filter and I get "Mesh 370z_wiper: Bone BONE03 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM". Track loads but the game crashes to desktop if you switch views to any of the AI pace cars.

I'm only worried about this since I assume the pace cars will be in use on race day.
I'm glad to hear that GetMod is now working! :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I was planning to reply to your initial message this weekend, but issues have been cropping up one after another (mainly RDLMS related) so unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to respond. Please accept my apologies.

Regarding the error, I believe this only occurs when adding AI pace cars to a session; I have seen the problem transpire before, but it was some time ago (back in 2014) when RaceDepartment was running the VWEC. There is a mesh missing in the WIPER.ANM file, which belongs to the safety car component, and for some reason this is required when the car is driven by AI. The issue does not seem to occur, however, when a person is driving the car - it has not been a problem in the past, and I also performed a test on the server the other day with another member of staff and there were no errors. Therefore on race day it should not be an issue. We shall test this ahead of the Round 0 event this weekend.

In the meantime, I would suggest removing the RDLMS Race Control car from your opponent filter as a workaround. Sorry that I can't actually provide you with a solution. However, as I say, this should not be an issue during the events as the cars will not be driven by AI; the car has previously been used for club and league races without incident. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know Shawn. I shall take a look at this later - hopefully it will be relatively simple to resolve. :thumbsup:
Another quick question, how's the grip on the server configured? Is it a pre set real road file, or is it starting off green after restarts and naturally progressing until next server reboot? Seems like it has no grip tonight, but I may just be forgetting how to drive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes