RD Star Mazda Series - Season 1 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACEDEPARTMENT Star Mazda Series

Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

Season 1

Round 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedaway - Road Course -- March 20th
Round 2: Watkins Glen - Boot -- April 3rd
Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course -- April 17th
Round 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - May 1st
Round 5: Brands Hatch GP -- May 15th
Round 6: Road Atlanta - Full Course -- May 29th
Round 7: Circuit de SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits -- June 12th
Round 8: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course -- June 26th

*Number of Laps will be posted in race thread
***Dates subject to change

Race Schedule:

Racing Sim: iRacing

Cars: Star Mazda

Setups: Open

Hosted Event Server name: RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - Standing Start
Grid Max - 34 drivers (36 drivers after Round 1)
Fast tows - 1

P2 - 40
P3 - 35
P4 - 31
P5 - 30
P6 - 29
P7 - 28
P8 - 27
P9 - 26
P10 - 25
P11 - 24
P12 - 23
P13 - 22
P14 - 21
P15 - 20
P16 - 19
P17 - 18
P18 - 17
P19 - 16
P20 – 15
P21 – 14
P22 – 13
P23 – 12
P24 – 11
P25 – 10
P26 – 9
P27 – 8
P28 – 7
P29 - 6
P30 - 5
P31 - 4
P32 - 3
P33 - 2
P34 - 1

Pole Position: 5 points
Fastest Lap: 5 points
Most laps led: 5 points

Drop Races: There will be two (2) drop races available throughout the season to allow for real life commitments. The RD Star Mazda Staff understand that things may come up but please make sure before signing up that you will at least be able to attend six (6) out of the eight (8) races.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties:
Please remember, the League staff will only review the first lap of each race as standard procedure - any other incidents must be reported before any review will be undertaken.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Send a PM to either Will Marquez, Kevin Watts, Abdul Ahmed or William Nowell. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

First lap penalty: If a driver causes an incident on the first lap of the race resulting in a major damage to another car, he will start from pitlane in the next race entered.

Blue flag: The driver receiving the blue flag is responsible of moving out of the racing line and give way to the lapping car as early as possible. In most situations, the driver receiving the blue flag will be deemed at fault in case of an incident with a front runner unless the incident is caused by the lapping driver's negligence.

Making contact from behind: In most situations a driver causing an incident by making contact from behind will be found guilty and penalized (a blue flag situation is one of the exceptions).

No Shows: If a driver does not post that they will not be attending a certain race. That will be considered a no show. Two or more no shows and the RD Star Mazda Series Staff can possibly remove that driver from league. Please if you are unable to attend a race, a simple post stating that you cannot attend will suffice.

next race will be beter alan
any practice u dit this week u can take with u in the next league

i fixed my spotter, for some reason he thaught my Hdmi audio was disconnected
weird becuse the games spund also comes from the HDMI

also udate my spotter back to the JJpack

Kevin and myself decided not to schedule any RDiR Club events for this weekend due to Father's Day. As many will be busy with family. However if there is enough interest, we can put up a 4-6 hour Practice Server for everyone to prepare for Daytona.

Got some practice in tonight after work. Just curious is 155 mph the fastest the Star Mazda can go? Adjusting which wing, front or rear that gives you more top speed?

Tested with Sam's Charlotte Road setup so far.

Attachments

• SP_RDSMS_charlote.sto
    1 KB · Views: 236
Anyone put any laps in round here yet? I very quickly tried the above set last night, outlap then a 1.53.xxx then a wipe out! So I am guessing that the fast guys will be getting close to 1.47/48's after some practice?

Track flows quite nicely, I reckon there could be some good racing round here

Lol, i thought the event was this Sunday. Any event will do for me thisSunday.So far i could drive 1.49.8x. But did nothing with setup yet.

[Edit]
My PB is now 1.48.299. Still room for lots of improvements as the car is bottoming out on the oval banking.

Attachments

• RR_Mazda_Daytona_Qc.sto
    1 KB · Views: 273
Only changes I made to the setup was rear ARB to none. Car felt more stable on exit. I would have been right up there aswell had my net been stable. Frustrated. I'll say thats equivalent to a car without a budget in RL :) :)

There was some to-do about that when the Lotus ran here. I can see it being an advantage in that car - not so sure on this one. NASCAR does not allow racing on the apron, not sure about Grand-Am (who do the road course events here). Personally, I don't have a problem with it (won't race there, but don't care if others do). What say the admins?

Drivers will be required to keep two tires on the banking (oval section) at all times.

Apologies guys for not being active lately, been busy with my externship. Looking forward to the final round on Sunday :)

Edit: Just saw Kevin's post now, as he has stated that the track is defined by being above the yellow line. As long as you have two tires above that line it is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes