RD Star Mazda Series - Season 1 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACEDEPARTMENT Star Mazda Series

Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

Season 1

Round 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedaway - Road Course -- March 20th
Round 2: Watkins Glen - Boot -- April 3rd
Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course -- April 17th
Round 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - May 1st
Round 5: Brands Hatch GP -- May 15th
Round 6: Road Atlanta - Full Course -- May 29th
Round 7: Circuit de SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits -- June 12th
Round 8: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course -- June 26th

*Number of Laps will be posted in race thread
***Dates subject to change

Race Schedule:

Racing Sim: iRacing

Cars: Star Mazda

Setups: Open

Hosted Event Server name: RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - Standing Start
Grid Max - 34 drivers (36 drivers after Round 1)
Fast tows - 1

P2 - 40
P3 - 35
P4 - 31
P5 - 30
P6 - 29
P7 - 28
P8 - 27
P9 - 26
P10 - 25
P11 - 24
P12 - 23
P13 - 22
P14 - 21
P15 - 20
P16 - 19
P17 - 18
P18 - 17
P19 - 16
P20 – 15
P21 – 14
P22 – 13
P23 – 12
P24 – 11
P25 – 10
P26 – 9
P27 – 8
P28 – 7
P29 - 6
P30 - 5
P31 - 4
P32 - 3
P33 - 2
P34 - 1

Pole Position: 5 points
Fastest Lap: 5 points
Most laps led: 5 points

Drop Races: There will be two (2) drop races available throughout the season to allow for real life commitments. The RD Star Mazda Staff understand that things may come up but please make sure before signing up that you will at least be able to attend six (6) out of the eight (8) races.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties:
Please remember, the League staff will only review the first lap of each race as standard procedure - any other incidents must be reported before any review will be undertaken.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Send a PM to either Will Marquez, Kevin Watts, Abdul Ahmed or William Nowell. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

First lap penalty: If a driver causes an incident on the first lap of the race resulting in a major damage to another car, he will start from pitlane in the next race entered.

Blue flag: The driver receiving the blue flag is responsible of moving out of the racing line and give way to the lapping car as early as possible. In most situations, the driver receiving the blue flag will be deemed at fault in case of an incident with a front runner unless the incident is caused by the lapping driver's negligence.

Making contact from behind: In most situations a driver causing an incident by making contact from behind will be found guilty and penalized (a blue flag situation is one of the exceptions).

No Shows: If a driver does not post that they will not be attending a certain race. That will be considered a no show. Two or more no shows and the RD Star Mazda Series Staff can possibly remove that driver from league. Please if you are unable to attend a race, a simple post stating that you cannot attend will suffice.

Sorry for late post fellas, but will have to drop from Spa race.

Computer is giving me major headaches and not in a fit state to run iRacing. Having to post this from my old Win XP machine.

Hopefully be back for series wrap up at Daytona.

Have fun and thankfully it should be dry in iRacing, lol.

:D

would love to see some rain in iracing

but not a flood like in canada :D

hope u get ure pc sorted out against next race daz
Cheers bud.

Had to end up formatting the PC and just gone Win 7 re-installed and going through driver update process. Currently just after 9pm UK time, so at least I have the delayed F1 race at Montreal to watch, lol.

As long as everything goes to plan, I'll have everything back re-installed from back-ups by mid-week and should deffo be there at Daytona.

Yes, I'd like to echo the advice that once you are involved in an incident, you have to be careful and only re-take the track when it is safe.

I really like Spa, and it was a nice race, even though I took damage in T1 from someone trying to re-enter the track without regard for me already being there. Not too bad though. I stayed behind Robert a few laps and then got a better run through Eau Rouge than he did and got the pass. Then it was basically just race clean for the rest of the race. Couldn't catch those in front, so I just concentrated on staying in front of Robert. :)

It's great to be running with you all again!!! The past month or two has been a bit on the ruff side with my hand, however I'm looking forward to much more RD iRacing from now on.

Pedro, no worries buddy. I figured it was something as I knew there was no where else for me to go as I was right up against that wall in T1. It's all good bud, as it's just pixels on a screen and great fun!

Thanks again everyone and a BIG thank you to RD, Kevin, and Will for doing all of this for us!

Expect a pictorial tonight as I don't think I'll be running for the rest of the evening as my hand needs a break... :frown:

About the rolling start Dario, feel like everyone has enough experience with running with one another. And we all know that the race cannot be won but lost in T1 has been known for all of our races. Early in the series I got caught up in some T1 incidents, happens sometimes and it is unlucky. But definitely agree with what has been mentioned about once involved in an incident or spin that one should stay on the brakes, let traffic go by and then rejoin track safely.

If anyone has any incidents that they would like to report please PM, Kevin or myself and we will take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%