RD Star Mazda Series - Season 1 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACEDEPARTMENT Star Mazda Series

Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

Season 1

Round 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedaway - Road Course -- March 20th
Round 2: Watkins Glen - Boot -- April 3rd
Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course -- April 17th
Round 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - May 1st
Round 5: Brands Hatch GP -- May 15th
Round 6: Road Atlanta - Full Course -- May 29th
Round 7: Circuit de SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits -- June 12th
Round 8: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course -- June 26th

*Number of Laps will be posted in race thread
***Dates subject to change

Race Schedule:

Racing Sim: iRacing

Cars: Star Mazda

Setups: Open

Hosted Event Server name: RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - Standing Start
Grid Max - 34 drivers (36 drivers after Round 1)
Fast tows - 1

P2 - 40
P3 - 35
P4 - 31
P5 - 30
P6 - 29
P7 - 28
P8 - 27
P9 - 26
P10 - 25
P11 - 24
P12 - 23
P13 - 22
P14 - 21
P15 - 20
P16 - 19
P17 - 18
P18 - 17
P19 - 16
P20 – 15
P21 – 14
P22 – 13
P23 – 12
P24 – 11
P25 – 10
P26 – 9
P27 – 8
P28 – 7
P29 - 6
P30 - 5
P31 - 4
P32 - 3
P33 - 2
P34 - 1

Pole Position: 5 points
Fastest Lap: 5 points
Most laps led: 5 points

Drop Races: There will be two (2) drop races available throughout the season to allow for real life commitments. The RD Star Mazda Staff understand that things may come up but please make sure before signing up that you will at least be able to attend six (6) out of the eight (8) races.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties:
Please remember, the League staff will only review the first lap of each race as standard procedure - any other incidents must be reported before any review will be undertaken.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Send a PM to either Will Marquez, Kevin Watts, Abdul Ahmed or William Nowell. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

First lap penalty: If a driver causes an incident on the first lap of the race resulting in a major damage to another car, he will start from pitlane in the next race entered.

Blue flag: The driver receiving the blue flag is responsible of moving out of the racing line and give way to the lapping car as early as possible. In most situations, the driver receiving the blue flag will be deemed at fault in case of an incident with a front runner unless the incident is caused by the lapping driver's negligence.

Making contact from behind: In most situations a driver causing an incident by making contact from behind will be found guilty and penalized (a blue flag situation is one of the exceptions).

No Shows: If a driver does not post that they will not be attending a certain race. That will be considered a no show. Two or more no shows and the RD Star Mazda Series Staff can possibly remove that driver from league. Please if you are unable to attend a race, a simple post stating that you cannot attend will suffice.

Soooo glad that they didn't ask me to come into work today. As I got to get in some racing with you guys after some technical difficulties at Road Atlanta. Avoided the incidents at T1 and had an amazing battle with William for the first 5-6 laps. Wheel to wheel, bumper to bumper racing the entire time. Ran lower wings so thru Eau Rouge and the back straight was able to gain on William. Then thru the corners is where William would gain on me. Swapped positions a handful of times in those early laps. Then slowly started to pull away and track down, Mr Rolleston, whose family just had a baby! Congrats! He was running consistent times and halfway thru the race was gaining on him. Overtook him after Eau Rouge and started to build a slight gap. With just 2 laps to go I got on the throttle too early and spun and saw my car heading for the barrier but was able to stop her in time and in my mirrors I could see David fly past me up for the final spot on the podium and not enough laps to catch him. Really enjoyed this race and happy to have made it after being super busy with my externship lately.

Congrats to David K for the race win, and to Joe and David R for podium finishes!

Race replay is being uploaded now. Will post results and Overall Standings shortly.

See you guys at the Final Round at Daytona!

Interesting Race start.

I had a good initial start and braked just in time to drive safe through T1. No luck for me while someone in front spun the car and I tried to take avoiding actions where another car spun. I was just behind one of the cars and thought everyone was through by then and tried to enter the track until the next cars came through. One of them was a bit wide but still on his line and i clipped his back. Think it was Phil. Sorry mate, didn't saw you coming.

Rest of the lap was nursing into the pitlane for repairs and 2 of 3 spins during that lap because of bend steering.
After the pitstop and still on the lead-lap I drove an almost clean race. Nothing special, good laptimes and lonely.

See you later in Daytona.

Didn't get off the line very well, which turned out for the best. Hit the brakes early into T1 and hugged the very inside, which allowed me to clear the mayhem. Took a little bump to the rear that caused some minor damage, but carried on. Got to watch a good battle between Will & William as they slowly pulled off into the sunset.
Karl slowly tracked me down in his hurt car over the next 10 laps or so, finally getting by when I had a 'moment' in Eau Rouge. A couple of laps later he spun on the left turn after Rivage and the chase was on again. I was usually faster from Les Combes through Rivage and through Fagnes, but I'm horrible at the bus stop, where he would grab half a second every lap. In the end, I think he sided with caution as I barely held the spot the last two times through the complex. Good racing.
Finish: 6th. Ties my best finish of the season and should be worth a couple of spots, at least temporarily, in the league standings.

What a great race! The problem I was having with my center screen periodically going blank had become worse. It made the sim undriveable, fortunately the XFX active displayport-DVI adapter arrived Friday and seems to have eliminated the problem :woot: (thanks a zillion Will :thumb: ). However I got virtually no practice and I was terribly slow so I was prepared for a lovely drive through the Belgian countryside at the back of the pack.

When the race started, I cleverly avoided the T1 festivities and emerged in 8th. Settled in and ran a few laps when Phil was coming up on me. Knowing how slow I was I conceded the position without contest and started looking out for the next person who would come up on me. Then a funny thing happened...I wasn;t loosing any ground to Phil and was pulling away from 10th. WTF I was running over 2 seconds faster than I ran in qual LOL. Anyway, I settled into a fun chase for the last 12 laps staying 2-4 seconds behind Phil. Tons o' fun. Grats to the podium and all participants.

Had a decent qualification with my best lap to that point of a 2.19.2xx.

Decent start but was being careful into T1 then saw the carnage - Will N moved wide to avoid the wreck in front of him as I turnded in we collided side on - no problems - no damage I then went wide to avoid the carnage and clipped a stationary Pedro - sorry nowhere to go.

I almost quit but the car was just about driveable - didn't want to turn right and wanted to spin when going left - steering bent to the left.

I was in 7th and was chasing Eric so I stuck with it and managed to sneak past him as he just held onto it through Eau Rouge - almost a big one !

Only spun once despite the car trying it's best to do so and Eric sneaked by - chased him down and tried to pressure him into an error in the closing lap or two. he held on but I wasn't in shape to have a real crack at a pass - car too unpredicatable and was also missing a bit of top end - it was 1.5s a lap off usual pace so just tried to bring it home for a solid result. Great fun though Eric.

Well done to David K - class of your own today and to Joe and David R - nice work.

Obutto with triple screens for the next race for me - I'm sure I won't be faster but it should be more fun :wink:

Once again Many Thanks to Will and Kevin for a top notch event.

Cheers

Ok gents the pictorial is up for your viewing pleasure. If I missed anyone please forgive me as I was trying to make the most of the battles that were going on. I was trying to include everyone but I think a few dropped out of the race after T1. I don't understand that really to be honest. Just use a tow if need be and get back in it, as this is for fun. Hang around and I'll bet you still make up ground even after a tow. Don't let it get you frustrated, it's only pixels on a screen my friends. The sooner that sinks in the more fun you will have and I promise the more fun you have the better you get which leads to higher positions.

RD Star Mazda Series - Round 8 - Daytona Road - June 26th, 2011

RDStarMazdaRound8DaytonaRoadflyercopy.png

Servername:
RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series - Round 8
Password: RD Star Mazda Series PW
Track: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course
Car: Star Mazda

Official Practice: Event starts 18:30pm GMT / 2:30pm EST / 11:30am PST
Registration end Quali Starts 20:30pm GMT / 4:30pm EST / 1:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - 20 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Entry List
  1. Will Marquez #04
  2. Kevin Watts #9
  3. Eric Estes #14 (Will miss event)
  4. Dario Jagar #13
  5. William Nowell
  6. Abdul Ahmed #77
  7. Pedro van Baelen #05
  8. Evan Madore
  9. George Pilkington #09
  10. Daz Webb #19
  11. Brad Wrenn #31
  12. Joe Hubbard
  13. Lars Strijdonck #42
  14. Glenn Petersen #56
  15. Karl Brankin
  16. Nathan Robinson
  17. Neale Proud
  18. Nick Bell #6
  19. Alexander Börding
  20. Anthony Hilton #75
  21. Bob Luneski #21
  22. Sam Peacock #69
  23. Phil Hopkins #24
  24. Alan Wilson #59
  25. Dawid Kus #5
  26. John Sydenstricker #12
  27. Lee Russell #80
  28. Max Reed #15
  29. David Rolleston #11
  30. Bjorn de Haas #60
  31. Adam Bark #48
  32. John Martin
  33. Ramon van Rijn #99 (may miss event)
  34. Joachim Politzer
  35. Jim Lamb
  36. ***

Hello RD Star Mazda Racers,

Please read carefully the entire briefing as you are required to know ALL of this information.

1- CHAT:

Text Chat is*forbidden*during the race. Voice chat is acceptable but please be courteous to your fellow races and keep this to an absolute minimum.

2.- Start procedure:

Standing Start. You will have 2 minutes to place your car on the grid.

3.- Reset Car:

*During Open Practice or Race, if you must press the reset car button to remove your car off track and return to pits or use a Fast Tow, please do so by either pulling off track but most importantly remove yourself from the racing line as there are also others on the track as well.

4.- Qualifying Session:

During Qualifying, you get an outlap, and only TWO consecutive hotlaps.

5.-*Incidents, Appeals & Penalties[From the RD League Regulations edited for the RD Star Mazda Series]

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

***YOU MUST WAIT FOR 24 HOURS TO COOL DOWN BEFORE YOU CAN SUBMIT A REPORT***

Any reports sent in within 24hours of the race will be not be reviewed.

Public rants will not be tolerated after the race. Posts of these nature will be deleted and a warning will be given to people involved.

No report = no investigation = no penalty*

A report can be sent to the RD Star Mazda Staff (Kevin Watts, Will Marquez, Abdul Ahmed and William Nowell) by private message. It must always contain:

* The name of the reported driver (the violator)
* Replay lap# of the incident
* A short description of the incident, without rant

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from outsider will be not be considered.

The staff will then investigate the incident.

Reports must be sent after at least a 24 hour cool down period, within no more than 2 days of the finish of the race. Reports that come in too late might not be considered.

Gratz David, Joe and David seems like it was a great event.

Absolutely dreaded about last night, first time since ever or so that i have a change for a podium in a series, but it seems to go all down the drain now :( One more to go really hope real life is going to let me race Daytona.

Shame the race replay does not show turn one at the start, i will not be taking part in the last race as being a little jarred off that i have spent 7 days practicing and then taken out on the first corner, and its not the first time. good luck guys have fun

Alan I have the full replay plus some. Alan, don't let something silly like this keep you from racing, finishing the series, or joining other club events here. If you would have stayed in the race you would have ended up mid-field anyway. There were others that had to be towed as well. There was more than just one inc going into T1 and it was just luck that the other inc pushed everyone involved right into where pedro landed. Bad luck is all that it was. However after reviewing the replay everyone did get pushed to the outside exiting T1 and from the looks of it you were the only one to slow down that much. Everyone but a few cars got pushed way to the outside while a few stuck to the inside of the inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies