RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to get Dirt Rally in the steam sale, as a complete noob, what car would you recommend me for learning the courses?
Hoping to join the new championship :x3:

About to get Dirt Rally in the steam sale, as a complete noob, what car would you recommend me for learning the courses?
The Fulvia is a good starting car. Then up to you from there whether you go RWD, 4WD (or continue with FWD). Personally when you're ready to upgrade I'd either go to something like the Opel Kadett for RWD or either R4 for 4WD.

Depending, you should start with the 60's just to get a bit used to it. If you know you'll go for a RWD car in the championship, you should start with the Alpine (if that's possible) just to not get used to a FWD.

EDIT: But if you think you'll go for a 4WD it doesn't matter what you start with :p

Last edited:
Two Pre-Season events have been set up on the RDRC-Leagues for all three platforms. It's two events spanning the Christmas time. It would be nice to see some drive on all platforms, as that gives the RDRC-Crew a nice chance to fine-tune the result-process as well :)

Can you do a new one? I just rolled couple of times :D I hate Greece..

Two Pre-Season events have been set up on the RDRC-Leagues for all three platforms. It's two events spanning the Christmas time. It would be nice to see some drive on all platforms, as that gives the RDRC-Crew a nice chance to fine-tune the result-process as well :)
Seasons Greetings and thank you for all your work so far on the series. I had a couple questions on teams that I can't seem to find a definitive answer to and there seems to be some confusion about. 1) Can teams consist of more then two drivers? (Rule book seems to say only two, but verbage about removing team members is confusing). 2) Can team drivers be in different manufacturers cars/different classes? Regards, Steve

Edit.. Just found answer to second question ie. different cars same class, but first question still stands.

Last edited:
Can you do a new one? I just rolled couple of times :D I hate Greece..

New one will start the 27th ;) You are not alone about disliking Greece!

Seasons Greetings and thank you for all your work so far on the series. I had a couple questions on teams that I can't seem to find a definitive answer to and there seems to be some confusion about. 1) Can teams consist of more then two drivers? (Rule book seems to say only two, but verbage about removing team members is confusing). 2) Can team drivers be in different manufacturers cars/different classes? Regards, Steve

Edit.. Just found answer to second question ie. different cars same class, but first question still stands.

1. A team is 2 drivers only. And unless the criteria in 6.3 is fulfilled, a team can not change drivers either.

2. Please do note the post is the "Directors Note" thread, that highlights some rule changes after the magazine was published - a team can now only consist of drivers from the same class, you may drive different cars inside that class.

Any more questions, just fire away! :)

Awesome :)
But Steam isnt working for me right now. Anyone else have the same problem? Hopefully so, because I hate troubleshooting pc errors that appear out of the fecking blue...

Steam looked like they had some massive issues earlier today, should work now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back