RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just check for round "0"

I was thinking of doing this race mainly as a one off, I don't have time available to attend every race this year but a two hour race is a nice challenge and I've done about 45 minutes of running in the Lola P2.

Do I still complete a team submission form and just participate in round zero? The season guidelines are strict for round one onwards (and I understand that totally) but round zero is slightly more vague as it states that anyone can take part to see if they want to attend the full season ahead.

Can you confirm the details please?

Thanks again.

Hi!
A question. The lead changed ousted the driver must exit the server or stay up? This tested and ousted the pilot automatically makes spectator mode.
Thank you for your answers! :)

That's a decision by Enduracers - the creators of the mod.

But it's part of the MOD, we used it last week at Daytona. I thought it was not included on the vmod for some reason, that's why I'm asking. It is a very driveable engine, something like the Nissan.

Hi guys. Me and my team are interested in joining the series. But one of our Drivers dont have the possibility to move his ankle. Therefore he need ABS, which isnt allowed here. Is there any chance to allow it, even it is just at low?

Can I just check for round "0"

I was thinking of doing this race mainly as a one off, I don't have time available to attend every race this year but a two hour race is a nice challenge and I've done about 45 minutes of running in the Lola P2.

Do I still complete a team submission form and just participate in round zero? The season guidelines are strict for round one onwards (and I understand that totally) but round zero is slightly more vague as it states that anyone can take part to see if they want to attend the full season ahead.

Can you confirm the details please?

Thanks again.
Participating in Round 0 only is perfectly fine. There's no need to complete the entry form and commit to the league at this point; you are only required to submit the form if you wish to register for the series itself, which starts with Round 1. The purpose of Round 0 is to allow the organisers to conduct tests that require a server full of drivers, as well as to give potential participants an idea of what to expect from the league; we really only want teams to sign up for the series if they can commit to participating in every round.

For the Round 0 event I would suggest simply turning up, and as long as you're a Premium Member then you can take part. :thumbsup: If there are too many entrants, however, we may have to favour confirmed and prospective teams over those who will not be entering the league - I hope that makes sense.

The Lola HPD v8 wasn't included for some reason? We are totally new with this MOD.
But it's part of the MOD, we used it last week at Daytona. I thought it was not included on the vmod for some reason, that's why I'm asking. It is a very driveable engine, something like the Nissan.
Apologies for any confusion Damian. For the RDLMS we have removed some of the available cars from the roster as they are old models. We took a pragmatic approach to restrict the number of choices, and decided to only make the latest / newest car model and engine manufacturer combinations available. Making every single model and design available seems somewhat excessive, not to mention that it would have been a nightmare to manage when creating the custom car packs. Therefore, only the following cars (model and engine combinations) may be selected:
Prototype
  • Alpine A450b Nissan
  • Gibson 015S Nissan
  • Ginetta Zytek 09S Nissan
  • Ligier JS P2 HPD
  • Ligier JS P2 Judd
  • Ligier JS P2 Nissan
  • Lola B08/80 Judd
  • Lola B09/86 Mazda
  • Lola B11/83 HPD V6
  • Oreca 03 Judd BMW
  • Oreca 03 Nissan
  • Zytek Z11SN Nissan
Grand Touring
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage
  • BMW M3 E92
  • Corvette C6.R 2012
  • Ferrari F430 GT
  • Flat6 (Porsche) RSR
See here for more information.

I'm sorry if this seems too restricted, but we had to be sensible and consider the administrative burden (compared to the potential benefit) of making every car model, engine and design combination available. I hope this makes sense. :)

Hi!
A question. The lead changed ousted the driver must exit the server or stay up? This tested and ousted the pilot automatically makes spectator mode.
Thank you for your answers! :)
Apologies if I have misunderstood your question Varga, as it is very difficult to understand, nevertheless I shall attempt to answer it - I think I get the idea! ;)

Once you have performed a driver swap, the driver who has exited the car will become a spectator, and must leave the server. Players joining the server, once the race is underway, must do so as a spectator (assuming your car is still on track / you did not suffer a disconnect) only up to 5 minutes before the driver swap is performed.

(If you have disconnected from the server then only the driver who was previously in the car may reconnect - they must ensure that spectator mode is turned off at this point.)

I hope that makes sense. :)

Any way of not showing the AI, its silly to show AI times:(

Also why have you got server set that you have to come to a full stop before you pit, thats a ridiculous Assetto Corsa Pain in the A$$ thing:)
All of this shall be resolved in due course. Please be patient. :whistling:

Unfortunately I have spent most of this evening responding to questions and messages, so I have not been able to make the necessary updates and changes to the server quite as soon as I had hoped. I shall try my best to sort this out tomorrow morning.

Any news for the plugin?
The plugin is server-side only, and because of the way in which the software works it needs to be "monitored" once enabled, else it could potentially wreak havoc on the in-game weather. :roflmao: My plan is to run and test the plugin during a short test race on Friday evening, before the Round 0 event on Saturday. :thumbsup: Feel free to join us.

Hi, I am looking for a GT seat. Preferable the Ferrari :).
My pace is decent, and I am currently also driving in the RD Presto league.

EDIT: Already found a team, cheers

Last edited:
One more question, will there be a stream of the races?
Yes, there will a live broadcast and commentary for all races (including Round 0). The stream link shall be provided on the day of the race, and you will be able watch full coverage of every event here at RaceDepartment. You can also view progress and live timing here. :)

Last edited:
Apologies if I have misunderstood your question Varga, as it is very difficult to understand, nevertheless I shall attempt to answer it - I think I get the idea! ;)

Once you have performed a driver swap, the driver who has exited the car will become a spectator, and must leave the server. Players joining the server, once the race is underway, must do so as a spectator (assuming your car is still on track / you did not suffer a disconnect) only up to 5 minutes before the driver swap is performed.

(If you have disconnected from the server then only the driver who was previously in the car may reconnect - they must ensure that spectator mode is turned off at this point.)

I hope that makes sense. :)
Thank you your answer!:)

Any way of not showing the AI, its silly to show AI times:(

Also why have you got server set that you have to come to a full stop before you pit, thats a ridiculous Assetto Corsa Pain in the A$$ thing:)
The live timing screens have now been amended, and should no longer display any AI drivers or times. However, there has unfortunately been very minor data loss incurred, for which I apologise; I dropped and reinitialised the database for the application, before re-importing the rFactor 2 XML files containing session results, and these appear to be missing some data (not sure why - it's potentially a bug). Therefore not all of the (latest) fastest laps set up to this point may be displayed, but now that the live timing software is running it should not be an issue.

I have also updated the server configuration to allow drivers to return to the pits (by pressing 'Esc') without first having to come to a complete stop. Could you (or anyone for that matter) please verify that this is working - I'm not currently near a PC with access to rF2, therefore I am unable to test this myself.

still Clio unfortunately.
I have realised the mistake that I made the other day, when trying to set the RD Nissan 370z pace car as the safety car at the end of the pit lane. :laugh: I had already made the necessary correction on Monday evening, but did not get the chance to apply it until this morning due to work and the fact that there are always drivers on the server. :whistling: Would you (or anyone else for that matter) be able to confirm whether or not the correct car is now visible, in place of the irritating, yellow Clio? Apologies for the horrendous looking skin, assuming you can see the car... we shall get this sorted in time for Round 1. :D

The live timing screens have now been amended, and should no longer display any AI drivers or times. However, there has unfortunately been very minor data loss incurred, for which I apologise; I dropped and reinitialised the database for the application, before re-importing the rFactor 2 XML files containing session results, and these appear to be missing some data (not sure why - it's potentially a bug). Therefore not all of the (latest) fastest laps set up to this point may be displayed, but now that the live timing software is running it should not be an issue.

I have also updated the server configuration to allow drivers to return to the pits (by pressing 'Esc') without first having to come to a complete stop. Could you (or anyone for that matter) please verify that this is working - I'm not currently near a PC with access to rF2, therefore I am unable to test this myself.
Working fine, thanks

My fastest time has been deleted :(
Yes, I noticed. My apologies, but unfortunately there is not much I can do about this as the lap time was not written to the rF2 result XML file on the server. To remove all of the AI data it was easier and quicker to reset the database rather than attempt to find and delete individual records. As there are no plans to repeat the data reset this will not happen again.

I'll see what I can do about recovering lost lap times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back