RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is getting clearer with each of your answers, but it still raises questions, sorry to be a pain… :)
It is clearly stated we cannot have duplicate cars as soon as official practice starts. Can we swap drivers in practice? And then we must have the same driver keeping the car from the end of practice, through quali and warm up, and doing the start and first stint, right?
HAHA, I'm glad that my answers are helping, and not causing (too much) more confusion (which can occasionally be the case)... :p

That is correct, only one car from each team will be allowed on the server once the official practice session commences. I would say that driver swapping will be permitted during this session, and whoever is in the car as we progress to qualifying will / must remain on the server until the end of their stint (which, as you say, shall also include the warm-up session as well as the start of the race).

I hope that helps. :D

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

There have been several rule clarifications and updates today after we received a number of questions over the past few days specifically regarding qualifying and the start of the race. These updates include the following:
  • Only one car from each team will be allowed on the server once the official practice session commences. Driver swapping will be permitted during this session. The driver in the car at the end of the practice session must remain on the server for qualifying, warm-up and the start of the race.
  • Driver swaps will NOT be permitted during the qualifying or warm-up sessions.
  • Only one driver for each car is permitted to be on the server during the qualifying session.
The rules (in the General Information thread) have been updated accordingly, where necessary.

In addition to this, I have been made aware of a mistake with a couple of the templates files for the Oreca - specifically, the names of the EXTRABODY files are incorrect in the 2012-13 and 2014 directories. The #EXTRABODY_12_13 and #EXTRABODY_14 file names (depending on the directory you are in) should simply be #EXTRABODY - remove everything after and including the first underscore, and replace # with your car number. The #EXTRABODY2 file name is already correct, once again replacing # with your car number, as per the skinning instructions. Apologies for any confusion.

To anyone working on a Ligier skin and experiencing issues concerning the car being overly reflective: that is due to the lack of an alpha layer in the template (which is the also the case with the default Enduracers template). Just add the alpha layer to all the files (you can use the grey color in other non-faulty templates) and the problem should be solved.

I can't join the server right now. It freezes as soon as the track finishes loading :O_o: Any idea why this might suddenly be happening? I see there are currently 9 AI drivers on track.

Can the top tier cars start to allow for the gt cars a bit more? My team mate and I were on long runs last night and it got ruined by the class 1 cars attempting ridiculous overtakes and spinning out in our paths. This is a practice server, so if hot lapping is your plan wait for a gap or do it when gt are not present. I have driven faster cars in other events and I never did this I would pass on the straights. When your looking after tyres it's no fun to have massive lock ups to avoid cars diving into apex when there no room and then been blamed for it.

I can't join the server right now. It freezes as soon as the track finishes loading :O_o: Any idea why this might suddenly be happening? I see there are currently 9 AI drivers on track.
Apologies for the issues David. Just to check, have you previously managed to successfully access the server?

I have been testing the live timing software, and it's possible that this might have been interfering. I have just restarted the server; would you mind trying to log-in to the server again please?

If this doesn't work then I would suggest re-installing all of the mods - preferably let rFactor 2 handle this for you, by letting it download and install the components (via GetMod) when you enter the server. (There does seem to be an issue with the safety car, when adding AI, which causes the issue I have described - I noticed this myself whilst adding and removing AI cars from the server to test the live timing software.)

Please let me know if the problem persists.

(Sorry, I wrote this response about 4 hours ago, but I forgot to click on the 'Post Reply' button... :unsure:)

Last edited:
To anyone working on a Ligier skin and experiencing issues concerning the car being overly reflective: that is due to the lack of an alpha layer in the template (which is the also the case with the default Enduracers template). Just add the alpha layer to all the files (you can use the grey color in other non-faulty templates) and the problem should be solved.

Got an answer from @klo-che about the alpha channel:
In our car templates, you will find a folder named "alpha" that helps you build the alpha channel.

Practical:
Once you've create a black/white alpha layer:
- You just copy past this layer to the alpha channel. (Alpha color channel)

Before saving as .dds (DXT5 with all mip map)
- Hide the alpha layer. (Not the channel)

- Black alpha is non reflective
- White alpha is full reflective (chroom like)
- Grey is in between.

Note: A photoshop layer is not the same as a color channel. ;)

I hope this helps. :)

Have fun and be creative. :inlove:

Can the top tier cars start to allow for the gt cars a bit more? My team mate and I were on long runs last night and it got ruined by the class 1 cars attempting ridiculous overtakes and spinning out in our paths. This is a practice server, so if hot lapping is your plan wait for a gap or do it when gt are not present. I have driven faster cars in other events and I never did this I would pass on the straights. When your looking after tyres it's no fun to have massive lock ups to avoid cars diving into apex when there no room and then been blamed for it.

Hi Mark

Fair points, I was on the server with you at the time, but am not aware of causing you any incidents, I think the only time I took you on a turn was once into turn 8.

I will play devil's advocate slightly however, (I didn't see you do this but have seen it in other races, so just general point to GT and P2). The faster car is allowed to make an overtake heading into a turn, it needs to be treated like any other normal overtake and the GT as well as the P2 have to give racing room, not just turn in since it's a faster car so they can wait for the straights. Just my thoughts anyway. (As mentioned you gave racing room in t8 so thank you)

Preseason will help both P2 and GT get some experience under their belts, but there will be incidents throughout the season unfortunately but that's multiclass, I'm sure everyone will be giving it their all, so hopefully we will have some great clean racing.

All the best, have a great race!

Last edited:
Hi Mark

Fair points, I was on the server with you at the time, but am not aware of causing you any incidents, I think the only time I took you on a turn was once into turn 8.

I will play devil's advocate slightly however, (I didn't see you do this but have seen it in other races, so just general point to GT and P2). The faster car is allowed to make an overtake heading into a turn, it needs to be treated like any other normal overtake and the GT as well as the P2 have to give racing room, not just turn in since it's a faster car so they can wait for the straights. Just my thoughts anyway. (As mentioned you gave racing room in t8 so thank you)

Preseason will help both P2 and GT get some experience under their belts, but there will be incidents throughout the season unfortunately but that's multiclass, I'm sure everyone will be giving it their all, so hopefully we will have some great clean racing.

No problem mate it wasn't you. If I see a faster car I do pull off the racing line. However in last night instances I couldn't do that because it would have ruined the run. It takes roughly an hour to complete. I'm just trying to make it a fun experience for all really.
I will take on board the info about the faster car regarding the corner entry.
Cheers see you on track.

Everyone has their own interpretations of what should and what should not be done on track. In the end the only thing that stands are the rules.

I would recommend driving your own lines as much as possible, not making any special moves. The key words are predictable and safe. Whenever you are going to lap some or get lapped, try to make sure it's absolutely clear what you are going to do. Move out of a slipstream early, flash your lights if you're planning an overtake or if you're counting on someone to pass you. Don't do the dive bombs or slow-downs at high speed.

General rule of thumb I have kept driving a GT car is to try to avoid going through a corner side by side. "This guy is probably going to out-break me here": leave room and slot in behind him as I turn in. "This guy might think about sticking his nose in": close the door early. You want to avoid miscommunication. Doubt is a killer. You act or you don't. No half-heartedness.

As for overtaking preferences: straights (pure speed) > exits (undercuts) > entries (out-braking) > mid-corner shenanigans (dive in gaps). Avoid the latter one if you can.

@Daiman Patel I deleted the mod and re-downloaded it through rF2. But by this time the AI had been removed from the server and I could join no probs.

However there is a weird bug occurring (offline) with the mod related to the pace car. It's kinda hard to explain though.
If I set my opponent filter to include RDLMS, RDLMS GT and RDLMS Prototype, I have no problems at all.

However if I also include RDLMS RC in the filter, then when loading the track I get the following error message:
Mesh 370z_wiper: Bone BONE03 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM
The error reoccurs for every pace car that is loaded (i.e. if I select 4 opponents and only select RDLMS RC it should load 4 pace cars, and I'll get this error 4 times). The track will load, but as soon as I switch my view to another car with the keypad + or - keys the game crashes to desktop.

Note that the error only occurs if I enter the session in a P2 or GT car. If I select the pace car myself, it loads everything without any errors!

I'm assuming this had something to do with why I couldn't join the server last night.

Hi Mark

It was more about one guy who was constantly overtaking in turns and then spinning off up ahead, coming back on track...repeat, repeat etc. He wasn't on long runs,he didn't leave gaps for hotlaps and he only abandoned his fast laps after spinning+rejoining twice as a minimum. Just seemed a lack if consideration or intelligence. Who knows.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back