RD Le Mans Series Season 6 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, first i´ve to apologise to these guys i´ve involved in a accident on the straight to eau roge.
After someone does a move which was not very nice.
I´ve tryed to spin arround but it doesn´t work, caused by the broken suspension and suddently i was in the middle of the racingline....
i´m very sad that i ´ve involved other Teams and i hope you accept my apologise.

Try to give detailed feedback to @Stefan Woudenberg so that he can improve the car :thumbsup:

Well, we are doing some works and testing on moddev. Currently the car is too aero dependant, and it have low grip on the tires, that combination makes you get few feedback at low speed and its too easy to spin.

If the tires have more grip, you can get off aero downforce and drag. That should make the car get more final speed, longer braking and better low speed grip.

It's a different balance than the current one. Actually we are all ending at the same car setup because the physics doesn't allow to use less aero.

Hi Guys, first i´ve to apologise to these guys i´ve involved in a accident on the straight to eau roge.
I´ve tryed to spin arround but it doesn´t work, caused by the broken suspension and suddently i was in the middle of the racingline....
i´m very sad that i ´ve involved other Teams and i hope you accept my apologise.

Jep that was us,who you had contact with after that inccident, when you were stationary at the racing line. i heard some cursing over the teamspeak when it happend. I am shure Davy will accpect them

For us race strated of with hardware issues.
Seems overnight someone delete my wheel drivers...Who was it :D
Reinstalling seemed to fix the issue
Well luckuly i was able to join in time for the race start. But it was from out of the pitlane.

Race stint 1 en 2 were pretty steady, i saw was making some progress. But when i dicided to changes setting in the motec for pitstop, i saw that i could go down up or change anything in the menu, so driverswap was a no go for shure. So there was the first disconnect

So when dave finally went out of the pits for his first stint, everything seemed fine till the end of the straight after raddion no brake pedal.... Reconnect again...

After that penalty we were going again, but then i hear the cursing so we know what then happend. Car was dead after contact with Daniel so there we went again

So 3 disconnects is pretty shame that it went so bad, but still had some good afternoon racing in traffic.

Hopefully we can comeback next season with a stonger preformance
Tx to all

Very bad race for us , started with my steering wheel and brake pedal :( . Losing so much in only one race :( .....na ja .
Congratulation to winner and to all of us what was bring the car at the finish line
A BIG CONGRATULATION TO THE STAFF !!!!
See you all on next big championship ( i hope will be another one ):)

Thanks for the race. I don´t want to see the consistency statistics for this race :D

Quite booring race. Slowest on the grid both in porsche and Ferrari so nobody to race with and then these cars get booring quick. Just can´t get to grips with the URD mod at all. every EGT driver pass me like I am stationary exactly everywhere even the GT2 appear to have more corner grip lol.

well...

for us it has been a bad day...
First off we miss some practice time in the 2 last weeks... so we were not ready like we would have hoped...

Then we had a small issue with the setup, it was not the good one at the beginning.
We tried to adjust with a change in the rearwing during a pitstop, but it was worse.

So we decided to ESC and wait for the penalty.

after it was better.
after the restart we were second in GTC. but some small mistake broke the car completely... si we decided to retire.

but serioulsy... the track is not so good... I don't really care about the authenticity of the real track like we talked at the begining of the event... BUT the big GREEN carpets just outside of the crubs, that have less grip then wet grass, are really really bad... you put an inch of the wheel on it and you loose all your grip and you are done... especially on the fastest turn in the world.
At the exit of turns when you put the power down, if you are on the stupid green thing you spin and crash.
That's what end our race...

anyway, great series, hope we have something like that again, with more ISI GTs now

see you later :)

The most difficult thing in racing is to race with a certain mindset that you have to finish in a certain spot to take the cup home. In the first hour we had to face a penalty which we received from Sebring so that came as a big surprise of course. After this it was hard working to get back in our position we needed to be in. Then of course the red flag situation when leading the race, i think this was the deal breaker today since we didn't changed our setup. And looking at the incredible pace of MC in their final stint I am pretty sure they did some alterations to the car.:D 2.04.1xx on full fuel,.......:ninja:

Great season, great racing, great staff ,.... and where we really complaining about this track??? I would drive it any day.;) Of course thanks to the whole TXL team for allowing me to race with them, it was a great experience and I don't see any other reason to not join them for the new endurance championship,.. whenever that's is going to happen of course.

Signing off to get some Champaign and partyyyyyyyy :sneaky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLK8yiwqP3o

Hi Daniel, that was me driving car #120. I really apologise about what happened.
I have published my replay on YouTube, and you will find it here below.
Before that, I can only say that:
  • I am sorry about what happened :-(
  • I was totally taken by surprise, because I felt a big jolt in my wheel but I had no idea what it was. In fact, I hadn't seen your car all along
  • Because of the fact I hadn't seen you, I didn't even change my line. That is the same line I've done every lap.

I was told to give feedback here on what I think what should happen with the Live Timing crash.
I was told (or at least I think I was told, correct me if I'm wrong) that if there would be a situation like a server crash or live timing crash there would be a SC like there would be in real life. That means picking the 1st car up and everyone has to slow down behind them (I think :p)
That would mean there's no reason to put us a lap back what happened, and I think we should stick to the real life situation as it's a simulator and it is what we were told

Hi Daniel, that was me driving car #120. I really apologise about what happened.
I have published my replay on YouTube, and you will find it here below.
Before that, I can only say that:
  • I am sorry about what happened :-(
  • I was totally taken by surprise, because I felt a big jolt in my wheel but I had no idea what it was. In fact, I hadn't seen your car all along
  • Because of the fact I hadn't seen you, I didn't even change my line. That is the same line I've done every lap.
It looks like both Daniel and yourself were in each others blind spot. The pit wall really did not help the situation.

An unusual and unlucky racing incident :)

Also I just want to say a massive thank you to all the staff, teams and drivers who made this league really good. This was my first league and it was a brilliant experience. I will definetly be back next year :-D!

Replay and provisional results
Replay: Download
Provisional results: Download

We will decide how we handle the red flag situation on Tuesday. If you have any remarks, please let us know in the event thread or file a protest via PM.

I was told to give feedback here on what I think what should happen with the Live Timing crash.
I was told (or at least I think I was told, correct me if I'm wrong) that if there would be a situation like a server crash or live timing crash there would be a SC like there would be in real life. That means picking the 1st car up and everyone has to slow down behind them (I think :p)
That would mean there's no reason to put us a lap back what happened, and I think we should stick to the real life situation as it's a simulator and it is what we were told

Then admin should not have told everybody that the times would be corrected after the race.:rolleyes:

The most difficult thing in racing is to race with a certain mindset that you have to finish in a certain spot to take the cup home. In the first hour we had to face a penalty which we received from Sebring so that came as a big surprise of course. After this it was hard working to get back in our position we needed to be in. Then of course the red flag situation when leading the race, i think this was the deal breaker today since we didn't changed our setup. And looking at the incredible pace of MC in their final stint I am pretty sure they did some alterations to the car.:D 2.04.1xx on full fuel,.......:ninja:

We also dont know why its a 2:04.1 in the race. In practive it was a second quicker :sneaky:

We said we would look into it after the race and we would look into a way of correcting / solving things :). I kept the answer completely open when you entered our channel.

I agree with Yuri that a pace car and a neutralizing of the race would have been better. We actually lost a lap to the leaders due to the red flag, gave away the fuel advantage we had and the shortening of the race made it more difficult to recover after the disconnect and penalty we had. And to add insult to injury, I couldn't do my second stint.

That said, I don't really see what you want to correct now. Any change to the race results would be random and unfair.

And last but not least, thanks for the very nice league, overall it was a great experience! :)

No "correcting" to the results after the race. Of course possible penalties should be applied but any advantage or disadvantage that the crash of the timing software caused in terms of time and/or strategy is a big no-no.

Not sure that's what's been discussed here though but that's what it sounds like to me. It could also be that you guys are talking about correction and such to the software so that it works better in the future :)

Big thanks to all the drivers and organisers! :) Been a fun little season!

I'm speaking both for me and my mate @Nicolò Fabbri . (FF Corse #133)

we really enjoyed this event, we still can't believe we finished 10th overall and 5th in GTE!!!

we had probles during qualyfing session, we started 5 minutes later and then we crashed against @Daniel Faber due to the mess he made.. so just one clean lap, started from the back of the grid, around 24th place. but we made a great fight trought the group to reach our final position!

we'd like to thank all the staff of RD that made this event possible and such well managed.

we just want to apologise with @Daiman Patel for that bump on the rear bumper, at the bus stop.. Nicolò was pushing hard to rejoin the group on front, he locked the brakes and that's it.. sorry about that!

we really look foward to the next endurance season! thanks everybody :thumbsup:

@Dennis Coufal , @Daiman Patel ,

@Ricardo Edelmann , @Frank van Oeveren , @Ole Marius Myrvold , @Tapio Rinneaho , @Frederic Schornstein , @David O'Reilly , @Marcel Offermans ,

and all who contributed...

:inlove::thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsup::notworthy::thumbsup::inlove:

graphics-thank-you-985640.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.2%