RD Le Mans Series Season 6 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Daiman Patel I'd like to have sdome help in gridding, I'm a novice in that :thumbsup: thanks!

I'm sorry to ask this again, but any idea about how to change my in-game name?

I was just about to reply to you. Dennis and I will be able to help you with gridding, to tell you which position you are in and where you need to park the car.

Meanwhile, you can find instructions on how to change your in-game name here.

RD Endurance League rFactor2.jpg

The Virtual Sports Car Championship is an endurance racing series inspired by the United Sports Car Championship (TUSCC). It features multi-class racing, with prototypes and GT cars.

It's race day, and the final round of the season! The standings are close, so be prepared for some fierce battling on track.

The live broadcast, with commentary, will begin at 1pm GMT - with full coverage of the 6 hour race at Spa Francorchamps; you can tune-in to the stream, and join in with the discussions.

Open the live stream player and watch the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps

Don't forget to check out the the full entry list with all the teams and drivers and keep track of the race thanks to the live timing and track map which shall be available during testing, qualifying and the race.

Info regarding restart procedure after a server crash
I hope we don't need this info, but just in case:

If the server crashes, Race Control will inform all teams on TS and in this post when the server is back online.
Once this is the case, all teams have 20 minutes to rejoin (else you need to start from pits).
When the 20 minute rejoin period is over, you have 10 minutes to move to your grid position (else you need to start from pits).

Do you guys manually end the qualy sessions or is that automatic. Cause in both sessions there were people who were definitely on their fastest lap. ( not angry just asking :D)

My race:

First of all, i don't know why the pace car going so slow in formation lap. My tires were at 30ºC (86ºF). In the first lap , Turn 12 and the car goes straight. I still do not understand. Enter the pits to repair (120 s).

And when I leave the pits , I lose power at home. I hope to be restored and re-enter the server. When i leave the pits again, the track is 100% wet. I take Eau Rougue and i lose control and break my car again.

This is enough for me, and the race is over.

Sorry for my partner and brother @Raul Horta.

My race:

First of all, i don't know why the pace car going so slow in formation lap. My tires were at 30ºC (86ºF). In the first lap , Turn 12 and the car goes straight. I still do not understand. Enter the pits to repair (120 s).

And when I leave the pits , I lose power at home. I hope to be restored and re-enter the server. When i leave the pits again, the track is 100% wet. I take Eau Rougue and i lose control and break my car again.

This is enough for me, and the race is over.

Sorry for my partner and brother @Raul Horta.

The pace car go slow, because at the end of the grid its still really fast for a pace lap.

Do you guys manually end the qualy sessions or is that automatic. Cause in both sessions there were people who were definitely on their fastest lap. ( not angry just asking :D)
The server switches automatically once the time has run out (can sometimes take ~30s) :)

Last edited:
I would like to apologise for that stuff up in the formation lap. I had a lag stutter and then Pablo disappeared off my screen as i was accelerating. He reappeared right in front of me and i made contact with him, thankfully he like me must not of had that much damage cause once the race started we had some good racing but for me every once and a while his car would completely disappear and then come back after a couple of seconds. Team comet you guys were doing amazing it is a shame you had problems later. Once again sorry about the collision guys. :(:(

Thanks for your words James, it looks like Pablo had some connection problem. He was on second place on his second stint when he lost connection with the server.

We lost him on the live timing so I joined the race, but then we received a penalty of 7 minutes for made a rejoin. We already lost three laps with the reconnection so there was no point to drive 6 laps down while our target was to fight for the fourth place in the championship.

We accept the rules, but we don't understand whats the point to get a penalty if you already loss at least two laps with a disconnection.

We had problems with disconnection at every race, it's strange because we race all around the world without problems. It looks it's something with rf2.

Last edited:
That's a bit questionable with the penalty since the Rejoin Plugin normally should start with counting the penalty in the moment a team had left the server. So if you get 7min penalty and are 7min off the server, it should be possible to restart your race immediately.

Looks like this option (was not implemented at the beginning of the plugin) still has some bugs, so it would be nice to inform Marcel Offermans with the detailed information you can get.

When Dennis send me the log files to create the race report, I will take a look at it.

Thanks for your words James, it looks like Pablo had some connection problem. He was on second place on his second stint when he lost connection with the server.

We lost him on the live timing so I joined the race, but then we received a penality of 7 minutes for made a rejoin. We already lost three laps with the reconnection so there was no point to drive 6 laps down while our target was to fight for the fourth place in the championship.

We accept the rules, but we don't understand whats the point to get a penality if you already loss at least two laps with a disconnection.

We had problems with disconnection at every race, it's strange because we race all around the world without problems. It looks it's something with rf2.
I have similar sort of problems with living in Australia, i tend to have these stutters atleast once a race but it was unfortunate that it was combined with the car disappearing .

I dont understand that the time penalty is applied to a disconnection cause as you said you are already at a loss and the time penalty just takes even more away. It is a hit when you are already down and just sucks really.

Hopefully there is more great racing in the future, with no disconnections :)

Thanks for the explanation James. Southamerican internet connections pose a big disadvantage in our efforts sadly. We're hampered by discos, power outages, slow hardware, etc... :(, but we're happy that we were able to run at your pace at the end at least...., hope we can race again in the future.

Ye, we in the broadcast booth really liked the effort today, it looked really good, sad that it ended like it did.

Thank you James. It was such a frustrating situation that disco.
At the formation i was mad at you because you punted me, but taking into account your post.. theres no problem!, luckily I had some minor damage that did not affect my speed (i think).
We were right there in the front, we had high hopes on this one.
But with the disco, being 3 laps down, and then having 7 more minutes, was what made us retire, there was no point on keeping on racing.

This league is very good, such greatly organised, fast drivers, but its a pitty that p1 car is kinda weird on slow speed (something with the tyres, grip, slip angles, etc).
Thanks to the administrators who work hard to make this happen.
Hope to see you on track again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 102 55.4%