RD Le Mans Series Season 5 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*repost from RD Facebook*
So, finally heading home after a fruitful meeting at Bahrain where we spoke with the local organization.

We took this picture from the private helicopter (whoohoo) that took us to the airport. We are going to miss the air-conditioned RaceDepartment tent but we shall return!!! ‪#‎V‬-WEC
1096943_10151565319306659_2010111266_o.jpg

I can only guess announcements will be made soon.

VWEC 2013 announced!

The first league information is now available in the General Information thread. It contains the the calendar, the car park and the first set of rules and instructions, amongst which are the instructions for signing up. Time to get those reading glasses!

Sign-up procedure

For the next five weeks the sign ups are open for all interested teams to apply for a license and enter a car (or two) into the series. Anyone that applies has a chance of getting a spot on the grid, regardless of whether you sign up today or five weeks from now.

When September comes we will start giving out licenses to teams we think are suitable for the series. The last few spots will be given away after the sign-up window for Sepang closes. That is after September 13, 2013.

Note that we have included to option of sharing some of your team's history with us in the sign-up form. This is especially important for teams that are new to us or RaceDepartment and prefer to be in the faster classes. Convince us. ;)

Since we have "only" 40 spots on the grid, some teams will be invited to be reserve teams. These teams are still requested to make the necessary preparations, including providing a skin, so we can call on them without having to go through much last-minute work.

Applications will still be considered after September 13, 2013, but they will be considered for the 8 Hours of Bahrein - not for Sepang.

We're looking forward to your application.

Whoop! nice info :)
count us in
The Rare Endurance Team will be there :)
And you are damn quick to sign up! I had barely clicked the "publish" button when I found your sign-up form in my inbox! ;)

Thank god something has been announced. I was starting to consider life outside sim racing as all of the active leagues I'm in are about to come to an end. Thank F*** RD have saved me from dealing with real world issues for another few months :thumbsup:
You are welcome, Jimi. May you be saved from the real world's harm!

I am a bit disappointed with the tracks (my opinion).
First of Silverstone was announced and I was really excited, because in WEC Spa and also Sebring are used, but Bahrain and Sepang don't get me going :(
Silverstone would have been a great circuit to use. However, there were a few issues the internal VWEC modders had encountered during testing which had deemed it unfit to use in this series. These circuits were selected after countless hours of testing behind the scenes in the last couple of months by the staff working on this series. They had given a lot of thought to the calender, and had tried many things in order to see if they could get Silverstone (just one example), to work. There is a high standard that needs to be met in terms of content for this series. :) At the moment, with the current legal content, this selection is the best possible selection for this series.

Silverstone would have been a great circuit to use. However, there were a few issues the internal VWEC modders had encountered during testing which had deemed it unfit to use in this series. These circuits were selected after countless hours of testing behind the scenes in the last couple of months by the staff working on this series. They had given a lot of thought to the calender, and had tried many things in order to see if they could get Silverstone (just one example), to work. There is a high standard that needs to be met in terms of content for this series. :) At the moment, with the current legal content, this selection is the best possible selection for this series.
Thank you for the detailed explenation. What a shame, that parts of ISI's official content can't match the required standards. Could you tell us which issues occured during driving on Silverstone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes