RD Le Mans Series Season 5 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We discussed the option of ABS and checked with several regulations and new releases. Our conclusion was that ABS is not uniformly used in GT racing. Considering the challenge to tyres, we've decided to not implement ABS and go with TC only.

The templates are already nearly done, but our team consists of busy guys. Don't worry, you'll get them well in time. ;)

Dont quite agree with the use of TC. The argument that they use in real life is correct but in simracing is way funnier to drive without it. And it makes unfair to people who dont use it. But we respect RD rules and we accept them.

One question, how will the "ESC" function work? Everybody can press escape all the time in P,Q and W? Dont know if this have an answer somewhere, i read many stuff in last days to keep my team informed but couldnt find it.

Cheers.

Nothing is stated about that, because we don't have any rules on it. Everyone can use ESC all the time. During the race it will results in time penalties. During the other sessions it will not. We do expect you to make sure you are not obstructing other drivers when pressing ESC.

Someone mentioned something about using rules for ESC during qualy, but quite frankly, we forgot to discuss that. Maybe we will implement rules on this later.

Does ISI know about this? Insane that one of the world's most important GT tracks cannot field a 40-strong grid because of pit box allocation. Email support@rfactor.net and the devs there will hopefully sort it for the next version of the track. BTW, that email address is the one to use of bug reports / issues.
They created the track. I'm quite sure they know how many boxes they put in there. More than being a GT track it is of course an F1 track.

As a community owner i can say that garage spots, pit spots and grid spots were one of big fails in rfactor 1 tracks and/or mods. Every championship we needed to tweak a bit to allow more than 30/35 guys. It was not that hard but some tracks (kyalami old layout for example) simply have no empty space to put 1 more car. Probably the same with RF2 Silverstone.
Something that shouldnt be a problem in rf2. Specialy in oficial tracks like Silverstone....it even have real endurance races there... :O_o:
And pit stop issues having same spot to diferent teams had been a problem too. We changed several pitgroups along this years but this type of problems shouldnt be an issue in 2013. It shouldnt be so hard to program a simple lines to avoid this.
We dont know how this is working on RF2 cause most of fun races we make dont have 30 or more guys but time will tell how it is.....
Anyway, all people should understand that we are in same stage as we were with rf1 in 2006..... In couple of months things will be better for sure. RF2 is the future for who wants simulation...others are something else...

How many drivers I can register in a team?

And another question, in our team-group we have 10 drivers and we want create three teams, one to each category. (GT1, GT2 and GT4). Can I registrer all my 10 drivers in the each one of three teams, and change the pilotos in each event? For eample ones of my driver can competive the first race in GT2, the second in GT1 and the last in GT4.

I don´t know if I explain very well becouse English isn´t my primary language.

Hello Julio,

The answers you are looking for are in this post.

To clarify. One team owner can enter a maximum of two teams. So, two classes. The amount of drivers you enter in a team is up to you, as long as it are at least two.

Note that when you apply for a license you do not need to know how many drivers will enter and who they are. We will ask you for this later.

Hello Julio,

The answers you are looking for are in this post.

To clarify. One team owner can enter a maximum of two teams. So, two classes. The amount of drivers you enter in a team is up to you, as long as it are at least two.

Note that when you apply for a license you do not need to know how many drivers will enter and who they are. We will ask you for this later.

Ok, but sorry but I´m not sure if I understand correctly. So I write a example:

I am a team ownwer and I create two teams, one in GT1 and another in GT2. And I can drive the first race (Sepang) in GT1 Class and the second and third race (Bahrain and Losail) in GT2 class?

Thanks so much for your patiente!

So if I understand you correctly, you want 1 driver to drive multiple classes over the events?

As long as the driver does not switch between classes in a single event, that should be possible I think, unless the software has an issue with that. @Marcel Offermans should be able to confirm that :).

/Jeremy Clarkson mode : "I went on the internet and I found this!" =>

6Aj6NJcU9piM8xHknDIfXQVMk7Lj7n-R2rB5V1Vg6Em8hM_tpqCgmqyay5zs4DTmo98=h900

It would be awesome if the Live Track View could look as awesome as this :D

What is this?

This is the thread for the first pre-season test event of V-WEC 2013. In this test we check the features of rFactor 2 that will be used in V-WEC as well as test settings and capacity. This test is intended for both the staff and all the teams and drivers. The more people join, the better the input and results will be.

Time & Date

September 7, 2013 @ 19:00 GMT
Qualification - 30 minutes (starts at 19:00 GMT!)
Warmup - 10 minutes
Race - 2 hours

Sepang

The Test

We will be testing a lot of elements of the rFactor 2 software. The test is also a good opportunity for V-WEC participants to test their own machines and the features of the game. We need as much people as possible to meet simulate the weight on the server.
Staff tests
  • Server settings
  • Server capacity
  • Weather
  • REAL ROAD
Teams & drivers test
  • Personal settings (graphics, sounds, etc.) - Any bug? Glitches?
  • PC capacity - Try running a steady profile of settings so your PC handles a large number of cars and graphical effects nicely.
  • Pit stops - Try pitting with several people simultaneously.
  • Driver swaps - join, swap and leave as often as you like or even can.
  • Collision, damage and repair - Break it! And find out what not to do later on. ;)
Links
Scoring page:
http://213.163.71.106:8080/track/scoring.html
on this page, click on a row to go to a newly designed in-car view

Track viewer:
http://213.163.71.106:8080/track/track2.html

Instructions & notes
  • Please get on TS if you can. This will allow us to provide instructions on the go and test more stuff with you. And of course it's more fun that way!
  • The track is a w.i.p. The start/finish line has been moved and some garage door will be missing.
  • The cars too are w.i.p. Of course the number of cars changes according to the size of the field.
  • Please report bugs in this thread. If they are of graphical nature, please show us your settings as well (screenshot or write-up).
  • The server will be set on REAL ROAD 'light rubber', just as the official server will be during the season.
  • An HDR profile by Tosch is available for the circuit.
  • Please note that the mod and track are exclusively for the use of V-WEC at RaceDepartment. We do not approve of further distribution without our written consent.

Downloads

The mod can be downloaded here
Put the file in the package folder of your rfactor2 install, and install via the mod manager.

Make sure you have the latest build (300) installed!

Please before you join check this page:http://213.163.71.106:8080/track/scoring.html
and pick a car which has not been choosen yet.
If you choose a same car than the other guy will be booted.

Start Procedure
  • When told, all cars leave the pits.
  • Make sure you open a browser on another computer, or have a team mate open it: http://213.163.71.106:8080/track/scoring.html
  • Click on the row of your car to open the team display.
  • Directly under POSITION you see a red number. This is the distance to your start position.
  • Slowly drive there, then park your car on the right side of the track.
  • The display should turn green if you're positioned correctly.
  • Turn off your engine.
  • Wait until we ask you to start your engine and start driving behind the pace car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play