RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody! Currently looking for a racing team.

- Experience - most of it in Race2Play. Currently running races on the Enduracers mod that range from 90 minutes to three(3) hours long.
- Skill level - above average (podium finishes most of the time).
- Don't have any problems running a complete season.
- Class preference - P1. Could try P2, but only if there isn't anything else available.

Thanks.

Got her running but now I wish I never raced the Ferrari. I just cant get the tires heated enough to do any serious laps no matter the set up. And the car spins out very easy. The P1 cars are the best performing however they perform (handling wise) as good as the FiA GT3 2010 Mod relases from APEX Modding. The GT1 and GT2 cars perform like street cars, to me anyway. The Spyker C8 on the other hand proved to be a better car IMO. I hope it will be allowed for the series. I mean it is in the MOD right? It's not in the 'Endrance' folder.

..The Spyker C8 on the other hand proved to be a better car IMO...

I think its odd that this car it not chosen more often by teams(or any in fact), personally its my favourite car in the GT2 class, it drives beautifully and has a great sound with good looks!
Why is the Porsche so popular? Is it really that much better than the other cars?

The Spyker handles beautifully but lacks a bit of power, any track that has long straights play into the hands of the Porsche and Ferrari but at tracks like Mosport the Spyker is a nice car to drive.

If there were not issues with licenses and permission to edit mods, it would be nice to give the Spyker a bit more power so that it could compete on all the tracks and it would add a bit more variety to the GT Field.

I agree with George I was getting passed quite often at Sebring VLM by the two black horses. At Toban 12hr I was doing quite well. I did a 30 lap race there and I qualified 14th / 20th and ended up 6th overall, 1 pit stop.

@Magnus, Yeah man I hear you on that. I was immediatley drawn to the Ferrari just because it's a Ferrari. I was hesitant to use the Spyker but man I was treated to some razor sharp handling usable torque curve to boot. The staright isn't that long at Toban which gave me an edge. I'm going to do some more testing this weekend at Laguna!!!

If there were not issues with licenses and permission to edit mods, it would be nice to give the Spyker a bit more power so that it could compete on all the tracks and it would add a bit more variety to the GT Field.

Hey it is 2011 and with any passing year there are upgrades to power and performance. Perhaps you can initiate a request to the Mod team and ask for an approved power boost?

Our main inquiry is as to whether or not you guys can get live timing functional, or if someone (maybe the broadcasters) can act as a relay for rFactorMonitor. We use live timing heavily when we race and it would be great shame to miss it again for a third season. In addition, I know this gets brought up all the time but if L2RES can be used to effect server rejoining, that would be terrific.

I understand that each car has its advantages/disadvantages but in my opinion I think the Spyker is underpowered and over a season cannot compete with the Porsche or Ferrari.

I am not saying its unrealistic, as I feel this mod is one of the best out for rFactor, I am only making the point from a league point of view, its always nicer to see lots of different models out on track at the same time.

The Spyker is a gorgeous car to drive. I used it in S1 at Rattlesnake Point before my team moved up to the P2 category - I loved it, nearly won the class with it, but it is DEFINATELY not as quick as the other too, and unfortunately that detracts from the racing.

I can't change the rear window!!!!! Please help me, I'm losing hair over this.

Here is my .VEH

// EnduRacers - Endurance Series
// EnduRacers © 2009
// v1.1

// The first section defines what maps to load for the new vehicle skinning
// technology. The first line defines a "prefix" to be used for all generic maps.
// Currently, generic maps are used for the livery, wing, driver, driver arms,
// driver helmet, and pit crew. The second line will replace the default livery
// with the new specified, for the track specified. The format is as follows:
//
// DefaultLivery="PREFIX" // PREFIX is the base texture map name, assumed to be BMP unless specified
// PitCrewLivery="PREFIX" // This is only needed if it differs from the default livery PREFIX
// TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX" // TRACK is the track name as defined in the event GDB
// TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX" // For example, "2004_Toban"
// TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX" // You can have an infinite # of these lines
//

DefaultLivery="SpykerC8_body.dds"
Extra0="EXTRA"
Extra1="WINDSCREEN"
Extra3="BACKWINDOW"
Extra5="BBS"

HDVehicle=ALMS06_SpykerC8.hdv
Graphics=LMS06_SpykerC8.gen
Spinner=ALMS06_SpykerC8_Spinner.gen
GenString=112 // 1:Top=Closed/Open, 2:AIRINTAKE=YES/NO, 3:TYRE=Michelin/Dunlop
Sounds=ALMS06_SpykerC8.sfx // Sounds=default.sfx
Cameras=ALMS06_SpykerC8.cam // Defaults to default.cfg in UserData directory
HeadPhysics=ES_GT_Headphysics.ini // Affects driver eyepoint only
Cockpit=ALMS06_SpykerC8_cockpitinfo.ini
Upgrades=ALMS06_SpykerC8_Upgrades.ini
//AIUpgradeClass=

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////////////////
Number=76
Team="LMS11 Falcon Motorsports"
PitGroup="Group03"
Driver="Isaac Chavira"
Description="#76 - Falcon Motorsports"
Engine="Audi V8"
Manufacturer="Dunlop"
Classes="LMS07 GT2 GT2_Spyker"

FullTeamName="Falcon Motorsports"
TeamFounded="August 13, 2011"
TeamHeadquarters="Seattle Washington, USA"
TeamStarts=n/a
TeamPoles=n/a
TeamWins=n/a
TeamWorldChampionships=n/a

Category="2007 Season,European Endurance Series 2007,GT2,Spyker C8"

Here is my test livery (the rear window should be pearl white and not orange!):

rfactor2011082320245460.png

Also how do I change the wheel color and brake disc/calipers? I want AP Racing to be part of my cars parts and I have an excellnt hi-res photo of the carbon discs and calipers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes