RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added the minimum number of driver swaps to the Schedule thread, I dont want to penalize smaller teams so I have not enforced a large number of stops for each race, as I can understand that many drivers enjoy doing upto 3 hours in a stint, therefore, the 6hr race only has one mandatory swap, the 8hr and 10hr races only have 2 mandatory swaps and 3 for Le Mans. Teams may perform as many swaps as they like if they want to allow a large number of drivers to do a stint during the race.

For driving aids, all TC Levels will be allowed with Auto Clutch. I am currently discussing with the other staff what other aids will be allowed.

We had an invitation system for the teams before S2 so teams from S1 didn't risk being sit out. Will the teams that participated in the past have a priority for the licenses?

Personally, having contested in the first two seasons, I don't like the idea of being out.

Lee, it is under discussion at the moment. It's likely that they will be allowed again this time around, I'll let you know when we have a definate answer on this :)

To put a little note to the discussion about driver swaps. One of the reasons for the elaborate procedure with mandatory swaps was put in place was to equalise the competition where it concerned battles between PC-sharing and non-PC-sharing teams. If a team does not swap by rFactor and another one does the former has an advantage over the latter, because that team can swap without having longer pitstops. By enforcing the mandatory pitstop rule, that unfair advantage was negated. The rule was not designed to limit strategic variety. To be honest I don't think it isn't that much of a strain. One swap in a six hour races seems desirable anyway, as do two swaps in an height hour race and three swaps in a twelve hour race.

Yes, they should wait every time they make a swap. Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing this beyond a minimum number of swaps, this element relies on trust, which I have never found to be an issue in the LMS

Are you sure about this Chris?

I find the text in the rules a bit confusing, first it says whenever (to me that is everytime but i can be wrong) but later in the text it says Additional manual swaps do not need to be performed.

So do they or dont they have to stop every time they perform a manual swap?

English is not my first language so maybe its me who interpreters the text wrong, either what im looking forward against the next season.

Mandatory Driver Swap
In each race every team has to perform a certain minimum number of driver swaps. During a driver swap one driver takes over the wheel from the other. In rFactor this means a spectator takes over control of the car from a driver during a pitstop, after which the roles switch. This procedure must take place at least one to three times depending on the event. The longer the race, the more driver swaps must be performed. Teams that do not perform enough driver swaps will be disqualified.

In case a team shares the same PC during the event they cannot perform the driver swap through rFactor, but will simply manually swap drivers. The staff cannot register such driver swaps. To counter this a special procedure is designed. It goes as follows:

Before the event the drivers sharing the PC create an rFactor driver profile that contain their names, e.g. Smith-Johnson-Bush or Smi-Joh-Bus or something similar.
Whenever the team performs a manual driver swap they move the car into the pit and stop at a designated spot at the end of the pitlane. There the car must stand still for at least 10 seconds before continuing the race. The team is allowed to combine this manual driver swap with a regular pitstop, first stopping for tyres and fuel and then moving to the designated spot for the swap.
After the race the team must notify the RDLMS staff about in which laps the driver swaps were performed. They have until 24 hours after the finish of the race to do this.

In case not enough manual driver swaps are performed by PC-sharing teams, or in case they do not report the laps of the driver swaps the team gets disqualified. Additional manual swaps do not need to be performed, even if actual swapping takes place, but it is of course allowed to go through the procedure more often than the amount of mandatory swaps indicate (like we would stop you...).

Apologies Eddie for the mistake, to clarify, teams who are pc sharring and performing manual driver swaps will only have to perform the manual driver swap routine for the minimum number of mandatory swaps specified in the schedule or race briefing thread.

This is to stop teams being penalised for sharing a pc as I know many drivers enjoy doing a 3hr stint, some even longer.......

I think it might be a good idea to create a rules thread for this series, so far a lot of the threads are a combination of new and old and I may have overlooked a few threads so there might be a little confusion.

I will work on that tonight.

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

For this series all participating members will download all the required content through simsync. I am hoping to have all the files up within the next week and sort out a practice server for drivers to test on.

Some shots of the previous season to get you in the mood.

fa5t9l.jpg zt9e80.jpg j0uo9x.jpg wbp37c.jpg 282dyd2.jpg 9hrgh3.jpg wgy0j.jpg 344r5nn.jpg

Download the full screenshotpacks below

[8 Hours of Daytona]
[6 Hours of Sebring]
[8 Hours of Fuji]
[12 Hours of Le Mans]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.