RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing this to battlefield 3 is not accurate, that is a licensed game made by a profit organisation.

Enduracers is neither of the above.

We have done as Enduracers asked and password protected the mod and no posted and public downloads to the mod and there is also a user account block on access.

The only issue that Enduracers had was the fact we didnt agree on one point, advertising. I wanted to advertise the league to simracers and enduracers said that would breach an agreement, I disagreed with this point as when I advertised the series I did not make any advertisement about the mod, just the series information about tracks, dates and plan.

That is why I did not agree with what they requested, I tried to work with them but the sticking point of them dictating what I can and cant post on my own site, facebook, youtube or twitter is not acceptable.

If I had made a post on Facebook saying, "New mod made by SRO, download here" then yes that would be morally wrong and cruel. That I have not done and will not do.

I only post in the sign up process that is a privately edited mod and cannot be shared with anyone outside of the community - as requested.

I am a fan of PMs and and settling disputes privately, its important to note that this thread is not Enduracers or RD against me, it all stems from one or two individuals posting crap that have personal issues with me.

I am only here to defend my actions and my name and my league, we as a group have done nothing wrong.

Comparing this to battlefield 3 is not accurate, that is a licensed game made by a profit organisation.

Enduracers is neither of the above.

So therefore you don't have to respect them.

I strongly disagree with that, because that means that people that works for free and deliver something for free have no rights about it and companies that charge for it and have a legal group, do have them.

But are just different perspectives about justice I guess.

So, what will we do with RDLMS then? ;)

Let's get one thing straight tho, George's approach on the LMS series saved it. Before he stepped in, it was a whole lot less organised and the driving was a lot poorer.
You can see that a lot of people agree with that, just by looking at the reactions after SRO-LMS race 1.
RD could have benefited from all his hard work, but they didn't.
And now with the decision to go and wait for rF2, will be another big mistake.

rF2's development takes a long loooong times. The estimated beta period was 6 months, which is in 2 weeks. And it only had 3 updates and is nowhere near completion. At this rate, it will be finished by the end of the year, or quite possibly, next year.
We then have to wait for proper mods to get released. With rF1, the first complete multiclass mods were only after a few years and are still being finetuned.

Like somebody else said, other places will take over the gap RD leaves behind, and once the other places are a good successor of RD, they won't be so eager to get back, as then RD had got to prove himself.

The claims against another season at RD can be proven by looking how it will go this complete season at SRO. I reckon the grids will stay this big, as people liked race 1 so much, they will be back for more, and more are even signing up for the reserve list.

There is still a long time until rFactor 2 is in a steady state to hold an endurance league + a good Endurance Mod being created. I'm not saying that S4 should be on rFactor 1 instead. Just that there should still be a few one-off endurance events on rFactor 1 until rF2 + a Mod is ready.

There could be real life events until RDLMS S4 starts, such as 6 Hours of Laguna Seca (ALMS), 6 Hours of Spa (WEC), 12 Hours of Sebring (WEC/ALMS), 24 Hours of Le Mans etc etc etc

There should still be some endurance racing on rFactor 1 to keep people interested, to give something to do and to allow teams to practice Endurance Racing for RDLMS S4 at RD.

Now people, lets cool down a bit again here, and keep it to the facts.

The LMS is moved to rfactor2. Thats the official season. Nothing more.
There can still be endurance events in rfactor1, and rfactor2. The only difference is that its more like season 1 RDLMS, so loose, seperate events, under the name World Endurance Series.

We want the RDLMS to uphold it's good name in racing. We strongly believe that rfactor1 no longer will do the name any good, and have far more faith in rfactor2. If that will "cost" us drivers, then so be it. When Season 4 is over, people will remember what RDLMS is all about, and it will be better then ever before, and people will return. After all, it's the quality that attracts the best and serious drivers.

For us, thats worth the wait. In the mean time, there will be plenty to keep you guys occupied. And as always, it's up to yourself to decide where you want to race and what kind of races.

Let's get one thing straight tho, George's approach on the LMS series saved it. Before he stepped in, it was a whole lot less organised and the driving was a lot poorer.

Disagree with that completely. It was pretty much the same teams and drivers involved, so please don't start trying to bad mouth the teams also.

RD could have benefited from all his hard work, but they didn't.

You are right, they could. But remember that George used RD to launch SRO.

FYI George - your mod IS NOT only for private use, as you are broadcasting the league and therefore, indirectly, making it publicly accessible.

However, I do agree that RD should not be waiting for rF2, as rF1 has proved time and time again that it remains an excellent platform to race on.

Disagree with that completely. It was pretty much the same teams and drivers involved, so please don't start trying to bad mouth the teams also.

You are right, they could. But remember that George used RD to launch SRO.

FYI George - your mod IS NOT only for private use, as you are broadcasting the league and therefore, indirectly, making it publicly accessible.

However, I do agree that RD should not be waiting for rF2, as rF1 has proved time and time again that it remains an excellent platform to race on.

What a complete tool.

SRO existed before I joined RD, stated this many times, please read and confirm this Chris. It was started Back in Feb 2011, I joined RD around July August I believe, told all the staff about it, wanted to move SRO into RD like TPS or FSR, move was initially rejected.

FYI Chris - It is a private mod as the competing drivers and teams must be licensed members and confirm by signing up that they are not allowed to share the mod. Just because the race is broadcast does not make it a publicly released mod, not too difficult to work that one out. In no way does that make it "indirectly accessible" as they would still have to sign up and be granted membership and then apply for a license.

Take F1 for example, its shown internationally, but you still need super license to drive in it.

This is yet again another example of crap being posted.

Yes, but F1 have agreements in place to allow licensed content to be broadcast. You, do not. Enduracers position on this has been well documented on our forums.

I agree you started it before you came to RD, but you had nowhere near as many people racing there before you joined RD.

Oh, and the comment about posting crap? Take a look in the mirror before you say things like that, because you sir, are one of the worst for it.

Ill quote Yoeri and will only warn the two of you above once...... Stop that discussion please. Continue it somewhere else.
I would appreciate it if the discussion around SRO's (il)legal use of the enduracers mod is moved to SRO's forum as it has absolutely nothing to do with whatever RD organises.

I respect you both for the efforts you put in RaceDepartment at the time and know you to be better than this. Don't force my hand into censorship, block and bans. The forum rules will be enforced if they must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back