RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bram Hengeveld

Could well be you know something I personally don't. But my concern is mainly with exactly what Simon and Denis have said. Mods take time to build and from what I've read not many modding teams in relation to endurance racing are WIP. I think it's hard to build a mod on a game that is currently changing around quite a bit so teams will wait untill the first stable release to really get into that side.

I beilive at this stage rF2 devlopment is behind schedule as well, which will push this deadline back. Maybe I'm wrong, - would love to be wrong - but thats the way I see it.

You mentioned RDLMS S1, would it be an idea to attempt doing something like that then with rF1 in the imediate future? Doing a series of standalone events that don't count for a series - you could either announce them all upfront or just do them like club events announcing them one at a time or something?

I like that you've got plans ready for rF2, and like where your going with it. I'm just worried we could well have a long period of no endurance racing fix! :p

I like that you've got plans ready for rF2, and like where your going with it. I'm just worried we could well have a long period of no endurance racing fix! :p

Actually we have a mini rF2 endurance already this saturday (2.5 hours) in the racing club.

If driver swaps work flawlessly in rF2 nothing should stop us to extend the limits from 2.5 to 25 hours or 250 :)

@Boy van de Laar Can you please explain why Enduracers is so vague about it's future platform all of a sudden? Is there a good reason not to continue with rFactor 2 and move away to for lets say Assetto Corsa or GTR3 or Project Cars or whatever other game?

I think it's hard to build a mod on a game that is currently changing around quite a bit so teams will wait until the first stable release to really get into that side.

I am pretty sure modding teams are already working on rFactor 2 mods during the beta, wasn't the beta period open exactly for this reason?

rFactor 2 would not survive if there are no mods on release day (or at least close after release) so its in the interest of both ISI and the community to start working on good stuff in the weeks/months that lie ahead.

I don't worry about this

I'd agree with both parties here (Bram/Yoeri vs. everyone else) and see both their views. Continue with rF1 and you risk loosing people near the end of the season. But wait until rF2 is released and you'll certainly loose some people for good. Leagues will be around o'plenty when rF2 eventually does go 1.0 and RD runs the risk of people forgetting about this place.

SRO has completely taken over from where RD left of with S3. Instead of fighting SRO, bring something they dont have: more single race events like the 24H Nurby which was a massive success. They're fairly easy to admin and give out huge PR potential.

Thats not the point and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I understand your point and this is not a response to you but a punctual comment.

If you want to act legal and respect developers and modders, offer something attractive at the same time is way harder that doing it with piracy, because then you have unlimited content.

It's possible to convert iRacing tracks to rFactor 2 at this time so we could, with little investment, come out with the best RDLMS league in rF2, but we just will never cross that line, persons come first, and people's work has to be respected.

At the same time, actions from 3rd persons affects us is many ways, as going against hardcore simracing developers and modders, will eventually lead to them stopping doing what they do and switching to other products/activities, which will affect us all as simracers in the future.

I agree in not making a war with any other community, that kind of things have to be solved in tribunals, and more important than that, everyone has to decide how moral he is and the methods he uses to achieve things in life.

But please don't consider what SRO does a continuation of RDLMS in any way because we are not pirates and never will.

Rather sad that some dont really have a clue about copyright laws and the legalities of sim racing leagues and modding communities.

Please do some reading up on the laws and legalities of the items raised before being a tool and posting nonsence.

Enduracers hold licenses for specific items in their mod, and I have respected that. If I chose to take the rest of the mod, that is not licensed and holds no legal power over anyone who wants to privately edit the mod for a closed private community and claims no credit or profit for the work or project then they are completely entitled to do so and there is no legal power or license held to stop that.

Now stop with the pathetic hidden agendas and false information and move on. What's done is done, feel free to get your legal team to contact me if you feel you have a case, if not, stop crying, life goes on.

Just to clarify to the uneducated in this forum. Its not illegal.

Its not illegal, but it's lame.

The only reason they don't have their full scratch built content protected is that they are not a big company with seven lawyers. You asked for permission to do what you are doing, they denied it to you, and you still are doing it because you know you will have not consecuences, that's all.

So you are consciously taking advantage of a legal void against a MOD group that works for free, how cool is that?

Rather sad that some dont really have a clue about copyright laws and the legalities of sim racing leagues and modding communities.

Please do some reading up on the laws and legalities of the items raised before being a tool and posting nonsence.

Enduracers hold licenses for specific items in their mod, and I have respected that. If I chose to take the rest of the mod, that is not licensed and holds no legal power over anyone who wants to privately edit the mod for a closed private community and claims no credit or profit for the work or project then they are completely entitled to do so and there is no legal power or license held to stop that.

That something is not illegall, doesn't mean that it's right.

Modders are sadly not protected by laws, so their only protection is the community respect.

Are you using and modifying their mod without their permission? YES.

Are you, at least in my eyes, robbing? YES.

Will you go to jail? Of course not, like a man beating his wife to death in Taliban Afganistan didn't go either, but that doesn't make it right.

Did you made a lame figure in front of simracing community here? Indeed, maybe you should add it to your "about me" section in your website. I never seen a reputed MOD owner having to write something like that in any forum before to be honest, quite shocking.

Now stop with the pathetic hidden agendas and false information and move on. What's done is done, feel free to get your legal team to contact me if you feel you have a case, if not, stop crying, life goes on.

Good, still what you did is not right, legal is not the same as moral.

You are ok with stealing other's job? Good for you, but I then have the right to point it out to the community. If you have any problem with me doing it, feel free to get your legal team to contact me if you feel you have a case, if not, stop crying, life goes on :D

I wonder where you have drawn your inspiration from to come up with that crap... Man beating wife in Iran, comparing me to that? Very sad and not funny.

I have not robbed anything, I have taken something, added things to it for private use, nothing of the original mod has been edited, things have just been added.

I am glad that you have now accepted that what I am doing is not illegal, so you could apologise for supporting that view when you liked this comment from a member that seems to know very little that has a lot of hate for me and was also banned from this site for his childish and abusive behaviour, its amazing how opinions of people quickly change.

SRO is running a illegal mod, so there is no comparison.

You liked the above, your last post does not support your like.

In theory, I could take legal action against anyone in this thread who accuses what I do as being illegal. I probably wouldn't do that unless people really start to piss me off, dont worry, the copying of images from my FB page and editing them during your spare time for pleasure is just sad, you know who you are.

I tried to reach an agreement with Enduracers as I love the work they do, however, it is not down to them what I do privately and it is not up to them to dictate how my community runs.

Sadly, many people's views are twisted in here due to personal issues and agendas, yes I did work for RD and enjoyed most of it, made some friends, now have some haters, a difference in opinions occurred, that happens in life. Things dont always go perfectly, its how you respond and come back from things like that. Instead of moving forward and working towards future developments and seasons, people are stuck in the past and seem to be more worried about what another league of 550 members is doing instead of trying to satisfy the needs of its own 130,000+ members.

We are here to sim race, not wrongly accuse people of crimes they have not committed.

If I was a modding group and someone took my work and claimed credit for it and released it publicly then yes, I would be angry, but if someone took my work, added to it privately, took no credit at all for any of the work then I wouldn't give a s***.

Its like BMW releasing the M3 and Alpina creating a competitor or AC Schnitzer modifying it and adding their own products to it and then selling it, do BMW give up all their work and quit and claim to be de-motivated? No.

For me, not moral, bad, mean, is worse than illegal. Sometimes fair things are illegal, sometimes the worst things are legal, I could put examples but I think some will immediately come to everybody's mind.

I don't know what this has to do with your relation with RD. You are just trying to appear as a victim because you are the small community against the big one when this has nothing to do with RD (we don't help in ENDURACERS development) or with the brief period you were member of the staff.

This conversations and facts happened at RD so I read them and I made my points about them, not as RD admin, but as simracer and person. I think I'm in full right to do it and nobody has the right to mix things up to try to discredit what I'm saying.

Once this is clear, what you are basically saying is if you have a pirate copy of Battlefield 3 at home, it's not down to the developers what you do privately and it is not up to them to dictate how your house runs.

That is fantastic! There is no piracy in the world then since there is internet and everybody downloads and don't physically copy the games.

Even worse, you are not only using a modified mod without ENDURACERS permission, you are also distributing it to the people racing, that can also distribute it or host it somewhere, etc. so yes, you are distributing it publicly.

So I'm sorry George but I think what you are doing is so wrong.

P.D.- If somebody took pictures of your Facebook and edited them you should inmediatly take actions on that, is not acceptable.

lol, as soon as jan mentioned sro i knew this would come up:rolleyes:
really this is nothing to do with RDLMS and should be dealt with by pm's if anyone's got a problem.

One of the problems of the simracing communities is everythink is dealt by PM, so this kind of things never go public, and obviously have no consequences.

It's like a country without free press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies