Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought a one or two infraction grace period might be a reasonable alternative but that may not be possible within the limits of the programming. I'm sure that anyone who takes his racing too seriously and tries to disadvantage a fellow driver with a bump would be caught in the reviews and penalized accordingly so I'm good with this.

Kenny knows better than me how the game works at the moment. I thought there might be some kind of warning before getting a penalty, and it sounds like there is. So that should help prevent the kind of issues you described as well as giving people a chance or two to sort out their cornering before they get a drive-through. Also, as Bram said, incidents of bumping/ramming can still be reported by drivers as usual.

The slower guys not so much....for the aliens ive seen it done before. They know what times there capable of and will wait till the end to post a time to try getting a certain car that there more comfortable with.
Staying with the whole even and random car selection for everyone...id suggest waiting till after quali to release what times get which car.
Edit:
Aliens and kurupt minded people like myself will use any advantage possible :)
Ill most likely be in division 2....if 3 out 5 cars that i favor are at the bottom of the quali times why would I push for a faster time and raise my chances of getting a car i am not comfortable with?
Not telling us eliminates that factor.

It's qualy positions, not timings. It's not like all the Mercs are going to be for positions 1-5, the Nissans for positions 6-10, etc. That would make for pretty boring servers, no? They'll be distributed throughout the list, so as I said the chances of someone achieving the exact position they need to get the car they want are beyond minimal. But if someone is such an amazing driver that they're able to wait for all 59 of the other entrants to qualify first, and then enter a time that nets them the exact position they need to get their favourite car... then more power to them! Good show! :p

Furthermore Ross, do you also think that in an additional month with your picked car and everything you'd be competitive enough to fight for a win, or maybe a top-5, top-10 in all cars, all scenarios, time of day, fuel usage, tyre wear, grip and everything?
Nope, because I'm not good enough to be on for a win or podium in my favourite GT3 in a club race, let alone a league of the world's best. However, with two weeks of practice I do believe that I can become as comfortable and fast as I am in my current favourite car, which means I can enjoy the races, enjoy racing my fellow mid-fielders, and enjoy the league as a whole.

At the end of the day, if all someone cares about it win win win then that's fine, but that isn't why I race. I race for fun, and I don't need to win to have fun. If I end up in a car I don't get on with, so be it. It puts me outside my comfort zone, forces me to learn something new, and adds more challenge to my league. Sounds good to me.

Nope, because I'm not good enough to be on for a win or podium in my favourite GT3 in a club race, let alone a league of the world's best. However, with two weeks of practice I do believe that I can become as comfortable and fast as I am in my current favourite car, which means I can enjoy the races, enjoy racing my fellow mid-fielders, and enjoy the league as a whole.

At the end of the day, if all someone cares about it win win win then that's fine, but that isn't why I race. I race for fun, and I don't need to win to have fun. If I end up in a car I don't get on with, so be it. It puts me outside my comfort zone, forces me to learn something new, and adds more challenge to my league. Sounds good to me.
Fair enough, your POV is valid.

Either way, good luck getting a grid and on the league, chaps.

Im excited about this too, the hole process looks really nice!!!

The only thing i want to put to the table, at the pre-qualify since we all racing with the same car, i think the most fair thing to do is to race with fixed default setup.
That would be fair for us that we dont use that car usually.

good luck getting a grid and on the league, chaps.
I don't think they are going to struggle getting sign ups Lorenzo. I know some were upset they couldn't choose their own favourite car but it looks like there will be plenty to fill their boots. I think quite a few see this as a bit different and quite exciting.:thumbsup:

I don't think they are going to struggle getting sign ups Lorenzo. I know some were upset they couldn't choose their own favourite car but it looks like there will be plenty to fill their boots. I think quite a few see this as a bit different and quite exciting.:thumbsup:
True and it's RD, I know they're going to get a grid nevertheless. Just wishing them good luck on getting 60 cars and the traditional good racing. I'm frustrated over the choice for this league just like many others but my reason for not comitting over extends my frustration, such as racing dates and clashing with other leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes