RD Formula Pro Series S2 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ventis Didrihsons takes the RDFOC title!

attachment.php

Formula Ones, a new mod and 20 of the fastest drivers battling on 7 legendary tracks... At the end, one man on top.

Congratulations to Ventis Didrihsons, RDFOC season 1 winner!!!

With 5 wins and 2 podium finishes, the Latvian driver has dominated his competitors, shaking off the young talented Dutchman Peter Duivelaar and his 2 victories including the season opener at Monza.

No one else was able to snatch a victory from the top duelists but consistency earned Hungarian driver Peter Bartfai's a tiny edge to complete the Championship podium.

Celebration time has come and no doubt champagne will be flowing in the next few days... but Ventis Didrihsons knows he will soon put his title back in play for more action. And once again, competition will be ready on the grid...

Congratulations to all who competed with us the entire season!!
<<Final Standings>>

A big thank you to Douglas Aird for all his artwork this season!

See you all in season in February!!

Attachments

• Season1Premieredrivers.jpg
    Season1Premieredrivers.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 399
Peter doesnt cease to amaze me... He is pretty much racing in every league and is always in the top 3!!!

Ventis is just something else!! I dont see anyone able to take the crown from him anytime soon!!!

RDFOC S1 - Evaluation

Our first season just ended. We hope you had fun and enjoyed it. We would appreciate all feedback to make the next season even more enjoyable.

There are some of the things we would like to hear about:
What do you think about the cars?
What do you think about the variable weather?
What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
What do you think about the race length?
What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
What could we do better?
What else do you have to say about this season?

Thanks for you input!

What do you think about the cars? Perfect I like the way evrything feels on most of the tracks. BUT the SS are eating them self to quickly because during Round 7 I managed 10-13 laps from the start before I needed to go to the pit lane.

What do you think about the variable weather? Perfect we have alot of wet and cold races which I loved.

What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks? Good but it would be perfect if Singapure was not choosen for this season.

What do you think about the race length? Dont dear to make it shorter, there is not enough time to enjoy the race if it's getting shorter.

What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers? Nothing to add.

What could we do better? Some Broadcast's for Div.2 would not be a bad idea as we had more fights then Div.1. :embarrassed:

What else do you have to say about this season? Probobly one of the best and wierdest season AND a season with the most unexpected accidents. I cant wait for Season 2 to begin.

I'd like to formally congratulate Ventis on being the first official champion using our mod for GTR Evo. It is a real pleasure to have you guys racing and testing this mod for us and the dedication you all have shown is just phenomenal. A congratulations also to Eric who won the second division. Good luck next season guys! I will surely be there to see how you all do.

You are being modest Eric, Div1 may have had the fastest drivers (aliens) but I think Div2 had the better drivers :wink2: how about a race of Champions showdown between Ventis and Eric using F1-88, Eric gets to choose a car and Ventis can have an AGS :silly:... Seriously though well done Eric for winning Div2, we will miss you next season, who got relegated from Div1 then to replace you and Mitch.

The cars feel great and as the season went on I got more and more comfortable with them.

Excellent , it adds so much more to the expirience and strategy but as I have said before the drivers should only have the forcast and not the weather files, I think David Buxtons wife did the weather file for a race the other day so maybe we could get someone to generate a file within certain guidlines ?

What do you think about the choice of tracks?
Mostly good, I like running on tracks that are on the real F1 schedule at the moment or have been in the last year or 2

I would like them to be about the real race length but not any shorter and maybe a lap or 3 longer, just to make 2 or even 3 stops more viable

What could we do better?
I would like to see sanctions maybe a race ban for drivers who cause accidents on the first lap of a race, my highest qualifying position was 7th at spa and it was wet but because I was at the sharp end of the grid with commited drivers there was no problems, at other venues where I have qualified lower down, it is often a case of trying to make your way through carnage and then getting race spoiling damage, sometimes even before the first turn, very very annoying.

Best run Championship I have taken part in anywhere on the net, all of the info you might need is here in the forum or on the league website and it is all presented in a proffesional manner, also it has been a pleasure (for the most part :wink2:) to drive with the other guys in Div2, a very friendly bunch, helpfull and just all round nice guys, thats how it should be.

There are some of the things we would like to hear about:
I wouldnt change anything about the cars.
Im ok with the variable weather but i agree that the forecast system should be changed. An independent marshal could generate the weather file just before the race basing more less on the forecast. And the forecast itself could be getting little to more accurate as the race date closes. (fe. 2 weeks ahead we get info of possible rain, 1 week ahead we get more accurate info - practice dry, qual small rain, race damp) . 3 days ahead we get more precise info - its a similar to STC system, it could also allow for a forecast failure, (without warning a short thunderstorm in the middle of the race - surprise! :D )
Edit: Different weather for div1 / div 2 wouldn't be a such bad idea?
What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
I enjoyed each track but would prefer to race on real f1 or ex f1 circuits.
Real race length suited me more. The fact is the longer the race more it is possible to play with strategy as it is bit useless with shorter races due to long pitstops.
I hope that next season will be better balance basing on s1 results as well as enlist teams that will be dedicated to run in it 100%
What could we do better?
Not sure if its sensible to use 4 tire compounds but i guess its a mod preference and dont know how could it be resolved.
I guess it was much more demanding concerning the difficulty and competitiveness than I personally expected and it was increasing on each race. Nevertheless it was consistency that was the key to achieve a good result and i like that very much (tough it was the thing i lacked :weep: )
The entire organization and whole wrapping around the league was uber cool and i enjoyed it as much as racing itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes