RD Formula Pro Series S2 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about the cars?
I really struggled to set them up and basically used the same setup for every race. You really need good pedals and wheel for these which mine is not.
What do you think about the variable weather?
Weather was excellent.
What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
All F1 tracks would be great.
What do you think about the race length?
Perfect
What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
Should be kept, it was just unfortunate the way things worked out for Britpack this season.
What could we do better?
Nothing
What else do you have to say about this season?
For what was a beta test it was brilliant, I had a few issues as others did with ghosting etc and it showed up my cheap wheel set, but they are personal issues and do not take anything away from a well organised league.

RDFOC: a sneak peak at season 2

attachment.php

Flyer by Douglas Aird

We will have another exciting F1 season at RaceDepartment in 2010. There is just a little sneak peak of things to come!!

All the details will be announced in the next few days!!
f1.racedepartment.com

Attachments

• F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
    F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 459

They're great, really the best F1 cars I've driven. My only deception comes when changes are made to the mod that doesn't help bringing it more to reality. Best example was Monza where many drivers suffered brake problems. This track is the most demandind of all on brakes and engines. If a driver doesn't open his air ducts to the max, then it's only normal the car has problems, that seemed realistic to me. In my opinion, no change should have been made for this as, to my knowledge, everyone with fully opened air ducts didn'nt suffer such damage to brakes.

Yes, yes, changing weather is great. Only question I have about it is wheter or not it had something to do with the Sepang race incident.

What do you think about the choice of tracks?

Did I ever mentionned I was raised in Montreal? Do we have a valid track for it?
Ho sorry, that wasn't the question:laugh2:. So I didn't like them all but they we're all good tracks for F1's. I like the fact that with had different type of track, suiting different driving styles.

First lap beyond 305km, I like the F1 rule.

I like the way it is for now, maybe opinions will differ after a few seasons.

What could we do better?

Penalties should be more... penalizing. I know it may sound harsh or I don't know what but the fact is that a few times we had incidents where the one at fault gets to finish the race and the victim as no more car. I think it should hurt where it counts: points. Other than that, this league is fantastic.

Wait, I just said fantastic, what else can I say now? Oh yes, the cars, the flyers, the modders, the organizer, the drivers are all awesome. When do we start season 2?

Special thanks to Eric and Mak Corp for all your efforts.

Truly awesome effort (or is that effortless :p ) Ventis...!

I'm also very impressed that Eric won D2, not that he does not have the skill to be there, more that the fact of all the time spent RUNNING this dual tier events, websites, blah blah blah... A wife, a life, the list goes on... and actually get in some practice too... two thumbs up there mate!

To date the mod has moved in leaps and bounds with each step along the way... I would actually say to those that still have an early beta to load that up and see how far we have come... The kind of feedback that this series and this caliber of drivers produced really tops all others to date! We are really just down to a few minor details to clean up and it's all good to go :)

So, enough chitchat from me, I'm off to sneak some of Ventis' and Eric's bubbles :) shhh don't say a word....

I love the cars, they are well balanced unlike some other F1 mods i use and give great feedback to the driver.

I enjoy racing with variable weather but would prefer for nothing other than a general pre race forecast rather than an exact one like we had this season. Like Peter said real F1 teams need to adapt and think on the go, i like to do this too in races. Also races like that tend to throw up some more unpredictable results and don't reward those who have loads of time to practice as much as our current system does.

What do you think about the choice of tracks?
All the tracks were great, for me i liked the challenge of Singapore where one little mistake punishes you so badly but i can see why others prefer tracks with a little more room for error. Tracks that the real F1 teams visit are favourable IMO.

Good although i think with our current quali format and 15 min warm up the races shouldn't be any longer than they are - its a long time to keep concentration!

I like the team setup but noticed that there were some gaps on the grid in Division One at the end of the season which i would like to have seen filled. But i know there is discussion already on the reserve driver situation so i won't say anymore!

What could we do better?
I knew quite a few people who wanted to watch our races live on PSR TV and coverage never materialised for different reasons. Out of the final four events only Istanbul was actually streamed as it was meant to be. Maybe if it is possible we could get more priority to our coverage to ensure it goes out live.

I would also like to have the championship standings available on the RD forum. I know a lot of leagues use Autosim Analyzer for the results and it presents the results more clearly than GPCOS, could we use both?

It was my first season in a simulated open wheel championship and i really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone who worked on the league, especially Eric, the RD owners and of course all the drivers who took the time to race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back