RD Formula Pro Series S2 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about the cars?

They're great, really the best F1 cars I've driven. My only deception comes when changes are made to the mod that doesn't help bringing it more to reality. Best example was Monza where many drivers suffered brake problems. This track is the most demandind of all on brakes and engines. If a driver doesn't open his air ducts to the max, then it's only normal the car has problems, that seemed realistic to me. In my opinion, no change should have been made for this as, to my knowledge, everyone with fully opened air ducts didn'nt suffer such damage to brakes.

We did actually have some drivers running almost fully opened ducts (setting 5-7) and there was still some failures... Maybe the biggest heads up came from a few very good drivers that ran 4+ settings and are not brake draggers that I looked over there MoTeC and they still lost brakes...

but... I personally am not the smoothest driver and prob over use my brakes and never had issues in the few 100 laps that I put in at Monza over the months leading up to that race... (I run 4 or 5 setting)

Since I don't see much in the way of physics changes if any for season 2 from what we are driving now... people well be spending less time learning the car (and it's physics changes every 2 weeks) and more time dialing in their setups... I was talking to Eric today about possible changes to the spring rates due to many talking of running super soft springs etc, but this (at this point) will not be changing as most actually found the error in their setups was actually not spring rate related and due to aero dampers etc... This longer unchanged physics period of S2 will give me some very solid data to base my decisions on what might need weakening, strengthening, or fixing...

We did actually have some drivers running almost fully opened ducts (setting 5-7) and there was still some failures... Maybe the biggest heads up came from a few very good drivers that ran 4+ settings and are not brake draggers that I looked over there MoTeC and they still lost brakes...

I already posted this somewhere that my observation on brakes then and later was that the duct does not lengthen the brake usage, it was the brake pressure and balance that decided if on a full race stint the brakes will fail or not.
As a matter of fact having more brake duct open resulted in better cooling-lower brake temps on the straights end (below optimum)- less braking power - longer braking - shorter brake life.

Now that i remembered this factor i add it to the evaluation of the cars themselves. Brake life is not a concerns in the mods state right now. Precise tweaks and testing is not needed (as it was on monza) and the brake settings can be set to extremes without the risk of failure even on extreme tracks (eg. Singapore).

RDFOC is no more...

Welcome to the new Formula Pro Championship at RaceDepartment.com.

After weeks of speculations, the news is finally out. RaceDepartment and PrestoGP partnered to create a new fantastic Formula One league for all its members. The newly created series will feature a World and an European Championships regulated respectively by Racedepartment and PrestoGP. Both leagues will follow the basic same structure. Most importantly all will race the Mak-Corp (MMG) F1 2007 cars for Simbin Race series (GTR-Evo).

In addition, we are pleased to announce some fantastic prizes for the top 3 of the Pro World Series division as well a nifty cash prize for the winning team.

List of all prizes:
FPWS: Drivers' Championship
• 1st place driver: Logitech G27* racing wheel or an Intel i7 920 processor (winner's pick)
• 2nd place driver: Logitech G35* headset
• 3rd place driver: Logitech Gaming Headset G330*

FPWS: Teams' Championship
$100 (US dollars) cash prize to the winning team (paid to the team owner)

Join us for the fun!!

For all league details visit -> link

League forum -> link

Attachments

• F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
    F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 298
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year