RD Formula Pro Series S2 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRIVER-REPORT: Jamie Blewitt, Flying Dutchmen/Super Aguri D2

Qualifying One:

I had a good feeling here all the time in practice and was very pleased to find myself in the fifth at the end of Q1 and within two tenths of second. I was thinking maybe i could improve a little on my time for Q2 as i didn't really push too hard in the opening session.

Qualifying Two:

Qualified fifth with 1:27.3. That was just about all i had in outright pace. It was the first time i have been within a second of the Div 1 pole, in this case 0.6. I am normally able to step up in the race relative to others so i was confident i could get a great result if i kept it all together.

Race:

I got a good launch and was able to get into third by the exit of T1, gaining a spot from the unlucky Peter after his game issues and Nico on the outside as we braked for T1. I had Reik and Ventis up ahead and the three of us gapped the pack. I was running in a comfortable third for most of the opening stint, Reik past Ventis but pitted early. I was able to keep Ventis within 8 seconds until my opening stop on lap 17. I had started with a lot of fuel so my first stop was very quick. I was able to take Reik in this manner and Ventis ran longer in the opening stint - after all the stops i was leading!

My first laps leading a RDFOC Div 1 event were great but Ventis was able to close down my six second lead as i made a few mistakes. His fresh rubber gave him a big advantage and after holding him off for a few laps i got a nudge on the rear wheel from his front wing which introduced some oversteer to my car. After a little longer i decided Ventis was one step too far and things would be better for me if i tried to secure second so i let him go. It would have been impossible to hold the lead for the whole event anyway. I always think you got to know when your beaten!

After that Ventis pulled away initially very quickly but as his tyres wore our pace evened out and after our second stops the gap was only six seconds! As traffic became a factor Ventis became a little closer but i think he always had things under control. What did suprise me was the gap back to Nico and Reik which i hadn't realised we had pulled out so well. At the end my brakes were getting worn so i backed off, finishing 10 seconds behind Ventis to claim my first Div 1 podium. As someone said on the server finishing so near to Ventis is like winning anyway! :giggle:

Really enjoyed the race and i feel i am starting to come to terms with the cars now both in setup and race discipline although my pace still could be more consistant. At least my pit stops worked tonight, its always nice to know you have something up your sleeve in the pits...

Congrats to Ventis on dominanting the Div 1 season. Unlucky Peter D on the race tonight. Congrats also to Nico on the podium. Great to see Yuri make it to the flag tonight for a double points score for Flying Dutchmen! Thanks to MMG, RD and Eric for the league and to all the guys who have helped me get into the league - Bart & Mike, Steve & John and Yuri. It has been a steep learning curve but a lot of you guys have welcomed me into the community and i have been able to make new friends, thanks to all of you too, you know who you are!

DRIVER-REPORT: Will Marquez/SweeFr Racing Div2

willmarquez.jpg

Q1: P2 heading into 2nd Quali as Joao is just on fire.

Q2: P2. Hit my personal best of 1.28.7 but once again Joao is .400 secs faster than me and grabs pole position. Well done Joao. :)

Race:

Start Grid
startgrid.jpg

Was struggling with getting off the start line under these conditions during practice and after T1 lose 3 positions but main thing was that I got through T1 ok. Was happy with the start. But really nice pass on the outside of T1, Wietse! :good:

As Joao and Eric are battling upfront, had a good battle with Mitchell, Wietse and myself as we are all bunched up in the beginning of the race.
vissermarquezbattle.jpg

philippivissermarquez2.jpg

Moving up closer to Mitchell as we head through NGK chicane.
philippimarquezchicane.jpg

Did alot of my practice in the damp weather and it helps out in race as I'm putting in some consistent laps. However made some silly mistakes as after a few laps where Mitchell and myself pass Eric after he spin which moves me up to P3. I spin out in T1 and Eric moves up and I'm at P4 which I stay at for most of the race.

So now it comes time for my first pitstop and note to self. Don't hit the pitstop button while you are trying to turn, downshift and brake at the same time! As this is what can happen.......
stuckgravel.jpg

I try to go straight through the gravel traps and I end up stuck. And I as I see the engine temp start to rise. I say to myself, you better get outta here quick. So put it in reserve. And go along the sides where the grass is and finally... 35 secs later I'm back on track! Whew!! lol

After my pitstop didn't have many battles. Just was concentrating to put in good laps one after the other. Then as I look at Motecadd I see the time difference between Mitchell and myself start to reduce rapidly and I'm gaining on him quick. As I head into the around the last turn I see him pull into the pits. Thinking to myself that he must have had damage as there must've been only 10 laps or so to go. Unlucky there Mitchell. Next time make sure your pit crew doesn't drink all your beer during the race. :p. Was hoping that the battle between Eric and Mitchell would come down to the final laps.

With so much practice in the damp conditions, I just couldn't put in faster times as the track dried up. As I was soooo use to running those damp lines in practice leading up to the race.

Final turn cross the finish line P3! For back to back podiums! WOOHOO!!
p3nurburgring.jpg

First started with this mod 2 days before the Paul Ricard race, in Div1 no less (Yes I remember getting lapped by Ventis like 15 times there!). And I've been addicted ever since. :) Thanks to Yuri and the Flying Dutchmen to give me a chance as a replacement driver for that race. Then moving to Div2, as SweeFr racing team boss Ingemar gives me his F1 seat for a permanent place on the team. Thanks Ingemar and JM! Sorry to hear about being "ghosted" teammate! :(

Thanks again to Eric, RD and MMG for such a brillant Mod. Thanks to all the drivers for making this such a great community. Looking forward to season 2. As I'm already shaking not from the nervousness but already having F1 withdrawals! LOL

See you guys next season! :)

TEAM-REPORT:EndUrance Team/Ferrari D2

01-Joao.png
19530d1258455997-rdfoc-s1-round-5-sepang-gp-november-14th-2009-yves-larose.jpg

Qualify 1 (both top 10)
Both Ferrari-Endurance team racers went on to the main qualify. Perhaps the only thing to remark was that J. Andias used a little more than the initial half of the session to practice with race/fuel setup.

Qualify 2 (1st & 4th)
J. Andias
Had 3 goes at it, each of them with an out lap plus 2 quick ones (the 2nd lap was about 1 sec quicker than the 1st due to optimum tyre temperature). On my first go lost it on the final quick lap so aborted the attempt. At the 2nd go did a 28 low that later would show to be sufficient for pole in division 2. On the the final go lost it again going into the stadium area. In the end was happy as obviously a front row start always helps for the race. On tother hand, I did mess-up 66% of my qualify staying about .5 of a second of my personal PB.

Y. Larose
In his own words: “In Q2 was surprise to be the pole sitter for almost half the session but I finally finished the qualify in 4th place which I think was very good for a guy that only had 3 hours or so of practice.

Race
(1st & 6th)
First a few words about the team; like in the other (RDSTL) late 2009 league commitment here at RD, team replacement driver (Yves in RDFOC’s case) ended up doing more races than main driver Abdul Ahmed due to RL commitments . Gladly here we managed to 100% fulfill our roster obligations with the championship which I think it always helps the enjoyment of everyone evolved.
attachment.php

J. Andias

It has to be typed that this was an event taking place in a track I know well. Both from past endurance events (other club, endurance layout) and from the (above 90 minutes race) done here in the previews weekend with the extremes (RDSTL). No doubt this helped allot by knowing the hardest/dangerous places of the track, but nevertheless it had been well above 6 months since I lasted raced here before the previews weekend, but yes, all importantly, in short, my brain was “educated” for the track :D
Looking at the grid I could see “a line” similar to the Singapore one (but not in the same order), as the left grid line had again 1 Ferrari and 2 McLaren’s. So I kind was expecting a repeat of the first laps of the previews event.

The race; started ok, not that good start but also no wheel spinning kept in front until the 1st turn braking. Was a bit too conscious going into the 1st turn and one of the McLaren’s went through.
Settled in the now usual to me “Ferrari meat in the McLaren sandwich” and was happy just to follow Eric around short-shifting all the way. The plan was in many aspects equal to Singapore’s one. "Tale around" the 1st McLaren without disturbing him much in hopes of letting the rest of the field behind and resume the victory struggle to a only 2 racers issue.
That was in large part managed in the first 10 laps as I soon lost having close worries from behind. As for Eric in front, most of the time I kept it out of the water spray (so I didn’t miss any braking points) sometimes I pushed a little bit more just to check if I had the pace to at least go on top of the first McLaren on my elected overtaking point (again had less wing than them).

On one of those occasions when I was closer than usual, Eric did a small mistake, putting the power down too soon so the car went into a typical out of the corner lock power slide leaving me alone in first.
At first Mitchell was there about 5 seconds behind but after the 1st pitstop and in the 2nd stint the tings more or less settle into a 10-15 seconds advantage to 2nd (Mitchell fist than most of the time, Eric).
I didn’t have a perfect tyre strategy for the race conditions; like in Spa I forget that these tracks have very slow drying when compared with Sepang for instances and my race pace even in the closing moments of the race (still dump) was very far of my high 31, low 32 expected race pace.
Had to keep it on anyway, as Eric clearly wasn’t settling for 2nd and many times he circulated faster than me. Did “only” two small mistakes of about 2 seconds each, one of them a bit scary has I fully went into the gravel in 6th gear and the car sort of jumped in the air… yes, luck is part of it too :D

Y. Larose
Again in his own words: “The race start was a mess, each time I was trying to put a little of power, started to spin, so each time I had to back off… I finally got hit from behind and spun, that also caused me suspension damage. At that point I was not far from being last, the car was still drivable but a bit tricky so decided to wait for the regular pitstop to fix the suspension.

The lap before my pitstop i spun again hit the wall and lost my front wing. Pitted but in the hurry I passed over the fix suspension menu and only went for fuel, tyres & aero repair. As such the second stint was tricky again with a few spins along the way.

My final pitstop went well, got everything fixed; the car was some kind back to its full potential, at that point I was 9th (I think). Start pushing time again on the guys in front and was gifted a few places with spinning and Mitch retiring. With 2 laps to go, was right behind 5th place, I had the speed to pass him but spun exiting T1 so couldn’t make it happen and took 6th place at the finish.

As a final consideration of an already (as usual) long report, just to point that although the race line was drier in D1 (more racers to the finish and as such no direct comparison can be made), looks like D2 top racers would be fighting around 10th spot in D1 which just goes to show a good average division of the field made by staff.

The final “thanking zone" :wink2:
My thanks to Yves for the overall team effort and thanks everyone o took part in another fine RDFOC event. Once more had no trouble going about my race and a think that I even “cause” a few people to spin as they went of line (wet) to let me go by :(
Special tanks to those who once more raced near me and congratulations to both BHR McLaren racers for top spots in the division & teams championship. Congratulations to everyone who went by some hard races like the one today.

Thanks to D1 team WSR for both mid season practice server and "technical" help (setup trade). Thanks D2 team BHR for the practice server for the final events.
A final thanks to Staff, RD & STC (servers) and obviously MMG-MAK group as without them we would be racing "the now dull" F3K.

Cheers,​

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 323
DRIVER-REPORT: Ventis Didrihsons/White Racing-Ferrari Div1

03-ventis.png

Qualifier Session 1:
P1

Qualifier Session 2:
P1. It was very interesting session. In my 3rd flying lap I managed put together a decent lap with comfortable 0.6 gap. And I thought it would enough to keep the pole. But then at the end of the session Peter D improved his own lap by 0.5 and was just 0.1 benind me. Watching sector times, in the last flying lap Peter improved by another 0.1-0.2 in first 2 sectors and I thought my pole is gone. This was a good wake up call that Peter is going to be fast here.
I’m really sorry for what happened with you Peter, I missed another interesting battle with you :(

Race: P1
I managed good start and I started very carefuly as I had no idea how wet it’s going be. After first couple of laps Reik looked very fast behind me and from tactical point of view there was no reasons to start battle with Reik thus losing time and letting Jamie and others to close in. So I decided to let him go and focus on my own pace, besides Reik was just too fast so I was sure he was on 3 stopper.

My 1st pitstop wasn’t perfect, but nevertheless I found myself in P2. I was surprised to find myself behind Jamie, not Reik. I managed to close the gap with Jamie and my fresh tyres gave me advantage. Jamie, I’m sorry if I damaged your rear wheel, it's interesting cause I don't remember a contact, at least that big to anyhow damage your car. Maybe small lag.

After my 2nd pitstop my lead over Jamie was ~5 sec but he was very fast forcing me to put in all 100%. Only 5-6 laps to the finish he setlled down. It was good battle Jamie, thank you and honestly I’m still nicely surprised about your speed. I think you and Reik are the ones to be watched out for the next season :) Also congrats to Nico, Reik, Steve and all finishers :good:.

I think the biggest drama went on the 2nd server.....championship win by Eric with just a 1 point over Mitchell. Congratulation Eric :good: , I want to see that replay.....

After winning both drivers and teams championship I have all the reasons to be happy. And I am. Arno, Chris and Tim – thank you guys, we did it, -lots of chix and champagne waiting you here this weekend :)

It’s been short, but very exciting season. Without smallest doubt - best season for me so far. Thank you Eric for inviting me here and for the huge job you did making all this possible :good:. Also big thanks to RD, MMG, Tv crew and all the drivers :good:

Looking forward to season 2.

Attachments

• VD.jpg
    VD.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 196
Thanks for all the reports guys i love to read them!
Big congrats to Eric for taking the number 1 spot. Only one point more then number 2. Crazy! And congrats to Ventis. :)

Great season and thanks for racing one of the best in all my simrace career. :)

Thanks and congratulations to Eric ( I wish you luck in Div 1 next season ;) ). Thanks RD and MMG. I had alot of fun in my 1st season of sim racing, unfortunatly, due to PC problems and a couple crashes due to lack of concentration, I didnt get to actually race that much. My own fault. I'm hopeing I'll be able to race next season with a more experienced team. Hope to see all of you on the track in S2!

I don't even know what to say now!:) Thx to Eric, RD and MMG for making this possible!

Thx Nico & Reik for the great teamwork! Our team finished second in Div 1.!:)

The races were hard and I had a few bad moments (Spa & Sepang), but overall it was pure fun!
I had my first league podium in Monza, and scoring one more, and finishing 3rd overall in the championship makes me so happy I can't tell!:)

Grats to the champions, Ventis & Eric!

DRIVER-REPORT: Reik Major / Blue Flag Racing Div1

First of all a big gratulation to the Champions Ventis & Eric!

Also huge gratulations for the quick rabbits team (Nico and Peter). You did a fantastic team job! Ever was a pleasure to be a reserve driver in your team!

Special thanks goes to Mikael and Mark from BFR, who invited me again to race for their team.

Qualy 1:
I put in a very nice lap very early and ended in P3 or P4 i think. So no worries about making it into Q2.

Qualy2:
A very close battle despite Ventis and Peter in P1 and P3 with a little gap to me in P3. But behind me, gaps very very small. So i was lucky starting in P3!

Race: (finished 4th)
Before the start i felt very sorry with Peter, who didn't join in P2 to in front of me, but dropped onto an other car far behind. I saw it in the mirror.

Start was fine and i could hold the second position. Within some laps i got faster and more confident with the track. My strategie was different to others. I didn't do a 3-stopper, Ventis:wink2:. I did a 2-stopper with a first short stint on Softs (15 laps).
I thought this would give me a little advantage and more safety going through the damp conditions with a lighter car on softs. It seemed to work and i managed to overtake Ventis and open a gap to him. Poorly i lost the some seconds gap two times because of two not so save lapping moves. But thats racing...

I pitted in lap 15 and took mediums and much fuel for 24 laps. Thats why i pitted long and stayed into P3 also after Jamies and Ventis' pit stops. In this stint i had to race long with the tires, so Nico catched up on me. My tires were close to the end and after a problem with oversteer out of the dunlop corner i let Nico pass not to destroy his season but also to bring it home to the second pit stop in a fast and safe way.

After my second pit stop things became tricky! During my second stop, Ventis had lapped me and i came out a bit behind him and a bit before Peter Bartfai. It was tricky because Peter made pressure on me and we quickly closed up to Ventis who's tires were worn. Put then he pitted and we unlapped.
Immediately after that we closed up to a backmarker into the slow mercedes arena and it was hard to predict were i could lap him. At a slow corner exit he chose the same line like me. So i had to brake hard and make a quick runaround him when Peter touched my back. Sorry Peter! But at least we could continue unharmed.
From there on i could use my fresh tires very well and had a constant gap to Nico in P3 by around 10 seconds (me in P4). That's like we finished.

All in all a very exciting race with many tricky moments for me. Some caused by tricky lapping maneuvers others caused by incidents in front of me. One was crazy when Jason smashed it hard into the wall after the flat out uphill twist and was sent back to the track very fast. It was pure luck to pass there unharmed...:bang:

In the end i'm very proud to have scored 30 points by doing only two races in Div1 and by having harmed no one on track.

Now i hope to race with you in Season 2!!! :beat-up::soldier::vampire:

I think Season 1 was a big effort for RD and the mod itself. It's the best i've ever driven and after many years a real F1 pleasure is back to the PC (sorry i don't like rf)!

Thank you Eric for all your input here! Guys like you ever deserve an extra award for organicing such great things by sacrificing their own freetime to make ours much more exciting...:highfive::kissing::beer:

No need for me to drive a race report since I did not actually get to race due to a "ghost" disconnect during warm-up...:disapointed:

I was on a decent run the last 3 races and I was hoping to finish on a high note, individually and for the team. A technical issue decided to foil the first part of the plan but thanks to my teammate Will's second podium in a row, SweeFr Racing was able to keep 3rd place in the team championship!!! Great job m8! :woot2:

I want to thank everyone I raced with this season for all the good racing moments I experienced. :honk:

I want to thank in particular my brother Eric and my teammate Will for helping me improve through our practice sessions and set-up discussions.:thanks:

Thanks to team boss Ingemar for supporting us through the season despite the technical problems he encountered and made him give up his spot to Will. Good pick Ingemar!! :good::plus1:

Big thanks to Eric for his hard work towards making this league a success! :Banane57:

Congrats to championship winners, Ventis and Eric!!! :clap2:

Thanks to RD, MMG-MAK and the commentators for making it possible!

Cheers to all of you racers, see you in season 2!

:bounce:

--
Chanter, rire, rêver...

DRIVER-REPORT: Chris Vick - Green Team, Jordan 97/D1

24-ChrisV.png

Qualify 1 - None

Qualify 2 - None

Race - 11th

I made a serious mistake in setup for this race, assuming that the wet period would be quite long, I went with a high downforce setup. The race line was dry after less than 10 laps, and I was way too slow due to the extra drag. I had a very cautious start, and settled into following my team mate, reserve driver Petr Kantor (subbing for Aritan Maia) in his first RDFOC appearance. After a few laps, I knew that I was faster, and took him on the inside of turn 1.

attachment.php

I then cautiously followed Michel Hunter for a few laps before I passed him when he went wide.

attachment.php

After that, I had a nice little battle with Jason. He passed on the inside of turn 1:

attachment.php

I re-passed on the exit of turn 1:
attachment.php

Then I went wide at turn 8 letting him by again:
attachment.php

I continued circulating without much fuss, but rather slowly due to my setup choice. I managed another later pass of Petr, and then Michel.
attachment.php

During my third stint, I found myself in the path of the leaders, about to go a second lap down. I made several mistakes. First, I was watching Ventis approach very fast, and missed my braking point causing me to spin right in front of him! Nice dodge Ventis, and thanks!:thumb:

attachment.php

Then, a bit later I saw more leaders coming through, and decided to go off line to let them by at turn 6. I forgot that it was still wet off line! I proceeded to slide off into the gravel:
attachment.php

And into the wall! Ouch!:
attachment.php

I had to complete the race with suspension damage. At that point, I was in 11th, a lap ahead of 12th, and there was no way to even try to catch 10th with suspension damage. I nursed the car home 2 laps down to the leaders in 11th place.

Thanks to my team mates Aritan and Petr for a great season! The Green Team finished the season in 8th place in Div 1, and I managed my goal of placing in the top 10 of Div 1, finishing in 9th place. I had a bit of a disappointing season, with a DNF at Paul Riccard, and some stupid mistakes elsewhere. Unlike the AF3KGPC season, I did not have enough time to prepare as much as I should have/wanted to. Also, my team mates were very short on time, so I ended up doing most of the setup work, and I am not very accomplished at that. All-in-all, not the performance that I was hoping for, especially in my lacking pace. However, I can take some pride in my consistency and good final placement given that this was my 2nd league ever. Hopefully I will have more time to devote to season 2, and can get back on form.

Thanks Eric and RD for such a great league, and thanks to MMG for such a great mod! I am really looking forward to next season, with a bit more experience under my belt! See you all soon!

Attachments

• petr-pass.jpg
    petr-pass.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 244
  • michel-pass.JPG
    michel-pass.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 254
  • jason-battle1.JPG
    jason-battle1.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 292
  • jason-battle2.JPG
    jason-battle2.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 260
  • jason-battle3.jpg
    jason-battle3.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 256
  • michel2.jpg
    michel2.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 283
  • thanks.JPG
    thanks.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 274
  • off-line.JPG
    off-line.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 251
  • ouch.JPG
    ouch.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 283
As the season has ended i have a small request to all teams and drivers.
But first i wish to thank everybody for participating.
Eric and all the contributors for organizing this wonderful top notch league.
MMG for all the effort in making the mod that allowed us to have fun in the first place.
Every team and driver who participated and allowed to race in two divisions.
New the thing i wish to ask you for is anyone and everyone who would bother to send me their replay files from each and any race they participated to this email : knrd.stanczak@gmail.com .
So if you kept your replays i could use them for a little project from any race (more= better) and nevermind the race outcome.
Thank you in advance to all kind persons.
BR
Konrad
PS. Hopefully see you on S2!

DRIVER-REPORT: Michel Usal / BBBR Racing Div1

Quali: 13th.
I couldn't match my PB but strangely, I was feeling I could do even better and reach a high 1.28. I tried a couple of times but left it at 1.29.7xx. If I'm right, this was the closest quali sessions this season. Also, when looking at the times in 2nd quali, I felt I would be able to be competitive in race trim. I know quali is a weakness for me as opposed to race where I can usualy keep a steady pace.

Race: 8th
I had decided to go for 3 stops and keep my pace as fast as possible. Maybe 2 stops would have been a bit better but in the end I'm quite happy with the result. 3 little mistakes cost me 7th place.

I nearly missed the start as I saw Peter's car jumping over an another one to my right. I was waiting to see what would happen and then everyone was flying. I was quick enough to manage a decent start and keep my position at turn 1.

Right away, I felt the car was really great and, as planned, I started pushing. First battle was with Chris. It was wheel to wheel battle for a while but at one point he made a gap of 2 seconds with me. I tought, I'm not letting you leave like this and kept pushing to regain ground. But coming out of Michelin kurve, I saw him on the grass, wich gave me a free pass.

I would need to watch my replay to describe my race better but what's important is how I felt all trough the event. The car was so good, many thanks to David, it was giving me great confidence to drive agressivly.

One very thrilling moment was after my last pitstop with 10 laps to go. I was then +- 20 seconds from Tim and decided to try to gain his spot. Lap after lap, I kept on talking to me, a bit like what we hear in real F1 when a pilot gets encouragement from his radio. C'mon, c'mon, stay tight, you can make it. Keep pushing. C'mon, you can do it, he's on worn tyres. That's really what as I was doing. This was crazy fun. Damn, it felt good to be able to drive like that. I ended up 4 sec from Tim, sure I wanted his spot, but there was not enough laps left:laugh2: It's already 3 days ago and just writing it down, I still feel the excitment I had.

I'm quite happy to finish the season like this.

Eric, thank you so much for you hard work (and your championship:laugh2:)

Everyone at Mak Corp, great work.

See you all soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering