RD Formula Ford Championship Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like no buys means wins :D
To be honest the reason no one is making buys is exactly that, they have no effect so why bother :rolleyes:

Anyways,
-1 consistency
-20 car life time
rest on rain ability

Announcement 1
The final race might be delayed. I have a pretty busy week coming up and I don't exactly know what is happening when. This means I will have to find some time to do the race over the week. As such the limit for buys will still officially be Monday morning, but I will accept any buys between then and whenever I run the race.
This delay shouldn't be a problem given the fact that this is the last race of the season.

Announcement 2 - Aimed more at people who are interested in A ). next season and B). the rules.
Recently done some more testing of the performance values. From my results it appears as though 'Qualifyingability' is indeed an average over about 5 races. As such it appears to be random as people are upgrading ~every race. Therefore it might be better to either randomise everyone's value before season start or set everyone at 1 - banning quali upgrades on both options.
This therefore creates a totally random qualifying - except for HP upgrades making some cars fundamentally better of course.
As a result it could be better to have 1 shot qualifying (using the superpole option ingame). This is not as bad as it seems, because the game has a very good weight penalty and reverse grid system for events where there are 2 races per weekend. I can edit this however which way i need to.

Thats all for now.

If you remove the quali upgrades (might be the best idea, I dunno), then we'd be left with race ability, consistency and car upgrades, which ultimately doesn't make for a sim series.
If the superpole option works, awesome, otherwise this might not be the game to use #justsaying

If you remove the quali upgrades (might be the best idea, I dunno), then we'd be left with race ability, consistency and car upgrades, which ultimately doesn't make for a sim series.
If the superpole option works, awesome, otherwise this might not be the game to use #justsaying

Well this is the talent file which im editing.

Code:
//Driver Stats
QualifyingAbility=          //Average qualifying position NOTE: keep GT between 1 -15
RaceAbility=                  //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)
Consistency=                //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)
RainAbility=                  //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)
Passing=                      //% of times driver completed a successful pass, not including pit stops or lapped traffic
Crash=                          //% of times driver crashed
Recovery=99                      //% of times driver continued after a crash
TrackAggression=     //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)

im going to remove consistency next season as well as quali, i think i mentioned that at some point, but im not sure.
therefore we are left with race, rain + (subject to testing) aggression and passing.
with cars, we will have COF variation (or just straight COF) and HP there is also potentially an option to upgrade tires and weight.

Melbourne Practice
UcAEAFT.png

gSXTr3M.png

Melbourne Qualifying
5plgKSu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.