RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so this is in the regulations (it really seems that no one is interested in them :cautious:)

2.2.2 Test Drivers at In Season Tests

Test Drivers that take part in a test session will have an average equal to that of the team overall plus 4 spots, or the average of their last 4 Friday Practice Sessions.
Any reward gained will be doubled for the driver, of which the driver may use instantly or sell back to the series at season end for quarter price (rounded up to next highest $50).

If a test driver receives rewards, the main driver that they replaced will also receive rewards, albeit half of what the test driver earned (equal to what a normal driver would). Teams will gain an extra HP bonus should a test driver help them achieve rewards in a test too.

Now you will notice that specifically I don't mention Manager/Testers. This is a problem as a manager should be receiving half rewards, but a replaced driver should be receiving half of what the tester receives (which would usually be the normal amount).
Seeing that the hole in the regulation is there, I decided that, yes, the manager should receive half rewards as per usual, and that the replaced driver should get equal to what a normal driver would have in that situation. So hence I received 15 skill (as that is half of 30, which is in turn double 15. Maths!), and James received 15 skill too.

Reason being: the in season tests were designed from before season 1 started to be where test drivers took part, and thus it continues. But why would a manager replace a driver if they lose out on all of their rewards from the test? So now you theoretically lose nothing in doing so.
I read them ;)
I just dont understand this one. I mean, James havent had a time set as far as i can see but got a reward. In the regulations i only can see "If a test driver recieves rewards[...]"

Or maybe i am stupid :p

nah I read them. Just can't remember anything as they are so long :laugh:
they're obviously long, but there are some key points in there. It's important to know specifically what applies to you.
It gets annoying when I get asked questions and literally the answer is right there in the regulations. Don't get me wrong, I forget half of them, but the first place I look is obviously the regulations because I actively have tried to close every loophole and answer every question that hasn't been asked yet.

I read them ;)
I just dont understand this one. I mean, James havent had a time set as far as i can see but got a reward. In the regulations i only can see "If a test driver recieves rewards[...]"

Or maybe i am stupid :p
If a test driver receives rewards, the main driver that they replaced will also receive rewards, albeit half of what the test driver earned (equal to what a normal driver would). Teams will gain an extra HP bonus should a test driver help them achieve rewards in a test too.

they're obviously long, but there are some key points in there. It's important to know specifically what applies to you.
It gets annoying when I get asked questions and literally the answer is right there in the regulations. Don't get me wrong, I forget half of them, but the first place I look is obviously the regulations because I actively have tried to close every loophole and answer every question that hasn't been asked yet.
The standings made it confusing to me, but now i have the reason for the * at your name.
Thanks

@Milos What happened to Omer? Toought he would get a drive again

....So now you theoretically lose nothing in doing so.
I think you have lost out big time by doing this. By replacing one of your main drivers with high skill, with a test* driver with low Q-Skill has dropped your average result and cost you 2HP imo due to not reaching your achievable goal. We lucked out really and only just made our goal. However, if you have another motive then maybe there really is no loss... :ninja::laugh:

Last edited:
Test comments:
Good solid result for me, not so much for Jamie though. The impact of the 6 Quali BHP that Néron deployed seemed to have little impact thus far, but I'm sure it's worth will show in the coming races. :)

RD seem to get a really nice boost for both drivers as well as their cars, good on them :thumbsup:

Upgrades:

Budget: $0
Test Income: +15 Skill
+5 Quali Skill
+10 Race Skill

Total of Expenses: 15 Skill
Remaining Budget: $0

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 800
Race BHP: 799
CoF: 5075
Quali Skill: 16075
Race Skill: 16200
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Will update once @William Néron allocates the team bonus.

I think you have lost out big time by doing this. By replacing one of your main drivers with high skill, with a test* driver with low Q-Skill has dropped your average result and cost you 2HP imo due to not reaching your achievable goal. We lucked out really and only just made our goal. However, if you have another motive then maybe there really is no loss... :ninja::laugh:
I knew what we were doing, had I gotten one extra space (which is where I've averaged the past few practice sessions), we'd have gotten something, and it would have been doubled too, i.e no loss whatsoever.
But we aren't a great example due to how our car is setup, some lower teams that could have had testers might find that they do really well and perform up to the standard of the normal driver. And that's when you lose nothing and gain heaps.

Razor-Logo.png

Bonus +2 Q-HP

RAIN WASHES UTZER TO THE FRONT
07 - France - Qualifying.png

A large rain shower scuppered the field in Dijon today, most notably that of the runaway championship leader Nathan Cornes.
But at the front it was Ben Utzer who was able to get the most of the current conditions to head to the top late in the session. Just overhauling James McNamara, the German driver should be confident, if not for the bright green racing machine behind him of Jamie Cocks. We shouldn't forget that his teammate won here last season while Utzer span off...
Daniel Harvey was a surprise fourth, ahead of Sigoulakis and Rautavaara who get to share the third row. Pablo Diehl was very strong in seventh, with Takuma Ishikawa next to him, the Japanese driver is likely Razor's best chance this round. Tapio Rinneaho was a strong ninth and Aaron Reed continued his recent one lap form with a tenth.
Behind though... last season winner here Bohner finds himself in 14th and a lot of work to do. Nathan Cornes in 16th in his worst single session of his career, while Kederer found himself over a second off the pace from 21st.
Commentators Comments: The rain has again hit and while not as bad as earlier in the season, it's still made a hell of a difference. Cornes has a long way forward, he won from 15th in China but I can't see a strategy like that working here. He'll make overtakes for sure but I doubt we'll see him capture 7 straight podiums today. Moving away from that, Utzer should comfortably take the lead at the start, and I'd expect Cocks to be following him. That could well be the race there, although Ishikawa isn't too far away and we're still waiting on him to have a big race.
Podium Tips: J. Cocks, T. Ishikawa, B. Utzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back