RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Press Paddock. No question is off limits.
No problem. I just wanted to mention it was some kind of typical journalistic provocating. German Sky did that today to Nico Rosberg with asking: How much would you like to kick your car now?
He stopped for some time and said that he would not kick the car, but.... :p

No problem. I just wanted to mention it was some kind of typical journalistic provocating. German Sky did that today to Nico Rosberg with asking: How much would you like to kick your car now?
He stopped for some time and said that he would not kick the car, but.... :p
haha, so I've got a realistic press paddock, this makes me happy :D

TAPIO OUTLASTS THE CARNAGE
View attachment 107667
For the first time, we were given a fully dry Australian Grand Prix. We've come to the conclusion that we liked it being wet...
A record 10 classified finishers, of which only were 9 were still running at the end of lap 58 is how Season 3 was begun. Collisions, failures, mistakes, the race had it all.
In the end, it was Tapio Rinneaho who, in one fell swoop, vindicated his decision to leave DTK and provided redemption for a Falcon team that should have won this very race in S2. While the Finn got the trophy for the Hungarian team, the early failure of Rob Sharp's car yet again brings problems to the team.
Second place went to the local rookie Nathan Cornes. Having been hit off by childhood friend Aaron Reed, then his teammate Takuma Ishikawa, you'd be forgiven for thinking maybe he didn't want to race too much. But all the while, it seemed that the Australian was simply biding his time, and quickly made his move in the last 20 laps, taking fastest lap after fastest lap and, in time, taking everyone in front of him. One of those cars was the RD of Harry Costello, another rookie. Costello was able to get his positions early, but struggled late in the race, just holding out Joel Rautavaara at the final line, the Finn having an unspectacular race.
Tobi Kederer took 5th in his driving début, even after a large tangle with James McNamara while both were running on the podium. Defending champ Jamie Cocks made up 13 spots for points, ahead of Stephan Bohner who impressed but was successfully denied in being able to keep his higher positions. Daniel Harvey showed some speed but, similar to Bohner, only has 8th to show for it. Vimal Ana stayed out of the heavy trouble to secure 9th, while McNamara was rewarded a point even though he didn't complete the final two laps, the Australian on a charge until his retirement.
Behind, well you can't really get much from it. Really the most controversial retirement was that of Ishikawa, the Japanese driver made a move on Cornes, but only succeeded in colliding with his teammate. The resultant spin was fine until Oorjit Mishra was the unlucky driver to be left with nowhere to go, ripping off the front right wheel of Ishikawa. Likewise, the scariest retirement was definitely Rui Martins, running off at Turn 14 and destroying the entire left side of the car.

But I strongly suggest just watching the video, it was worth :D

Next round is from Shanghai for the first Chinese Grand Prix, marketplace closes 10am AEDT Thursday.

RDFIA Press Conference
@TTupsi A massive statement today, now where do you guys look? Are we thinking title yet?
@C0rrUpti0Nz An amazing début, and showing off the good speed of the Razor, what can we expect from here?
@Costello Much like Nathan, a great debut for you today, were you happy with your drive?

Press Paddock
@Márk Lintner A great day for Falcon, does this make up for last season?
@kedy89 How was it behind the wheel for once?
@Benutzername Regretting leaving Razor at all? 4 laps vs 2nd place...
@Takuma Ishikawa A bit of an embarrassing moment for you, made worse when you retired as a result. Cleared the air with the team yet?
@William Néron Not too bad for the first race you think?
We will see what we can do, but we must thank to drivers @TTupsi and @Rob Sharp. My drivers was fast without big power in car. This was talent. We will research engine for better chances

General Impression:
The FFG Championship has kicked off again for its third season and again chaos descended on Melbourne straight away. Not so much crash mayhem this time round (even though there were some tussles) as it were reliability issues that really put its mark on the season opener. Only 9 cars finishing and 12 cars retiring from faults with the car and just 1 retirement due to heavy impact.

These issues should not take away the fact that the rookies of this season put on a really good display and with Costello and Cornes even making it onto the podium is an amazing result. Of course congratulations to Rinneaho for managing to cruise to the win relatively unchallenged.

Drivers view / RDFIA Press Conference / Press Paddock:
"On the face of it I'm pretty happy with this result; starting 7th, finishing 7th, pretty decent really. Of course the everlasting question 'what if...?' is always going to be asked. Yes it's too bad I collided with Vimal Ana at turn 3 and yes, I did get hit by McNamara at turn 1 and yes, I could have battled for a podium spot. But to look at it positively, I finished in the points, Jamie finished in the points and only us and DTK managed to bring both cars to the finish in the always hectic season opener at Melbourne. So I'm well pleased with this result."

Upgrades:
Budget: $0
Income: $400
+30 Race Skill ($300)
+10 Quali Skill ($100)

Total of Expenses: $400
Remaining Budget: $0

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 790
Race BHP: 791
CoF: 5075
Quali Skill: 16030
Race Skill: 16090
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Will update once @William Néron posts his team buys.

We definitely got lucky in qualifying as our wet speed looked really good. Race was quite easy after taking the lead. Regardless, we didn't actually expect to win the race and the talk about a possible title is perhaps a little too early.
Anyway, I'm delighted to return to the top step of the podium after coming so close so many times last season!

45 race skill
20 quali skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering