RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Tracks!

South African Grand Prix
Kyalami Circuit (Classic)
The highly popular South African Grand Prix will make it's return in S3, at the exciting classic layout of the Kyalami Circuit. The race will be a blast, in more ways than one, and the moderator is definitely excited to see it returning.

Hungarian Grand Prix
Hungaroring
Two seasons in a row for the Hungarian GP, it's only be guaranteed once, for S1, but has been voted back twice more now. The track seems to not have much going for it, but in two seasons we've seen two epic races, with the chance for a third.

Dutch Grand Prix (tbc)
Zandvoort (classic) (tbc)
Zandvoort makes it's way onto the calendar too, the Dutch circuit however will be the longer, classic version as opposed to the newer version. However, the circuit is subject to final RDFIA approval and may well be replaced.

Moderators Picks

Austrian Grand Prix

Osterreichring
As promised after the problems last season, the Osterreichring will be hosting the Austrian GP in S3 after two previous seasons at the A1 Ring. We think that Pablo Diehl might enjoy this change.

Serbian Grand Prix (tbc)
Miseluk (tbc)
Making it's way onto the calendar is the weird and wacky Miseluk circuit in Serbia. Not normally for something as highly powered as a FFG car, the circuit's straights may well offer some decent racing nonetheless. This track is subject to final approval from the RDFIA like Zandvoort however.

French Grand Prix
Dijon-Prenois
After a successful race last season, Dijon will make it's return as the host of the permanent French Grand Prix. No French tracks were voted in, thus the first option was a return to the track.

Japanese Grand Prix
Suzuka
Like Dijon, Suzuka makes it's way back onto the calendar amidst not enough votes to take the race elsewhere. Suzuka will host it's third race this season as the grand prix moves to being a permanent fixture with no permanent home.
Hungaroring?! Wut, didn't saw that one coming

Japanese Grand Prix
Suzuka
Like Dijon, Suzuka makes it's way back onto the calendar amidst not enough votes to take the race elsewhere. Suzuka will host it's third race this season as the grand prix moves to being a permanent fixture with no permanent home.

*cough AIDA *cough

Seriously I'm sure there was quite a few votes for Aida. Who voted for damn Suzuka :D

Kyalami - yay
Hungary - WTF? It was a rubbish race last year. Why did it get voted in again?
Zandvoort - Should be good
Osterreichring - Hopefully it'll work
Miseluk - If it works, this should be good. I liked getting tracks competitors made in the calendar in rFactor, so it seems fair to do it here.
Dijon - Was a good race
Suzuka - Fuji is better

Do I have a clause for quitting if I don't like the tracks @Jimlaad43?
Miseluk, seriously? Not suitable for formula cars, and not even finished!? In that case let me vote for Pedro's wip versions of Brands Hatch and Zolder. Cota, Donington, Hungaroring...

Do I have a clause for quitting if I don't like the tracks @Jimlaad43?
Miseluk, seriously? Not suitable for formula cars, and not even finished!? In that case let me vote for Pedro's wip versions of Brands Hatch and Zolder. Cota, Donington, Hungaroring...
Miseluk is at least a tbc track, so it can change. Hopefully for something also good if it does...

I'm always open to increasing the banned tracks list. I just need confirmation that they should be on it.
There are a few tracks that aren't guaranteed to be here, otherwise, that's just how it is.

I'm always open to increasing the banned tracks list. I just need confirmation that they should be on it.
There are a few tracks that aren't guaranteed to be here, otherwise, that's just how it is.
I suggest we move all the tracks to that list which in gp4 it's impossible to overtake on, starting with monaco, singapore and *cough* hungaroring *cough*

I suggest we move all the tracks to that list which in gp4 it's impossible to overtake on, starting with monaco, singapore and *cough* hungaroring *cough*
Hungaroring (new layout) allows overtaking, but it seems to vary from race to race. I've had races with lots of action there, but also dull ones. There are a few more tracks that fit that category.

Hungaroring (new layout) allows overtaking, but it seems to vary from race to race. I've had races with lots of action there, but also dull ones. There are a few more tracks that fit that category.
That's going to be the case with any track in real life. The amount of times that I decided to sleep instead of watching a race, and then it ended up as a great, exciting race. Sometimes it just works, sometimes it won't.

Hungaroring doesn't seem like a track in which it's easy to overtake. Though we've seen some good races in the F1 Sim Career there so let's hope this one won't be a dull one. *Hoping for a 50% race there*

In all honesty, this is hilarious. Aidanhas allowed us to choose half the tracks with free rein and completely fairly. After counting them up and putting in the ones hat got the most votes, all we're doing is complaining (me included)
Miseluk is a good addition. I know how passionately Milos wants it, and the amount of work he's pur into getting it usable for RD races, so its only fair that we give it a chance.

Miseluk is a good addition. I know how passionately Milos wants it, and the amount of work he's pur into getting it usable for RD races, so its only fair that we give it a chance.
It's not even released, I mean what's the point voting wip tracks. As said, could have gone with Brands Hatch and Zolder by Pedro then. Both wip, and by the looks of the pictures he has shown far more progressed than Miseluk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes