RD Formula FG Championship Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aidan Keranen: May I ask how you decide on whether an engine is tier 2 or 3? Asking as I was a bit surprised to see Porsche in tier 3.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 are locked in, namely they've been F1 engine makers more recently (since 90's).
the criteria for Tier 3 is to be a manufacturer that is either large or has previously made some engines beforehand, but these are on a case-by-case basis.

Hence that is why Porsche is a T3 engine, yes they made F1 engines, but that was the 80's, and I don't count GT or Prototype racing recently as attributing to the tiers. Perhaps a large cleanup of Tier engines around S5 or so might change that.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 are locked in, namely they've been F1 engine makers more recently (since 90's).
the criteria for Tier 3 is to be a manufacturer that is either large or has previously made some engines beforehand, but these are on a case-by-case basis.

Hence that is why Porsche is a T3 engine, yes they made F1 engines, but that was the 80's, and I don't count GT or Prototype racing recently as attributing to the tiers. Perhaps a large cleanup of Tier engines around S5 or so might change that.
So the 2 years that Lamborghini ('93) was longer in F1 compared to Porsche ('91) made them tier 2? Already expected that only F1 counts.

Edit: even Supertec and Playlife were later, but they make more sense as tier 3 as they basically were tuned Renault engines afaik.

So the 2 years that Lamborghini ('93) was longer in F1 compared to Porsche ('91) made them tier 2? Already expected that only F1 counts.
Lamborghini was closer than Porsche, I felt that at the time I was compiling a list of engines that were largely known from the 90's, whereas the Porsche engines were more as being the 80's, in fact I didn't even think/remember of the 1991 Porsche engines.

Lamborghini was closer than Porsche, I felt that at the time I was compiling a list of engines that were largely known from the 90's, whereas the Porsche engines were more as being the 80's, in fact I didn't even think/remember of the 1991 Porsche engines.
Thanks for clarifying, had thought that tier 1 are current F1 engines (except Ford/Honda), tier 2 former suppliers, tier 3 non-F1 manufacturers and tuned engines (Supertec, Megatron etc).

Thanks for clarifying, had thought that tier 1 are current F1 engines (except Ford/Honda), tier 2 former suppliers, tier 3 non-F1 manufacturers and tuned engines (Supertec, Megatron etc).
yeah, I was going to look at changing Ford/Cosworth and Honda/Mugen around next season, but if I wait until S5 or so, then I can completely re-arrange how it all works.
But currently thats how it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Standard game content