RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

for the tyres, the GPGSL board hasn't allowed Aidan to start his series before theirs, as he's using their tyres.
You should also add that it's the first season the GPGSL uses these tyres, else it wouldn't have been a problem if the FFG had started before the GPGSL.

Last edited:
GP4 league running on grandprixgames.org, currently about to start its 10th season. Still 2 testdriver vacancies, if someone is interested :)
Hmm, interesting, I read the rules and it seems that in this league they do have a skill carry over, similar to what I was suggesting before :O_o::laugh: and also the AI errors seem to be regulated to, I wonder if they nicked my pit stop strategy in MD idea lol

In all seriousness, that looks like a solid way of running a championship. Is that what you have in mind for this series as well @Aidan Keranen? I think this series has that potential :thumbsup:

@kedy89 I might consider joining, but I'm not sure yet. Have to check how much time I have and how active a Test driver in that league will be. Also, I'm not sure how to go about making a helmet (as that's required) I have no skill (maybe not the patience either) to make one, hence I'm just content with the basic blue/yellow one Aidan provided me with in season 1.

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting, I read the rules and it seems that in this league they do have a skill carry over, similar to what I was suggesting before :O_o::laugh: and also the AI errors seem to be regulated to, I wonder if they nicked my pit stop strategy in MD idea lol

In all seriousness, that looks like a solid way of running a championship. Is that what you have in mind for this series as well @Aidan Keranen? I think this series has that potential :thumbsup:
You've said this many times, but Aidan doesn't want to do it. A constant barrage of requests will only hurt your attempts to get it implemented.

You've said this many times, but Aidan doesn't want to do it. A constant barrage of requests will only hurt your attempts to get it implemented.
I wasn't requesting anything Jim, just stating an observation and comparing between both series, albeit with a small tongue in cheek reference. I know Aidan's stance on those ideas, which is absolutely fine :)

I wasn't requesting anything Jim, just stating an observation and comparing between both series, albeit with a small tongue in cheek reference. I know Aidan's stance on those ideas, which is absolutely fine :)
I have no intention of using the GPGSL method, as that is the GPGSL and this is FFG. We've made a large step at RD that differentiates us from GPG, namely that we use a monetary system in practically every series, whereas the main two series there stick to a perf based system.
That's why they can have a carry over like that, as they need some way to differentiate between winning and finishing 15th. We have a monetary system that in essence replaces the need for that.

for the tyres, the GPGSL board hasn't allowed Aidan to start his series before theirs, as he's using their tyres.
not quite true, I offered to wait, and they then requested that I should. At no point did they make me wait.

I have no intention of using the GPGSL method, as that is the GPGSL and this is FFG. We've made a large step at RD that differentiates us from GPG, namely that we use a monetary system in practically every series, whereas the main two series there stick to a perf based system.
That's why they can have a carry over like that, as they need some way to differentiate between winning and finishing 15th. We have a monetary system that in essence replaces the need for that.
I see what you mean, of course both series should be different. In essence I was asking if you had plans for the RD FFG series to go more in depth in terms of driver/team development (in general) in the future (long term). Not with the exact system GPGSL uses and not with the ideas I have voiced before, but one that would fit more into the FFG series.

I see what you mean, of course both series should be different. In essence I was asking if you had plans for the RD FFG series to go more in depth in terms of driver/team development (in general) in the future (long term). Not with the exact system GPGSL uses and not with the ideas I have voiced before, but one that would fit more into the FFG series.
naturally. just because the game is working now, doesn't mean that in 3-4 seasons time it is still relevant.
I'd like to think that FFG will act in a DotA 2/LoL cross F1 way, that each season brings changes and balances to the game to overall make a fair and fun competition.

There will be ideas that come along that will be easy to implement, and some (as we've witnessed) are not as easy and may never actually get through. But should something come along, it will be considered and may get through.

Last edited:

@kedy89 I might consider joining, but I'm not sure yet. Have to check how much time I have and how active a Test driver in that league will be. Also, I'm not sure how to go about making a helmet (as that's required) I have no skill (maybe not the patience either) to make one, hence I'm just content with the basic blue/yellow one Aidan provided me with in season 1.
AI errors are regulated, pit stop strategy won't stand a chance. Races are 40min, means they're too short to allow different strategies. Everyone is set on one stop, to guarantee equal chances.

Test drivers run in the free practice sessions, occasionally there are feature races (at least 2, 1st and last round). Activity checks are all 14 days, means you have to make at least 1 post within that period, no matter whether there was a race in the meantime or not. No checks during off-season.

For a helmet just ask in the thread, I'm pretty sure there'll be someone who'll help you :)

@Aidan Keranen sorry for the off topic :whistling:

AI errors are regulated, pit stop strategy won't stand a chance. Races are 40min, means they're too short to allow different strategies. Everyone is set on one stop, to guarantee equal chances.

Test drivers run in the free practice sessions, occasionally there are feature races (at least 2, 1st and last round). Activity checks are all 14 days, means you have to make at least 1 post within that period, no matter whether there was a race in the meantime or not. No checks during off-season.

For a helmet just ask in the thread, I'm pretty sure there'll be someone who'll help you :)

@Aidan Keranen sorry for the off topic :whistling:
no probs.

So I have next week off uni, and not many assignments due, so I'll make sure everything is working fine then. apparently this weekend the GPGSL will be near to go, so we are counting down.

thanks to those who sent in liveries, not everyone has, as such you guys can continue updating your liveries and send in the updated livery a bit later on

So I have next week off uni, and not many assignments due, so I'll make sure everything is working fine then. apparently this weekend the GPGSL will be near to go, so we are counting down.

thanks to those who sent in liveries, not everyone has, as such you guys can continue updating your liveries and send in the updated livery a bit later on
So does this mean we're almost at starting point;)

So the GPGSL have started to publish some photos, there are some teams that have requested some in game screenshots, they shall be delivered, albeit with standard tyres. Any teams that want in game shots of their cars with the new tyres will have to wait until after the testers session of the GPGSL is conducted.
As I was mentioning to someone (I can't remember who), I am feeling that the first round may be run about the 17th of April, meaning the Pre-Season test would be around the 10th-13th and the marketplace closing on the 16th. I won't be accepting liveries after the 12th. So that means that by the end of this week, you need them done. Will have a cut off point of 10am AEST Monday. Updates will be accepted up until then as well. Liveries after this point (I will be harsh) will be initiated in round 2, the shape will be a SMD-09a with a basic color and numbers. Nothing else.

If a problem with a livery is found I will be more lenient with getting it fixed before the first round, but that will be on a situational basis.

Otherwise, get ready guys!

So the GPGSL have started to publish some photos, there are some teams that have requested some in game screenshots, they shall be delivered, albeit with standard tyres. Any teams that want in game shots of their cars with the new tyres will have to wait until after the testers session of the GPGSL is conducted.
As I was mentioning to someone (I can't remember who), I am feeling that the first round may be run about the 17th of April, meaning the Pre-Season test would be around the 10th-13th and the marketplace closing on the 16th. I won't be accepting liveries after the 12th. So that means that by the end of this week, you need them done. Will have a cut off point of 10am AEST Monday. Updates will be accepted up until then as well. Liveries after this point (I will be harsh) will be initiated in round 2, the shape will be a SMD-09a with a basic color and numbers. Nothing else.

If a problem with a livery is found I will be more lenient with getting it fixed before the first round, but that will be on a situational basis.

Otherwise, get ready guys!
Noise, almost ready eh, can't wait for the pre-season test to see who's where

BRT drivers @Diehl and @Benutzername testing the new BRT02 at Silverstone
DIE.jpg

UTZ.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 93 91.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 34 33.3%