RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

Welcome to the Off Season thread. Feel free to release all your team news as you need here. Signings, car unveilings, common banter, this is the place to do it. This is also where I will post some of the finer details on rule changes.
This thread will be reopened as each off season starts, so make sure you find a comfy place to sit, it won't be changing that often.

For the point of organisation, here is where every off season will start
Season 1/2 Off Season - here

I have slightly edited the DTK livery even more. It has a few "Easter Eggs" which I kinda hope/don't hope appear during the season. :roflmao::unsure:

A deadline for liverys would still be nice. Or a date when we know the deadline (EARLY ENOUGH).

Cause i need to finish the livery... But am quite busy atm.

Hey hello everyone

Nice one Aiden, can't wait for S2

As you maybe know, we as Speedy Racing are going to drive with a bugatti motor. Let's hope it'll bring us some luck;)

Last edited by a moderator:
But yes indeed speedy racing will be using T3 bugatti engines in S2, and no not the twin-turbo 1000hp ones from the veyron, our chassis would not be able to handle that. Speaking about the chassis, it's called the SR2-B

• Deleted member 161052

But yes indeed speedy racing will be using T3 bugatti engines in S2, and no not the twin-turbo 1000hp ones from the veyron, our chassis would not be able to handle that. Speaking about the chassis, it's called the SR2-B
And what about our livery?

speedy racing season 2 car reveal
speedy racing has revealed the SR2-B, their car for the second season of the FFG championship, powered by bugatti engines and a more aerodynamic chassis, they hope to be even more competative as last season
speedy S2 1.png
speedy S2 2.png

As the discussion about the proposed rule changes are going to take place here, I'll simply copy/paste my reply from the season 1 thread here:

Retired Drivers:
Good plan, makes sense to keep things level for when those drivers decide to return. But as kedy89 said; do differentiate between 'kicked for inactivity' retired drivers and those who decide to retire themselves.

Qualifying Rewards:
I haven't payed much attention to this type of rewards. This was only linked to a couple of specific sponsors, right? I can now see though that some might have benefited quite a bit from these. Maybe scrap qualifying rewards all together, as a qualifying session is just a means to and end, ie. qualifying just determines the starting positions of the race and the race results are to be rewarded.

Test Drivers:
Makes sense.

Chosen Tracks and Calender:
The decision to have Monaco feature only once every 4 seasons or so sounds like a good plan as it's indeed not very good for overtaking and proper open racing. I haven't got any suggestions myself really and just wait in anticipation for the races to be featured in season 2. Well maybe, the pit stop idea I voiced before could prevent stuff like Monaco and it's re-run happen ever again, but unless Aidan changes his mind on that that seems unlikely :p

Engine Maker "Guarantee":
Unless this counts for all teams it's a nono really. As all other ideas so far have been aiming to keep the playing field level and other ideas for "sense of progression" have been shot down due to the fact that they were deemed to create a non-level playing field then this should not happen either. Even if the boost would be just 1 BHP, it's an advantage gained over other teams. So either apply this to all teams and not just the winner of the constructors championship or not do it at all.

New Team Cash:
In my opinion new teams should start with the same budget every other team started off with at the start of season 1. I can't recall whether that was $1000 excluding contract money, or $1500 including contract money. Either way it's fair to give new teams that same budget as any other team when they started the series.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 4.7%