RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

k6d24dlrq7uyjv8zg.jpg

We are happy to anounce the 2nd season FML15 car with new engine SUBARU and drivers
14. CSÁKÓ LÁSZLÓ
15. ROB SHARP
Looks pretty cool :thumbsup:

Just to notify everyone, we are close to getting a proper date, as the GPGSL is close to unveiling their calendar, so hopefully they will also announce a starting date. Which means that we might just be underway soon! (won't be before March 22 though)

Tbh its a bit too wild and unsettled for me. But i always like to see that there are really people who really think about their livery and do the effort to make one. Takes much time

some of the lines appear a bit pixelated, but that might also be due to image quality.
A bit too much for my taste, similar to Ben, but everyone has different preferences :)

I have neglected in the regulations the Tier 1 'factory support' ruling that the top team with a T1 engine gets them at half price the next season...
if you look here, you'll see that the idea has been in the pipeline for a long time.

Also something we will look at during off season 2/3, that Ford/Cosworth is replaced by Honda/Mugen-Honda as a T1 engine, and Ford/Cosworth becomes a T2 engine. But that won't happen this season.

I have neglected in the regulations the Tier 1 'factory support' ruling that the top team with a T1 engine gets them at half price the next season...
if you look here, you'll see that the idea has been in the pipeline for a long time.

Also something we will look at during off season 2/3, that Ford/Cosworth is replaced by Honda/Mugen-Honda as a T1 engine, and Ford/Cosworth becomes a T2 engine. But that won't happen this season.
Only because you want a T2 Cosworth :roflmao:

No seriously, you should have a list of engines, and each season randomise which T they go into.

Only because you want a T2 Cosworth :roflmao:

No seriously, you should have a list of engines, and each season randomise which T they go into.
If I be honest, I'd change to the Honda, or a separate T2 engine. The whole selection process for the tiered engines is following current F1, and as Honda are returning, while Cosworth haven't raced for a while now, it makes more sense to swap them over. Alternatively they can stay like that.

I wasn't aware of the cost of engines. So if I get this right, teams buy their engines which cost $100 for Tier 3, $200 for Tier 2 and $400 for Tier 1? Did this happen in Season 1 to? If so, what were the cash levels that all teams started with at season 1? $1500 all inclusive?

I can recall that upon me signing for N-Tech I got $300 for signing and @William Néron still had a $1100 budget for upgrades for the car and seeing N-Tech used the Supertec engine which is Tier 3 (so it cost $100) that would total to a budget of $1500, did all teams start with that?

If so, then your proposed $1000 budget for new teams is a bit harsh really, if the team needs to buy a engine + pay drivers for a contract before being able to buy upgrades with the leftovers, that would put new teams at a bigger disadvantage than I thought. Like I said in my previous bit about the new team budget, it should be at least on a par with what each team started with in season 1, ie. $1500

And regarding the current teams, if teams choose to stay with the same engine manufacturer, do they still pay another $100, $200 or $400 respectively to continue using that engine in season 2 or wouldn't pay anything at all and only pay if you change to a different engine manufacturer (even when it's in the same tier)?

Even the engine manufacturers guarantee could tie into this maybe. Scrap the extra BHP for falling below the median, but discount the winner of the constructors title on buying their engine for next season, but not any more than $50 tops. So the winner of the constructors title would pay for a Tier 3 just $50 instead of $100, for a Tier 2 just $150 instead of $200 and for a Tier 1 just $350 instead of $400. This way the winning constructor has a small bonus, though values stay untouched, which in my opinion seems fair to both the winner of the constructors title as to all other teams.

EDIT: @Aidan Keranen could you explain what you mean with "Boost per race" in that explanation? The 5 BHP for Tier 1, 3 BHP for Tier 2 and 1 BHP for Tier 1?

I wasn't aware of the cost of engines. So if I get this right, teams buy their engines which cost $100 for Tier 3, $200 for Tier 2 and $400 for Tier 1? Did this happen in Season 1 to? If so, what were the cash levels that all teams started with at season 1? $1500 all inclusive?

I can recall that upon me signing for N-Tech I got $300 for signing and @William Néron still had a $1100 budget for upgrades for the car and seeing N-Tech used the Supertec engine which is Tier 3 (so it cost $100) that would total to a budget of $1500, did all teams start with that?

If so, then your proposed $1000 budget for new teams is a bit harsh really, if the team needs to buy a engine + pay drivers for a contract before being able to buy upgrades with the leftovers, that would put new teams at a bigger disadvantage than I thought. Like I said in my previous bit about the new team budget, it should be at least on a par with what each team started with in season 1, ie. $1500

And regarding the current teams, if teams choose to stay with the same engine manufacturer, do they still pay another $100, $200 or $400 respectively to continue using that engine in season 2 or wouldn't pay anything at all and only pay if you change to a different engine manufacturer (even when it's in the same tier)?

Even the engine manufacturers guarantee could tie into this maybe. Scrap the extra BHP for falling below the median, but discount the winner of the constructors title on buying their engine for next season, but not any more than $50 tops. So the winner of the constructors title would pay for a Tier 3 just $50 instead of $100, for a Tier 2 just $150 instead of $200 and for a Tier 1 just $350 instead of $400. This way the winning constructor has a small bonus, though values stay untouched, which in my opinion seems fair to both the winner of the constructors title as to all other teams.

EDIT: @Aidan Keranen could you explain what you mean with "Boost per race" in that explanation? The 5 BHP for Tier 1, 3 BHP for Tier 2 and 1 BHP for Tier 1?
you need to disregard the majority of that post, those boosts never made it from the idea board to the live game.

and everyone started with $1000 so far as I can see in S1, so there is no disadvantage. The entire point of the game is that a team can start behind the competition, but smart sponsors and a bit of luck will see them catch up. So no, it is staying at $1000. But if a team takes on silly sponsors (e.g. strong quali-poor race car, tries for the 'Make 10 places' sponsor, that is just idiotic frankly) then they really should have taken the time to think about it a bit more.

the 'Factory Support' (as I like to now call it) is only for T1 engines, that is all it was ever meant for. The point being that the T1 engines are the most expensive, they are likely to have enough cash to see their star #1 team do well.

As for the $50 bonus, I am not entirely willing to go for that. That $50 isn't particularly useful. Some may disagree with this, but if there is going to be any sort of carry over, it will be the HP when under the median for the winning engine. If there is no support for this (and if that's the case, that's ok) then it won't happen. Simple as that. But I will formally ask for opinions on this closer to season start, namely when I am writing up the revised regulations

Then we when we have next season again mercedes engine we will have half price for upgrade ?

yes, you would have it at half price, and Speedy would get Ferrari at half price if they wanted it too
Don't like that, with 4 tier 1 engines and 11 teams, there'll most likely be at least one supplier that's only associated with one team (S1 2KF1, plus Renault wasn't chosen). That means a guaranteed price drop, putting the tier 1 engine on level with tier 2 cost-wise, but most likely better values. The teams with tier 2 and 3 engines get nothing for sticking with their supplier though.

Don't like that, with 4 tier 1 engines and 11 teams, there'll most likely be at least one supplier that's only associated with one team (S1 2KF1, plus Renault wasn't chosen). That means a guaranteed price drop, putting the tier 1 engine on level with tier 2 cost-wise, but most likely better values. The teams with tier 2 and 3 engines get nothing for sticking with their supplier though.
this was always part of the reasons on taking T1 engines, in which case I also didn't think that there would be such a diverse selection of engines. But this was a reason on taking T1 engines and I feel it will stay in

The Tier 1 upgrades still cost more though ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.3%