RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

nope, tier 1 and tier 2 upgrades both cost 200$
Tier 1:
Ferrari, Ford/Cosworth, Mercedes, Renault
HP Range: 780-785. COF Range: 4000-4800. Boost per race: 5 HP.
Cost to purchase: $400. Cost per HP upgrade: $300
Tier 1 engine manufacturers have enough money, thus the single best supplied team using their engine will receive their engines at a reduced price the next season.

Tier 2:
BMW, Honda, Lamborghini, Peugeot, Toyota, Yamaha
HP Range: 770-790. COF Range: 3800-5500. Boost per race: 3 HP
Cost to purchase: $200. Cost per HP upgrade: $300
Tier 2 engines are designed to take on the Tier 1 engines if they hit a good number. However, they can quickly turn sour if a lower range number is hit.

Tier 3:
Any former manufacturer or a current manufacturer that produces decent amounts of vehicles.
HP Range: 760-795. COF Range 4200-6000. Boost per race: 1 HP
Cost to purchase: $100. Cost per HP upgrade $200
Cheap and cheerful, these engines could be the most powerful, or dismally behind the competition. They tend to be less reliable, and the boost is poor. But put money into the company and they can find HP at a much cheaper rate.

More in info from Aidan here In HOF THREAD (when is actually)

This is say the tier 1(for 2nd season engine) upgrade is for next season 150 and tier 2 is 300 ?

I know but Aidan Linked this site in second page
that link was only to highlight this
Tier 1:
Tier 1 engine manufacturers have enough money, thus the single best supplied team using their engine will receive their engines at a reduced price the next season.
section, not all the ideas actually brought forward. All I was saying is that if anyone is suspicious of the timing of the idea, it was always intended to be in the game, but I seem to have left it out of the regulations.
As for the rest of the post, disregard it completely

If possible, could teams release their chosen engine and car shape they intend to use this season? Pictures of the car are welcomed but not necessary.
Remember to read which engines are in which Tier, and also if you are taking a T3 engine I have to first approve it.

Also, planning to add a rule in regards to car shapes, that (aside from the SMD-09a) no single shape can be used by two teams in a season (as we had last season). This then will expand to being that the shape cannot be used by a rival team for a season.
So e.g. last season 2KF1 used the 2012 McLaren. We could use it this season, but won't. No one can use it S2, but it is able to be used in S3 again. This is so that we don't have a shape that was used by one team get immediately used by another. Of course the SMD-09a is exempt from that.

If possible, could teams release their chosen engine and car shape they intend to use this season? Pictures of the car are welcomed but not necessary.
Remember to read which engines are in which Tier, and also if you are taking a T3 engine I have to first approve it.
Engine the same, as previously stated. Shape will be revealed at the same time as the livery. Will include the tweaker positions, if that's why you're asking.

Engine the same, as previously stated. Shape will be revealed at the same time as the livery. Will include the tweaker positions, if that's why you're asking.
reckon you could send me what shape you are using, so that someone doesn't accidentally take it from underneath you

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 73 65.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 25 22.3%
Back