RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

All in all I had a great season, some better races than others but finishing in fourth is great. About those ideas, I like them apart from the extra hp for the winning constructor. And if Zandvoort would comeback it would be great.:)

R=881, Q=882 -> boosted to R=882 and Q=883
Aidan, this is 2 BHP boost, not just one like you said. But I'm still against it, 1 BHP is very expencive in today's world :laugh:

about tracks, ABSOLUTELY NOT Austin.
would love to keep Monaco as an ART home track, but I do understand it gives no racing at all.
Definetly would like to see Bathurst on the calendar!
Le Mans would also be cool if it has been made.
and what is wrong with Singapore :p The big DRS straight and turn 1 could perhaps give some overtaking! It's a track I like a lot aswell.
And finally, old Spa over new Spa, as we won't get rid of it anyway, I feel like it's better/more exciting to have the old layout.

And, if it's possible to convert rFactor or Assetto Corsa tracks to GP4, just if, I'd like to see Mišeluk make an appearance :p

General Impression:
Suzuka provided quite the spectacle for a season finale. A lot of off track action at Turn 1, 2, at the S's and the final chicane. Through all the madness Hunsley came out on top again, but the most fortunate were Sharp with a very impressive 4th place, Lintner in a final push to end his season on a high in 5th and a very solid performance by Barrett in 7th.

Drivers view/Press Paddock:

"I'm a bit disappointed with my performance at Suzuka. After the early stages where both Apex cars retired I felt quite at ease knowing that the 6th place in the constructors championship for N-Tech would be safe, were it not that due to the very good performance of the Monster cars things could become tricky. When I was trying to push again I made a mistake at Spoon and went off twice more at the final chicane, which left my aim for a podium and later for any points at all in tatters. This also meant I couldn't overtake Black for 11th in the drivers championship, which should have been a realistic goal, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. I felt quite relieved however, hearing on the on board radio the Lintner managed to hold on to finish 5th and earn some good points to really be safe in 6th in the constructors standings."
How did you enjoy the season, what are you looking for next season?
"This season was an eye opener for me. As a rookie to forum games / forum based simulated racing I was quite in the dark at the start. But after a few rounds I think I got the hang of things and started to work a lot better in the factory, in the simulator and eventually on track. After this rookie season I'm happy to end 12th in the drivers championship. Now I know what I am doing and having had a sneak peak at the development of next seasons' car, I am looking very confidently towards the next season. My personal highlight of the season was my first points finish in the poring rain of Malaysia, that was just fantastic. My personal low of the season has to be the decision of the FIA to re-run the Monaco GP, where I got robbed of 10 valuable drivers championship points."

As a general impression on the series:
The way this series has been set up, participated in and way of coverage and commentating has been really enjoyable. I never got into forum games, but having participated in this it's very immersive and I found myself glued to the forum / Aidan's Youtube channel on the days that the races would be uploaded. I even showed and explained it to my younger brother and dad whilst watching the second part of the Belgian GP on tv via Youtube and they were quite impressed on how it worked as well.

As to the proposed changes:

Retired Drivers:
Good plan, makes sense to keep things level for when those drivers decide to return. But as @kedy89 said; do differentiate between 'kicked for inactivity' retired drivers and those who decide to retire themselves.

Qualifying Rewards:
I haven't payed much attention to this type of rewards. This was only linked to a couple of specific sponsors, right? I can now see though that some might have benefited quite a bit from these. Maybe scrap qualifying rewards all together, as a qualifying session is just a means to and end, ie. qualifying just determines the starting positions of the race and the race results are to be rewarded.

Test Drivers:
Makes sense.

Chosen Tracks and Calender:
The decision to have Monaco feature only once every 4 seasons or so sounds like a good plan as it's indeed not very good for overtaking and proper open racing. I haven't got any suggestions myself really and just wait in anticipation for the races to be featured in season 2. Well maybe, the pit stop idea I voiced before could prevent stuff like Monaco and it's re-run happen ever again, but unless Aidan changes his mind on that that seems unlikely :p

Engine Maker "Guarantee":
Unless this counts for all teams it's a nono really. As all other ideas so far have been aiming to keep the playing field level and other ideas for "sense of progression" have been shot down due to the fact that they were deemed to create a non-level playing field then this should not happen either. Even if the boost would be just 1 BHP, it's an advantage gained over other teams. So either apply this to all teams and not just the winner of the constructors championship or not do it at all.

New Team Cash:
In my opinion new teams should start with the same budget every other team started off with at the start of season 1. I can't recall whether that was $1000 excluding contract money, or $1500 including contract money. Either way it's fair to give new teams that same budget as any other team when they started the series.

Aidan, this is 2 BHP boost, not just one like you said. But I'm still against it, 1 BHP is very expencive in today's world :laugh:

about tracks, ABSOLUTELY NOT Austin.
would love to keep Monaco as an ART home track, but I do understand it gives no racing at all.
Definetly would like to see Bathurst on the calendar!
Le Mans would also be cool if it has been made.
and what is wrong with Singapore :p The big DRS straight and turn 1 could perhaps give some overtaking! It's a track I like a lot aswell.
And finally, old Spa over new Spa, as we won't get rid of it anyway, I feel like it's better/more exciting to have the old layout.

And, if it's possible to convert rFactor or Assetto Corsa tracks to GP4, just if, I'd like to see Mišeluk make an appearance :p

:O_o:

Quali: 883 - 882 = 1
Race: 882 - 881 = 1

Unless my math is super ****.

you still don't get it?
let's say Toyota gets 780, 777 values next season.
So the quali will get bumped by 1, to 781
and race will get bumped by 1, to 778

So both the bumps are a total of 2 BHP and not just 1.
#LoopholeMaster

Circuit proposals:
Road America
Autopolis
Assen
Mugello
Termas de Rio Hondo

The other things sound good, and I agree about the selection between drivers retiring and being inactive.

How did you enjoy the season, what are you looking for next season?

First half of the season went great for Cedars, but then things went terrible. We were fallen behind the development race and became a backmarker team. Still, 5th position in the constructors is a proper result and i hope we will have a good winter.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.6%