RD Formula FG Championship Season 1

already looking forward to next season, the car has been sitting in the factory for a couple of months now and i can't wait to see it driving on to the circuit for the first time, in hope to perform even better than this season :D

All in all a fantastic season, although most the races of the second half of the season were bitter to watch. But nonetheless some exciting races, with great commentating.
Looking forward to seeing the new cars, the chassis of the new BRT is already finished, it's currently in the paint booth. Will also be interesting to see the new calendar, hope we will get a nice selection of tracks.

A big thanks to @Aidan Keranen for running this season, and also to all the commentators we had. You guys did a superb job :thumbsup:

Bring on season 2! :)

I guess this season is officially coming to an end. I have to congratulate our champions, Jack and Jimmy for an amazing job all season long. Thanks to Lesley and Tim for our great time together in Speedy. Last but not at all least, congrats and a big thank you goes to Aidan for making this championship so great and enjoyable, as well as to everyone that commented in S1. I can't wait for S2, see you there!

How did you enjoy the season, what are you looking for next season?
This season was very much crap. So much just totally not enjoyable races, but I liked the introduction of commentaries, and seems like it was getting massive support with track-specific/special liveries for some teams.

So from the entire game aspect, I enjoyed it.
But, looking at just our team, definetly one of the worst experiences I had in a simulation game.

While we are here, I would like to discuss some of the changes for next season, the regulations will be properly written up during the off season, and nothing posted here is 100% final yet.

Retired Drivers
Now looking at the majority of drivers who pulled out this season, it is obvious that they have left with little money. If they were to return, they would instantly be at a disadvantage, even to a new driver. As such, drivers who are 'retired' will be given a $300 bonus for every full season missed. So those who left during Season 1 can get a $300 bonus if they returned in Season 3 (as they must miss all of season 2), $600 if they return in Season 4, $900 if they returned in Season 5, and the max $1000 if they returned in Season 6. They would not get bank.
The point here is that it is unfair to expect someone returning will be able to achieve much if they have $100 budget (as is the case with one driver). Now they can return in a few seasons, and be closer to achieving what they want, but not to the point where missing a season and then coming back fully loaded.

Qualifying Rewards
I won't lie, this wasn't done fantastically this season. The given rewards will no doubt change numerous times over the next few seasons to be able to find a perfect balance, but currently I felt that there was too much to gain from qualifying, cash and track position, such that those taking more risk from further back were quickly overhauled in a few rounds due to a less trustworthy income model. So all qualifying rewards will be reduced, for drivers and teams, in both cash and who it is given to.

Test Drivers
We are still not at the point of allowing test drivers, and probably won't be until Season 3 now.

Chosen Tracks and Calendar
The series will be able to choose an amount of tracks for next season (probably around 7 or so). Monaco will not be eligible, but will return on a basis of probably once per real life year (so we'll say around every 4 seasons or so). There will be no restriction of an amount of tracks from a certain country, and only real life tracks will be chosen. No fictional tracks will be accepted.

Engine Maker "Guarantee"
Something that I have been playing around with is that if the defending engine champion (constructors) is below the median level (882.5 HP) in any of Race or Quali or both values, then they will receive an extra HP or two. Because winning the championship means they should have the experience etc. so it makes sense they wouldn't develop the worst engine of all time, it is slightly better than the worst :D But they must be below the median, e.g.
R=884, Q=883 -> No boost
R=881, Q=882 -> boosted to R=882 and Q=883
R=883, Q=882 -> only quali boosted, to 883.
This is not final, at the moment I am deciding whether to open it up to the top 3 engines in which case it would not be a stacking buff (if the same engine was 2nd and 3rd, they wouldn't get numerous boost HP if under median).
This is just giving an extra little bit, free of charge, because I can recognise that it is rather unlikely to see an constructor/engine become completely useless. Also any constructor using the defending champ engine will be given this boost.

New Team Cash
This was something brought to my attention by a new manager, that the new teams are still only given $1000. Now some may disagree, fair enough, but this is not changing. I won't be allowing a new team to come in at the top financial mark. New teams in various motorsport categories would love to start with heaps of money and resources, but that doesn't happen. It won't happen here either.
If people can't agree with this, then I will allow new teams to start at $1500, then charge $500 to enter the series. Thus you start at $1000 anyway. But that is a last resort, and not something that will be actually added.

So there is the larger ideas that have been given some thought, and all will be made sure to be worded correctly in the regulations.
But in the meantime, the final season report will be on the way soon, not overly soon, but with the next few days hopefully. :thumbsup:

Engine Maker "Guarantee"
Something that I have been playing around with is that if the defending engine champion (constructors) is below the median level (882.5 HP) in any of Race or Quali or both values, then they will receive an extra HP or two. Because winning the championship means they should have the experience etc. so it makes sense they wouldn't develop the worst engine of all time, it is slightly better than the worst :D But they must be below the median, e.g.
R=884, Q=883 -> No boost
R=881, Q=882 -> boosted to R=882 and Q=883
R=883, Q=882 -> only quali boosted, to 883.
This is not final, at the moment I am deciding whether to open it up to the top 3 engines in which case it would not be a stacking buff (if the same engine was 2nd and 3rd, they wouldn't get numerous boost HP if under median).
This is just giving an extra little bit, free of charge, because I can recognise that it is rather unlikely to see an constructor/engine become completely useless. Also any constructor using the defending champ engine will be given this boost.
I don't like this tbh, just this of all the rule changes.

So pretty much, DTK have a 782-782 engine guaranteed (which in last season standards was okay, a bit higher than Cedars, like a tier 1 engine). Even if Toyota gets 775-775 during the off season.
It's not really realistic, but does it need to be? The game is meant for fun, where every team has a chance to dominate, and not just the same team dominating all over again..

Retired drivers
Definitely something to think about. I'd maybe differentiate between kicked due to inactivity and left on his own.

Quali rewards
Yeah, DTK and my team gained a lot thanks to that.

Chosen tracks
Thank you for partially banning Monaco. Some oher tracks could be added to that ban too (Singapore, Oran Park). A bit sad about no fictional tracks, there are a couple of nice ones.

Engine maker guarantee
With the range for a tier 1 engine being only 5 bhp, I don't think DTK will end up in a bad position. They even have 50% off now, which basically means 1 bhp more. Rather fear that for BRT with tier 2 range being 15 bhp.

Edit: Just realised that Toyota is tier 2 as well. Different then, but still you should consider different engine tiers here. Imo a tier 1 engine winning the title doesn't need that (5 range only, 50%). Adding the cash reward after the 2000$ cut off for example would make it unnecessary.

New team cash
Should remain at 1000$ imo.

Last edited:
Rather than giving a bonus to the engine manufacture, it should be for the engine of the winning constructor only, so we don't start a new season with everyone in Toyota engines. Apart from that, nice new rules.

Guys you do realise it is only 1 HP
so if at 777 -> 778. Nothing more
it won't be for just one constructor, if everyone chooses Toyota engines for example then so be it, I for one think that everyone would be shooting themselves in the foot if that happens.
I mean, if everyone changes to toyota so then they get 778 instead of 777, I'd go and get a T1 engine so then I'd be minimum 780.

it's just an extra HP if under the median, I think it is fair enough

Guys you do realise it is only 1 HP
so if at 777 -> 778. Nothing more
it won't be for just one constructor, if everyone chooses Toyota engines for example then so be it, I for one think that everyone would be shooting themselves in the foot if that happens.
I mean, if everyone changes to toyota so then they get 778 instead of 777, I'd go and get a T1 engine so then I'd be minimum 780.

it's just an extra HP if under the median, I think it is fair enough
Hence why I suggested to apply rewards after the 2000$ cut-off. Anyway, BRT takes whatever comes, as long as we come out on top :laugh:

I'm more keen on having an exciting calendar.

I like all ideas, especially the Monaco ban. You can ban it permanently for all I care - what a **** track for racing. Very fun to drive alone though. But that's not racing.

Tracks I'd like to see:
- Istanbul
- New Hungaroring
- Suzuka with improved T1
- Pre-1995 Imola
- Donington
- Austin - don't think there is one yet though

I like all ideas, especially the Monaco ban. You can ban it permanently for all I care - what a **** track for racing. Very fun to drive alone though. But that's not racing.

Tracks I'd like to see:
- Istanbul
- New Hungaroring
- Pre-1995 Imola
- Donington
- Austin - don't think there is one yet though
Suzuka T1 can be fixed by massively reducing the ai errors. The old Imola unfortunately doesn't allow much overtaking, the cars always pull alongside before Tamburello, but back off when entering it. In doing so, they lose too much to try again in Villeneuve or Tosa. Austin has been made.

Suzuka T1 can be fixed by massively reducing the ai errors. The old Imola unfortunately doesn't allow much overtaking, the cars always pull alongside before Tamburello, but back off when entering it. In doing so, they lose too much to try again in Villeneuve or Tosa. Austin has been made.

So does the default Imola, and in fact many other default tracks. Shouldn't single this one track out for this.

- Istanbul
- New Hungaroring
- Pre-1995 Imola
- Donington
- Austin
Yup
Meh/Yep
Nah, just the new track with changes to the S-Curves, Dunlop, 130R and Casio Triangle. Or just got to Fuji, it's much better.
Just don't bother with Imola
YEAH
Meh

I would nominate updated versions of tracks really. New Spa, Hungary, Magny-Cours, Silverstone. Old Hockenheim was a good race, so keep that.
Bathurst would be a good track if available
I second that.

Is Watkins Glen or Long Beach available? Same for Mosport, Sebring, Autodrom Most and Anderstorp?

Yup
Meh/Yep
Nah, just the new track with changes to the S-Curves, Dunlop, 130R and Casio Triangle. Or just got to Fuji, it's much better.
Just don't bother with Imola
YEAH
Meh

I would nominate updated versions of tracks really. New Spa, Hungary, Magny-Cours, Silverstone. Old Hockenheim was a good race, so keep that.

I second that.

Is Watkins Glen or Long Beach available? Same for Mosport, Sebring, Autodrom Most and Anderstorp?
I'd prefer the pre 2010 layout of Silverstone, much better than the current one imo. Watkins Glen is available, Long Beach as well. Mosport, Sebring and Most don't exist, Anderstorp was wip, but the authors disappeared some years ago.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.3%