Rally - WRC The Full Deck - Mon 9th & Tues 10th January 2012

Craig, like I posted "I hope you don't take this the wrong way" and from your response you may have. Also I noted that this event is for fun, but we have to have rules. I take this one rule very seriously - when your first split time is recorded that rally will be your official time. Bottom Line. From what I can see this is an Official Rally Club event w/ posted time results. Yes it is gear towards people giving their opinions of the new cars to help the directors update the rules for S4. (you can always test the cars without it being an event). As for your comment on my Sportsmanship, I will disregard that, it was uncalled for and has nothing to do with that. I didn't want to start any trouble so I will leave it at that. I'll let the directs decide what to do but I'm confident they will side with me.

I hear you mate. I meant no hard feelings Jeff. It's no problem, I understand rules are rules. But just to point out, when this rally club was first posted, no one knew of the update. I checked back and signed up minutes before the start, not all of us check up everyday.

Yeah, if it happens in the future, just keep on going, and send me a screenshot, or HTML file of your stage times.

Not sure if the 'first split -> official time' rule is written anywhere in the Rally Club, but yeah, we go by it. Although, we have allowed re-runs due to technical issues before, so I don't mind.

But if it's for fun, and feedback only, why does it matter if your times count anyway? :p

Yeah I only mean, like if my times don't count I suppose I will show at the bottom of the standings with 8 DNF times. So my times in the 'slightly slower' car cannot be compared with anyone. It's alright, too much drama. I'll give this a miss. As I said before, no hard feelings. :)

Looks like I was wrong, at least to an extent. Good luck Craig!
* Update *
Didn't mean to cause any drama, I would go for it Craig just watch out for that infamous tree on SS1. lol

Jeff and Craig, lets keep the tone friendly in the rally Club, we only do this for casual fun, no sheepstations are won or lost. I think Jeff was only trying to help and was misunderstood, however, Jeff, it's usually best to let Senad or I interpret the Rules in these cases.
I think normally, continuing on and supplying the HTML would normally be ok, but in this case, by not updating RSRBR2012, you would be driving cars with incorrect physics, and therefore we wouldn't be able to count them. The results in this case wouldn't have been helpful to the RDRC either.
So, running in the EUZ Session would have been better, at least we could get some value from the times you drove.

But just to point out, when this rally club was first posted, no one knew of the update. I checked back and signed up minutes before the start, not all of us check up everyday.

I don't accept this one though Craig, it was CLEARLY stated in the original Event post (at the top) that "Update 01 is scheduled for release this weekend, please check here for it's release and more info.".

It was repeated again in the NOTES section further down.

I then updated the post to install it, as soon as the Update was released. :rolleyes:

I don't accept this one though Craig, it was CLEARLY stated in the original Event post (at the top) that "Update 01 is scheduled for release this weekend, please check here for it's release and more info.".

It was repeated again in the NOTES section further down.

My apologies Warren. I must have just missed it, really I honestly thought it wasn't there. I meant no offence.

I thought Jeff and I were quite civil and mature towards each other, and neither of us have upset anyone or said anything abusive. But either way, completely understand. Not called for.

Anyone know that band "Smash Mouth" they done a cover of "Why can't we be friends"? :)

PS: Awesome tune!

My apologies Warren. I must have just missed it, really I honestly thought it wasn't there. I meant no offence.

Craig, I took no offence at all, just wanted you to realise that I tried my best to advise people. These Updates are a pain at times, but we have to work with what he get. Unfortunately, this Update was a biggie, but a needed one.I suspect we'll get another Update fairly soon, there are still a few things to be improved.

I know you quickly reverted to friendly posts, thanks for that, but there have been a few "touchy" posts earlier in this thread, so I wanted to "nip the seriousness in the bud" so to speak. It is very important to me that the Rally Club be quite different to the more serious RDRC.

Anyway, no harm done, we are all still good friends here. :)

Santa was very good to you Warren, you'll have to update me on your experiences with the GT3 as i quite fancy upgrading my DFGT once it finally dies! (a few more goes of RSRBR should finish it off!) Do you have the club-sport pedals too, or do you use your logitech ones?

I already had the CSP Pedals with my G25, a really good combo I think. I took a few months to get used to the CSP's and I suspect I'll take quite a while to get used to the GT3 too, it's smoother but "heavier" to turn it, so I'll need to build up my muscles some more. :rolleyes: I prefer a light feeling wheel, especially for the frantic Rally action, but time will tell.

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Andrew, Magnar and Jeff.

Stage wins:
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 4 stage wins
Andrew Koojo: 3 stage win
Gundars Brigis: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, one of the largest ever grids :eek:. Thanks also to Warren for setting it up.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Grats to Andrew, your first Club win.
Well done to Magnar and Jeff for the podium.

Stage wins shared by Magnar, Andrew, and Gundis.

Big welcome to all of our new drivers: Roy, Timo, Ross, and Tomas, hope you had fun and hope to see you regularly with us.

Lots of RED INK for this Rally, maybe we are all a bit rusty. :p
Not sure that we can draw too many conclusions about the car comparisons, but as expected the Grade 1 and 2 drivers were still generally around the top. I don't count Andrew in that comment, looks like he's very badly graded as Grade 4, please note Rick.
Generally, I can't see any significant domination by the older WRC cars, but we didn't really get a wide spread of choices.

Great to see a good roll up, 33 drivers is a new record for the Rally Club, thanks guys. :cool:

Huge thanks to Senad again for his Admin work, not so easy this time after the loss of our nifty App to do a lot of work for us.
Thanks also to Damien for his top banner, I thought this one was a cracker.

thanks Senad for the preparations. and to be honest. i didnt expect to win this race. as i had zero preparations. my mistake i was prarparing my self with a 207. and realized that we only use the A8's. it was 30 seconds to the start of the EUX. so i just had to choose my car fast. and get used to it as i got on to the Race.
thanks Warren. yeah im happy my first RD win. contrats to Magnar. i know this one was for Magnar. if he didnt do a mistake Right at the end of the last Stage. it was nice Racing with Everyone. im new and i love RD. and all racers.
Stay Blessed.

A good rally for me and a nice battle with Gundars! But on Nokier i was going very well but hit a bank on the inside in a hairpin the car rolled and ended upside down so i had to call for help. And on the last stage in the last corner i hit some people and the screen turned red.
i noticed that. and it gave me the win. you were fast all along. the polo seems to be a little Beast.. Congratulations mate.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.