Rally - Rex Returns - Mon 29th & Tues 30th November 2010

I couldn't make it to the EU session (virtually "passed out" less than an hour before, just got up - was over 27hrs up after some bio-clock re-setting). Also I'll probably be couple minutes off making it to the OC session. Can I have an additional session @ 11 GMT? I could get back home and warm up both temperature and driving-wise :).

Senad is sleeping now as I presume, so that burden would probably fall on you, Warren. Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.

Sorry, can't be on Team Speak, but awesome stage 2 :D
Split 1: -0.05 in front of Warren
Split 2: +0.10 behind Warren
Finish: +0.03 behind Warren :D

Had an epic stunt driving save here as well. Plus a weird crash on SS1.

Yeah.. missed the server password change Zzz, got new password missed ss1, pretty much all down hill from there:wink:

Had a couple good runs trying to fight off Rick for 4th in the oc, but had to give it up with a dnf on ss8. A couple of slow motion rolls in japan didn't help me much, i did like prospect ridge at night that was nice to drive, good fun overall.

Always a joy to drive the 95, thanks to the organiser's and congrats to the poduim.

Had a lot of fun with the mighty Rex, still love that rumbling sound and the turbo lag.

Geez, some of those Stages were slippery and nerve racking, but I kept my concentration under more control this time. Actually managed to survive most of the really difficult Stages (with a few nasty moments along the way) but then had a huge botch up in the easiest part of Frazier Wells II. After driving the early difficult part pretty well, I crashed it on the looooong straight, of all places. At full speed (which was pretty damned fast there), I launched the car waaay into the air over a jump and crashed off into the trees, ending up nose first into the tree trunk with a broken gearbox (and no reverse). Use the CFH and plodded all the way home in 2nd gear. This cost me about 50 secs, bummer. :eek:

Yep Senad, I noticed that 0.03 sec win over you in SS02, amazingly close.You had a few fast Stages tonight mate.

Still, lots of fun, especially on TS with Rick and Damien, we had lots of disaster stories to share this time. :rolleyes:
Thanks guys, and hopefully see you next week. :)

I must say that the Rex seems to be too stiff by default. At least in all the holes that launch me to the sky without any chance of surviving :]

Rally went disastrous for me. SS1 started acceptably good, I tried to keep the solid rhythm throughout the stage and managed to have only some delicate along-the-road moments when I got disturbed by my relative (bah). Right till the last turns when the cretinous reporter stood on the inside of the corner after a jump, that (admittedly, I came in too hot) launched me straight into him (got too much speed, my choice was a tree on the right I've seen earlier or this guy). Having 30 seconds added to the time in that way made me really angry.

This immediately resulted in 3 spins in both SS2 and SS3, and rapid downward spiral on the next stages. DNFd on 4 stages, got only one decent run, on SS7. Also, twice I haven't so much killed the car, as just locked it. My gearbox got locked, but the engine stalled at the same time, making it impossible to start it (as it only does it in neutral with autoclutch). One retirement because of anothe stuck gearbox - in 5th on Noiker II where there are some terribly misleading notes. One of them sent me flying head first into the forest on what was supposed to be an easy turn.

At least in the end I am not blinded by anger, that tried to creep on me, but got fought off :p. I just seem to perform horribly during the events run early in the day. Ah, well - see you next time :)

I must say that the Rex seems to be too stiff by default. At least in all the holes that launch me to the sky without any chance of surviving :]

Rally went disastrous for me.

I can only agree with you :)

No SS without problems (reversing, spins, CFH, retirement) - but Rex is awesome.

THX to the organizers for this event! Was great - especially night stage :) See ya next time!

Overall Rally Results

20101129rdrallyrexretur.png

Congrats Simone, Mick and Warren :good:

Stage wins
Simone Demi: 7 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Eddie Mann: 1 stage win :star:

Simone dominating again, won all stages except one. Eddie got that one by just 2 seconds :good:
Great performance by Mick again, some issues on SS5, but otherwise not far behind Simone's times.

On the other side od the spectrum, a lot of retirements. 6 drivers retired on 2 or more stages :eek:

Nice debut for Jeff and Chris, only one retirement between the two (not counting the game related ones), congrats :good:

Thanks to everyone that showed up, and to Warren for staying up late and sending me the results :thanks:
See you next week :parrot:

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload them on www.speedyshare.com

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 2010-11-29 RD Rally – Rex Returns.png
    2010-11-29 RD Rally – Rex Returns.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 256
Congratulations Simone, another dominant and consistent performance.
Well done to Mick, we are starting a pattern here of new drivers on the Podium. :)

Great to welcome our new drivers, Jeff, and Chris, both showing good speed and control. Hope to see you join us regularly. :wink:

This turned out to be a tough Rally, mainly due to a couple of dangerous Stages in difficult weather, so more red ink than usual. :eek: Regarding the car bouncing, I don't think it was a fault of the car setup, more likely the nature of the bumps in the road. Noiker II, in particular, had a couple of nasty bumps, which I think were made more dangerous in the wet (the replays show these dips were filled with water) and combined with the speed at those points, they became very dangerous.
I have since tried a couple of other cars on this Stage, and they reacted even more violently. To me, the Rex was more forgiving and stable.

Thanks to Senad again for his Server and Results organisation, and to Damien for the great Banner.

Off to plan next weeks Rally. :rally::ups:

Well done Senad, another classic, full of some funny crash material.
I especially giggled at Chris disappearing waaaaaay off track at Noiker, then re-appearing after a lengthy safari through the bush. :cool:

Also, super impressed at your stunt driving, don't know how you managed that 360 deg reverse spin whilst still managing to take a tight turn and not hitting a thing. Amazing driving, or pure ars.... er luck. :eek:

I hope Lukasz is visiting those poor spectators in hospital. :rose-dead:

Thanks again for your huge efforts in making these. :thanks: I reckon we all look forward to these movies.

Also, super impressed at your stunt driving, don't know how you managed that 360 deg reverse spin whilst still managing to take a tight turn and not hitting a thing. Amazing driving, or pure ars.... er luck. :eek:

When one spins as often as I do, one learns to recover quickly :tongue: :D

Spectacular video Senad!

Spectacular driving Simone! Plenty of material just from your replays, had to leave a bunch of it out. Especially loved the 4 wheel drift into that tight corner at 1:51

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back