Rally - Mudslide Mania - Mon 7th & Tues 8th June 2010

my run trough Greenhils with some fails... I know my driving is awful :) but I have no damage and no epic fails, so it would be that right
sorry for that bad stream, I have no powerful PC for make a smooth video

Things are going a bit better with the Ford now that I've figured out that it takes a somewhat different driving style. However, the mechanics are getting a little testy as they've been working a lot of late hours changing out radiators and transmissions.:tongue:

Things are going a bit better with the Ford now that I've figured out that it takes a somewhat different driving style. However, the mechanics are getting a little testy as they've been working a lot of late hours changing out radiators and transmissions.:tongue:

Peugeot are regretting signing me to an ironclad contract now. :) and it's only practice up to 3rd gear so far :wink:

well, after having a practice run at bisanne and writing the car off basically at about corner 4 and then running japan and lasting only 2 and a bit corners i am going to go in blind in the rally and putter around in 2nd gear and see what happens. If i can figure out how to limit my throttle to only giving me 50% of revs available I am going to do that too.

I have no idea what falstone even looks like nor harwood or the rest of the japan and france stages so this should be fun. I just hope those marshals etc can run fast.

Prospect ridge i practised on when i first found you guys in a n14 and wasn't aware of the sink holes about the 60% mark and made them even deeper :)

I think I'm going to have to buy my own cars after this one

Anyone who doesn't get that OMG knot in the pit of their stomach over the jump, isn't human. No matter how many times you drive it, it still takes your breath away. :D
Yeah, this is quite an experience, even though I always supress it so heavily, that my car lands somewhere in between 1/3 and 1/2 of the slope, the accelerate from there. But if you just miss the braking slightly and speed over this crest...

I was doing....'wooo....... woooooooo...... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' at that time over THE jump. What a nice breathtaking view. Stunning.

Btw, Got two insurance letters from Skoda already for wrecking those Fabia's. Also they mention I have one wildcard left for the rally next Monday because I own a Skoda (Superb) in real life.

So far I enjoy the bit of practice with great fun. But since I am far from the limit I don't notice the rain/mud that hard. The practice I did so far makes me smile and wondering why I didn't discover this game earlier.

Yeah, this is quite an experience, even though I always supress it so heavily, that my car lands somewhere in between 1/3 and 1/2 of the slope, the accelerate from there. But if you just miss the braking slightly and speed over this crest...

If you look at video of people doing the jump for real; that's how they tend to take it too.
I find it tricky to not end up nose diving over the crest and smashing up the front of the car.

Best way to take the mineshaft - Flat out, then just before the crest, pull the handbrake and yank the wheel (left or right)... See if you can do a 360 and keep going!

I'm thinking about signing up again Warren. Not sure yet. I've gotta save up some cash for a privateer vehicle. Mitsubishi have badmouthed me to the other factory teams!

Is it possible and/or allowed to join a RBR race mid-session? If so I'll try to join you guys a bit later after I return from work. If not then no problem, I'll join in on another date (as long as it isn't on monday... or thursday... :tongue:)

Well, of course nobody offered me anything to drive... so I took my own Peugeot 307, slapped some cool looking stickers on it and sawed off some of the back side :D. Just had it's yearly vehicle inspection test so I am all set! :cool:

Ah, almost forgot, could I please switch to the Lancer? The Impreza is an understeery monster for me on these stages. I was beyond hopeless trying it today.
Hope it's not a problem. If it is, ignore.

Is it possible and/or allowed to join a RBR race mid-session? If so I'll try to join you guys a bit later after I return from work.

Theo, you can certainly join mid way through the Rally, but you will be given the default "retired" penalty time for those sessions you miss.
Alternatively, have you seen the US X Session which starts at 21.30 GMT, maybe you could run that one with Ryan? The final alternative is to set up an additional one for you at a different timeslot Monday, or as a last resort I could set one up for Tuesday (Euro) for you.

If you plan to join, please let us know your RSRBR2010 Username, timeslot, and car choice.

can I ask something about TS? is big handicap if I wont be here? cause I dont think it will be useful for everyone, my speaking skills are loooooow (ok not as low as it seems) but I am not sure how can I handle it trough not clean software sounds :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back