Rally - Mudslide Mania - Mon 7th & Tues 8th June 2010

can I ask something about TS? is big handicap if I wont be here? cause I dont think it will be useful for everyone, my speaking skills are loooooow (ok not as low as it seems) but I am not sure how can I handle it trough not clean software sounds :)

Not sure in this event, but usually it is also nice to just listen and not talking yourself :) after a while you talk with all the rest.

That is how I started with Ventrilo at that time, just listening and afraid to talk (not native English here also). After a while i was not afraid and chat along. Who cares about mistakes :) me not :)

I am cursed! First I had a phone call from a friend whilst I was racing on iRacing (would have finished in time for the rally if not for the call). Had to quit the iRacing event (damn!!!) and was then late for the Rally (double-damn!!!).

But friends come first, what can I say (I'm loyal like that).

Then, during the rally, another friend comes around (was her birthday Sunday) Triple Damn!!! had to quit the stage.

Tonight - my aim is to get close to the fastest time on one of the stages then (even though I haven't practiced)

:D.

Well, disaster so far.

France was a retirement, too much damage.
Japan was okay, almost decent, happy with that.
Fraizer wells was soooo good :D. After going on average less than 30kmph, this flat out stage was epic fun :)
Prospect ridge. Fail. Lost the gearbox, was stuck in 1st gear for the last 4km of the stage, 65kmph. Too bad, the stage looked really nice. Love those potholes :D.
Falstone 2. Fail. False start... Dunno how or why. I'm a moron.

2 to go

EDIT: finished. God, that was hard... Screwed up both of the last two stages. The whole thing was so bad, that I doubt I'll make it in the top 10...

The two previous rallies made me think I'm not **** at this. These stages put me straight :)

EDIT: LOL, 15 drivers? Scratch that top 10 remark :redface:

I feel ashamed. There wasn't a single stage where I haven't spun. I launched the RSRBR for the fist time since last week's event about 10 min before event started, got a bit sweaty after battling with headphones malfunctioning and I was "ready" to go. Worst stage for me was Bissane, which I can't stand on any surface. My driving style just doesn't allow me to fit the car on this road (and the notes just don't cut it for me here). It was an absolute disaster, I hugged almost every barrier, slid off the cliff, was bouncing off the banks all the time, generally unforgivable performance.

But the stages 3 through 7 were amazing, I was focused on catching Steve, which was slowly coming together, even tough I wasn't able to put together a clean stage (maybe with a notable exception of Frazier Wells). Probably I lost the most on Prospect II, where I spun shamefully right before the finish line, got car back on the road just to spin out again two corners further. But after English stages I was less than a second ahead of Steve.

Then disaster struck, as I started Mineshaft by launching my car into a multiple roll, landing on four wheels, but perfectly perpendicularly to the road. Carefully turned back (road was "a bit" narrow there) and went into a "chase" mode. Which caused another mistake, launching me off a big cliff. Call for help, another 20s lost. Of course I couldn't ease off after all that, so I rolled once again, on the approach to the jump (landing back on wheels just before the banner on it). Thank God for reduced, even though it rolled so heavily only the steering was a bit loose throughout the stage.

All in all I'm bummed down by my performance, looking forward to the next event already :)

Race over, not such a great race, one retirement at 75% from start of Prospect Ridge, on the downhill section, hit a tree, got stuck on 3rd gear but the car won't move ( not happened for a loong long time), one off on Bisanne, and trees hit on every stage, except Mineshaft. I like gravel, but WRCs are a little to powerfull to me :rolleyes: I saw times at 2 stages very very close, under a sec.
Wanna thank everyone who participate and especially one's who are making this thing to work!
When and how is the next race ?:car:
Finally got TS, hope next time will talk throu the race!

Race over, not such a great race, one retirement at 75% from start of Prospect Ridge, on the downhill section, hit a tree, got stuck on 3rd gear but the car won't move ( not happened for a loong long time), one off on Bisanne, and trees hit on every stage, except Mineshaft. I like gravel, but WRCs are a little to powerfull to me :rolleyes: I saw times at 2 stages very very close, under a sec.

Pirka Menoko, you stole my win by +00:00.46! The only stage I was okay on. Damn you Robb *shakes fist* :D

Well, not a very good rally for me. I changed the callout distance for the pacenotes becouse I miss the junctions all the time, but now I miss most of the corners :)

I don't know if I practice with this setting or go back to the old setting.

How many "squares" do you have on the callout distance?

But still a fun nigth!

I dont know what to think...honestly, I was practicing 5 days ago, every day, more then 4 hours every stage... and it was useful :( where can I see the final results? it gave me only results for mineshaft and then it turned off the whole session...

just little BTW : I never was as far as I was today in France... 92% and then I crashed, record for me
I never was in the jump in mineshift... I saw it in videos, I read about that but I never was there - I wasnt that far... but now, it was such a amazing feeling, I was braking before the jump because I dont know what is down there... and I was still to fast! An amazing

It is just a big smile on my face.

Starting Stage 01 I was nervous and that was the only stage I somewhat practiced. So lots of mistakes but still finished it. Then the next one which I feared but for some reason it was going reasonable well. Not that big mistakes. The middle stages were horrible, lots of crashes, spins and someone in public died because I drove straight into him. Without saying sorry I drove away after all those nice fellows pushed me back on track.
The last stage at Mineshaft was just wicked.... Was not on real speed, but it went apart from on corner very smooth.

It was my lucky day winning this event by only 0.48 :) wooooooot

I am sure I will be back in RBR some more. This just asks for more.

Congrats Ramon. But the Aussies still have to do their rally tomorrow, don't celebrate just yet :p

I dont know what to think...honestly, I was practicing 5 days ago, every day, more then 4 hours every stage... and it was useful :( where can I see the final results? it gave me only results for mineshaft and then it turned off the whole session...
One of the buttons in the Rally center, the magnifying glass I think. If you closed it already, you can't, you'll have to wait for the results here.

Having major problems here. Started to join US X, then the RScenter crashed - now it won't let me into the online session because 'the server doesn't recognise me'? Erm, help?

It may be that the Server is temporarily not connecting. Keep trying a few more times, I've had that happen and it then works.
Have you entered your Username, Number, and password at the top?

Oh pfffffffffffft. So I'm going to miss my slot again? :(

EDIT:
I'm in the online part now but there are no sessions available or visible :(

EDIT 2:
The sessions appeared - entered to join the Rd Rally and RSCenter crashed......

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.1%