Rally - Henri Toivonen Tribute - Monday 17th & Tuesday 18th October 2011

well that was certainly pretty hard!! took it very easy in order to not crash/spin but still managed to roll it on ss05
unfortunately i think my times were relatively slow due to that ...
really struggled with getting a good max steering lock - seemed way too sensitive on the straights ... wondering what every else went with??

My rally went better than expected and surprisingly I managed to finish all the stages in the beast (big thanks to Warren for the setups that helped to achieve that). Had my fair share of spins though which have a higher time penalty than usual give the extra speed that you would be going in these things normally. By the end I was getting the hang of it more, although a little niggle has that the car managed to stall a couple of times despite me going over 150kmh at the time.

Good fun though and full respect to anyone who can push them to the limit and stay on the road. :D

It went well for me, FINALLY I finished all the stages, granted I'm probably no where near the top but I don't mind, its all in good fun. I crashed into the trees on SS2 but got out fast with no issues, on SS3 the guy said the gear box seems broken, I didn't hit anything and could shift fine... shows how much he knows! :D The snow stages are so much fun in this car!! I loved it. Granted this car is amazingly fast, I was on the gas nearly as much as I was off the gas or braking! Thanks much to Warren for putting this on along with the car setups. I didn't use them but thanks for letting us have the opportunity to use what the master does. Also Thanks to Paul Newton for keeping me company and giving me a run for my money! Had some hella close races and managed to get a stage from me by 8+ seconds. Glad to see another USA driver in the pack!

No prob. My experience on the snow in this car consisted of driving the first 2 KM of Sikakama 5 minutes before 8:00 pm and guessing on a setup. I usually enjoy the snow because I usually practice a lot more for these events but had a busy weekend this time.

I will no longer work nights starting soon so I'll be joining you in a US session from now on probably.

Nice racin with you Joe. What a handful from this car huh?

I had a cfh early on and a few offs. Nothing major until ss07 where i rolled it about 10 times. The S4 came to rest on the wheels but the driver side wheels were bent under. I managed to limp in. The last stage left me with a busted radiator and a swinging door - my time could have been worse.

Thanks to all!!!!

First of all, sorry for not being able to join on TS, I'm "on location" for a few weeks hehe
The car was...interesting to handle, incredible twitch, but once you get over that its insane, so I just nana'd it the entire duration of the rally.
Had a few problems with my rig tonight, the brakes were acting all funny and resulted in me hitting a tree in SS4, which really bugged me and also making for some very close shaves in SS1 and SS3.
SS2 was a fluke, had no idea how I did that :S
Rolled 3 corners into SS5, so I took it cautiously for the rest of the stage
Did NOT want to stay on the road in SS6, surprised I made it to the end actually.
SS7 was fail
I found out the going-all-out-because-I-suck-on-snow option does NOT work on SS8.
all In all, with my current rig and setup, I can never drive this car again sadly >_> (on snow anyway)

Maybe have an N4 Gravel and Tarmac rally sometime?

Probably doesn't help that I've been hooked on FM4 the past few days either :p

Well, that was fun, masochistic fun, but still a lot of laughs. :)
I did a Roy this time, ruining my chances at the very start. As I started SS01, my sound was very quiet (again :frown:) so while I was fiddling with the sound levels on my headset, I drove straight into a tree and wrecked the gearbox, jamming it in 4th. Not a bad gear to be stuck in, but had no reverse to get away from the tree, so CFH number 1. :redface:

SS02, on the first left hand turn through the water, the car bounced like a pogo stick through the water, barrel rolling about 20 times into the bush. CFH number 2, things were looking grim. :redface:

USA went ok for once, but on Sikikama II, I slammed another tree, but this time I could get going again myself and managed to finish.
Then just to keep my 50% crashing record intact, I hit another tree in SS08, but not too serious. So, to make up for that, towards the end I was heading straight for some spectators, so veered left to miss them, only to dive over the edge onto the frozen lake. Another couple of rolls, but I managed to get going again and find the road. With the dreaded water temperature message blinking at me, I waited for the engine to die, but it just made it to the end.

All in all, more crashes than I have had in about 6 months of Rallying, so it is fair to say, I sucked in this car. Henri Toivonen was turning in his grave.

Great battle between Damien and Keegan all night, but Keegan must have wilted under the pressure and had a shocker on the last stage.:tongue:

Well done to Damien for winning our little OC session, nice and consistent. :cool:

Thanks to the guys in our Session, and more laughs on TS again. Plenty of crash stories to tell along the way. :rolleyes:

Good race Corey! We need more US RBR drivers! - Yeah, I hadn't any RBR time since pretty much the last club race so I jumped in with no idea what the car was going to be like. Took a little bit to adjust. Pretty much never any full throttle unless there is a long straight.

We were quite close on most of the stages. On SS4 I jacked up the 1st turn and hit a tree and broke something in the gear box. Cant believe I finished as well as I did on that one. I think it was SS6 that I DNF'd - We had been so close that I tried to push a little harder, hit a tree head on and that was that.

Till next time :D

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Sebastien, Jeff and Viesturs :trophy:

Stage wins:
Sebastien Levret: 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Viesturs Priede: 1 stage win :star:
Paul Newton: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up. :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

FARK - Was having a GREAT battle with Damien (0.34s) before the last stage.... then loaded the last stage, no sound followed by a blue screen, computer reset, much screaming and swearing.

Time for a new computer!

Could have gone right down to the wire, but racing with no pace notes in that kind of car WILL lead to a crash - three of them to be precise, which virtually shot me from first to last..

RAR!!! Not happy Jan!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea