Rally - Group N Team Challenge 4 - Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th January 2012

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
I stuck you with us "Colonials" , we are looking a bit desperate. :p

Crikey- you must be desperate!

Incidentally, i've tried a few tarmac stages with the Mitsu Evo 9 and i'm experiencing some strange physics; namely the car tends to flip over when cornering at high speeds, and that's without hitting a bump or anything. Is this just one of the oddities of RBR's tarmac stages or something linked to these cars?

Warren Dawes

Premium
Incidentally, i've tried a few tarmac stages with the Mitsu Evo 9 and i'm experiencing some strange physics; namely the car tends to flip over when cornering at high speeds, and that's without hitting a bump or anything. Is this just one of the oddities of RBR's tarmac stages or something linked to these cars?
I've had that happen to me in the past but usually only after altering the setup, never with default setups. However, maybe Update 02 has changed the setup somehow. :confused:
Best I can offer is to not throw it around the tight turns too wildly, or maybe try adjusting the setup to make the back end slide a little more. Tarmac physics in RBR is not as good as Gravel or Snow, I think it can grip too well at times.

Maybe other s can offer help?

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
Yeah, i did alter the setup a tad so i'll try it again with defaults. (Lowered ride height, stiffened springs slightly) Setup seems to be some sort of black art in RBR, i think at this early stage i may be better off sticking to tweaking the gear ratios and that's it. Enjoying the Mistu on the loose stuff though, i think Frazier Wells is my new favourite stage!

Warren Dawes

Premium
Yeah, i did alter the setup a tad so i'll try it again with defaults. (Lowered ride height, stiffened springs slightly)

Ahah!! That is what i did to get it to flip over in the past. I think you get to a point where you can make it grip so well on tarmac that momentum rolls the car. When you reach that point, you have gone too far, DOH! Maybe just back it off a bit from there and you will be ok. Setups are a bit of voodoo in RBR, but you only learn by testing some things. There is some logic to it though.

Fernando Agapito

RDRC S4 Overall Champion
Fernando Agapito (Fernando A.) - EUX - Team America

This is what really Team America would look like! Is Ken jacking off on that hot...... car? :D

car.png

Manuel De Samaniego

3X Race Department Rally Champion
I'm sorry, i quit team America. For many reasons, first : I can't represent the same continent as Ken Block. And it is not called team America, it is team Oceania and America and it looks more like it was team USA. Second, there are almost no drivers from America or Oceania, and i don't think it's a good idea to bring Europeans or people from other places to the team.

And third (and most important) i forgot Rally Monte Carlo was this week and i don't have time for anything else.

cheers, wish you a very nice event.

Good luck

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000