Rally - Group N Team Challenge 4 - Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th January 2012

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
that could so easily have gone better for me. Decided to do a few warm-up-runs with the Evo X ahead of the rally, but the car felt strange compared to my previous encounters with it. Slight change of physics in update 2 I guess, decided to try the Impreza URT instead.

Struggeled big time on some of the stages, but Sikakama worked very well :) A suprise win on the final stage in the EUX-session aswell leads me to hope that I claw in some points for the team in the end. Thanks again!

Fernando Agapito

RDRC S4 Overall Champion
ooh yes i was flat out on that stage and you did well on there man. i had no issue on that stage. Well done. Fernando is a Fast one...

You and Roy Magnes are really flying on long fast stages!

I'm not really fast but more of consistent, I did also had some problems on most of the stages but I just managed to get the car back on the road and finish the run.

Magnar Haarstadsveen

Just for fun
Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A really bad rally.......for me. No practice and a car i don't like at all. But the worst of all, my driving. I did just one stage properly, the rest of them was full of mistakes. So now i'm looking forward to the next event.

Happy with everything else but my driving in pribram, spinned at one of the fast jumps on beginning of the stage and broke something from the back of the car. lost very much time over there.
Thanks for setting up another nice event for us!! :)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
SS1: ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit some guys in the last corner, way after the red marking, but the time didn't stop... Pissed.

SS2: Oh well, I hate that stage, so, it went OK, no mistake, very careful driving, a bit too slow maybe, but, it worked out.

SS3: Oh yeah! :)

SS4: I love snow, however, my driving style fits best with a WRC car... :p and the stage, yuk! But it went well.

SS5: Lucky me! Three times I hit trees, still I finished! Weheey!

SS6: Worked out well!

SS7: Oups, wrong gear ratio! Anyway, quite happy!

SS8: Never been THIS careful! But finished!

Conclusion:
%/(&%(&/(%&¤(%& I'm mad at SS1, I'm well passed the finish sign, but the time didn't stop, I think the 25-30 seconds I lost there, and the around 30 I guess I'll loose at Pribram will be a factor for me in this rally. Sad :(

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
Had a much-improved performance tonight, finished the first 7 stages with 1 CFH but was still obviously off the overall pace. Blotted my copybook by DNF'ing the final stage 92% the way through due to dodgy steering. Seems like everyone else chose scoobies tonight, i take it no-one likes the mitsus?! Didn't particularly like the tarmac stages at first, but sharpened the steering up a bit and tried to be as tidy as possible and felt a bit more confident about them eventually. The snow stage was awesome, but i hadn't practised the Monte stage at all, so was all over the place.

Cheers Warren, looking forward to my next outing!

lol, Tero, had the same problem at the same spot, went into the bystanders, who, though having just been killed, gamely put my Skoda back on the track!

I did indeed pick the Skloda Octavia, it was the first racing car my son liked, when he was three or four it reminded him of a police car :)
with no training at all I jumped in
s01 hairpins difficult in the unknown Skoda, rest ok
s02 killed the said spectators
s03 Monte mod, did three 180 piruoettes and had trouble getting back in the right direction, track was so narrow
s04 Sika snow, on the long stretch I miscalculated a jump and slammed into a tree, sudden death, DNF
s05 never had done this stage before, lol, very easy to lose the Skoda under breaking, but fun
s06 done this one last time ages ago, bit boring actually
s07 Tanner, really enjoyed it, suited the Skoda but got stuck unlucky on a rock which was hidden in the tall grass just off the track, CFH
s08 my favourite track, gravel mod didn't suit the Skoda, it went from little slide to all out disaster in an instant, had one near disastrous off but somehow saved it.

overall i finished 7th out of 12 in EU, thoroughly enjoyed myself, update02 working nicely or so it seems, looking forward to results. thx Warren and other admins for setting this up.

Oscar Hardwick

RDTCC S9 Champion
Ole... you did suprisingly well if all of that went wrong for you :)

Really enjoyed that event and probably put together my most consistent performance yet in a club rally. The biggest mistake that I remember making was on Pribram when I had to reverse round the barrels. That said I hammered the second lap and gained a lot of time back. I was by no means fast this evening but the consistency counted for something putting me just behind Ole come the end of the 8 somewhat challenging stages.

Best part of today was my first clean run through Joux Plane II ever, normally I hit one of the two big trees at the end of the stage but common sense kept me far enough away from them on this occasion.

Thanks for organising once again guys,

Oscar.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Ole... you did suprisingly well if all of that went wrong for you :)

Lost much on SS1, hit three trees on the first USA stage, and had long ratio instead of short on Tanner.
And as I said, the last stage was just way too careful. I still remember with horror one Club rally where I had over a minute on Roy going to the last stage, and I pushed to hard, and retired. Only to see Roy win the whole rally. So I decided, even with the mistakes I'd done, that the last stage was a stage I had to drive slowly to finish.
And the Pribram, I'm just way way to slow on Pribram! :)

Of course it worked out very well, but I would've liked the finish to be at the finish-sign at SS1 :p

Oscar Hardwick

RDTCC S9 Champion
Well either way you did a very good job of clawing back time at every available opportunity. I think you should do well on this rally, well, I never saw your SS8 time but you were really doing well on the back half of the stages :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000