Rally - "Aussie Swap" - Mon 14th & Tues 15th March 2011

Well, that was great fun, though I didn't quite have a clean rally(a few CHFs+slow as hell). Those WRCs are quite tricky to drive with no practice(even the Sub), I belive I might have even done better with my Fabia S2000 :p Now I know why some WRCs guys have difficulties to beat the top N4 dudes!

Update for Hugo:

New Session RD Aussie Swap EUY now set up by Senad, starting at 23.30 GMT Monday.

Hope you make it.

Hi Warren,

Thanks m8, I registered myself to late. Must say thanks also to Swider mate, that called me, because I haven't seen the session, so I will not show. Swider added more fun to my session and showed me that had lots to improve (I already know it), but was fun chating with him and try to match is times. If I was able to do a clean stage :( But anyway lots of fun as always with RBR and a promisse to join next Rallys and perhaps the championship, but have to pratice a lot :) this was my first attempt in a rally session.

Thanks for Race Department to organize the things so well.

Regards,

Hugo Barbosa

It was a crude rally to me with my crude driving setup... lol. The system ran well but in eastwest stage it disrupted & had to drive straight away thru a corner once.. a couple of dnf stages.. last stage was best of the lot.. no drama...

It was a rally to enjoy basically.. I should have not let my bro test the setup before night... i would have been better.

What kind of system are you driving out there? It's really interesting, maybe you can show it :). All I can say is that the same seat cover I have myself :), is good for the back ;).

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Ole and Simone :trophy:

Stage wins:
Ole Marius Myrvold: 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Simone Demi: 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Nigel Atkins: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Eddie Mann: 1 stage win :star:
Łukasz Demolin: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to Warren for setting it up :thanks:

See you all next week. :rally:

It was a crude rally to me with my crude driving setup... lol. The system ran well but in eastwest stage it disrupted & had to drive straight away thru a corner once.. a couple of dnf stages.. last stage was best of the lot.. no drama...

That is a very interesting Racing setup Ashok, but I don't know how you can control these difficult RBR cars / stages like that. Amazing. :pray:
BTW, I just love your twinkle toes footwork there in the video, were you a dancer at any time??? :D:D

Grats to Ole & Simone well done!

Had fun tonight trading blow's with Warren & Senad, i must say things were getting pretty tense for me in the final round of the OC session, just 1.87? sec diff between Warren and me going into SS8, by taking a few more risks than normal i was lucky to get the win by .03 sec's (awesome scrap!). Too close for my liking:tongue::wink:

I think i could have pushed more, but i was trying to change a few bad habits.
I'm trying to change the way i drive to be more consistent, i found if i listened with a lot more attention to the pace notes and combined that with knowing the braking distances for each call it really helped me keep off the rough stuff, just glad to have no DNF. Hope it helps me in the RDRC?

One CFH (damn spectator's) on SS7 wiped out any advantage i gained earlier, other than that a pretty clean rally.

I really hate those hairpins LFTz on East West 2, the ones with the big cliff drop (horrible), lucky i was not a victim this time.

Thanks to Warren & Senad for organising.

Congratulations Ole, great to see yet another new Rally winner in the Club. :thumb:

Well done to Simone and Eddie for the podium, showing that the Grp N cars can still be competitive. Eddie, can you spray a bit of champagne my way since we were sooooo close. :D
Good to see Nigel picking up 2 Stage wins too, looks like he is getting the feel of RBR now. :wink:

Big welcome to our new Rally Club members, Hugo and Dubravko, hope to see more of you. :welcome:

I think this swap cars concept proved very good, the overall results were much closer, especially from P2 to P11. The lower powered Grp N and S2000 cars were quite competitive in the hands of the Premier League drivers, but they had to work much harder. I think the Champions League guys have a good idea of the challenge of driving the WRC cars too, although a few of you took to them like a duck to water.

Best of all was the great turnout, thanks heaps guys. :thanks:

Thanks to Senad for his Server and Results efforts. :thanks:

See you all at the next Club Rally in the mystery car which Senad will reveal soon enough. :D

Warren said:Big welcome to our new Rally Club members, Hugo and Dubravko, hope to see more of you. :welcome:

Thank You Warren for your wellcome. I will meet you guys next rallys for sure.

Sheesh. Seeing the results I thought that my CFH cost me 3rd place or so, but Eddie had one too. So no valid excuses for me, just too many mistakes :). Nice job, I was pushing quite a bit, so clearly I still have some major consistency issues. Good to be 2nd fastest overall on Mineshaft II though, and one of the faster on Mineshaft I.

Congrats to Simone for being so high despite calling for help twice. Now that's impressive.

What kind of system are you driving out there? It's really interesting, maybe you can show it :). All I can say is that the same seat cover I have myself :), is good for the back ;).

Lol... lol.. Sure Robb!! Will make a video of the current setup & share... Just don't laugh at it guys, cos most of the parts are salvaged, scrap & with some new stuff along.. it was some hyper-interest in me that made me to build my own controller, thats it! Yeah it saves quite some money too! I want to improvise it & make it hyper-durable compared to the options available in the market too :)

That is a very interesting Racing setup Ashok, but I don't know how you can control these difficult RBR cars / stages like that. Amazing. :pray:
BTW, I just love your twinkle toes footwork there in the video, were you a dancer at any time??? :D:D
LOL Warren, I know how difficult it is to drive these cars the funny ways I find to!

Yeah Warren!!! Good guess, I was a break dancer & a roller staker as a child :) It is helping now :p

Sorry i forgot to register for event before the start.
Thanks to all, good fun rally, really enjoyed driving in the WRC cars.
Need to find some consistency, setting some reasonable times then spoiling results with stupid off's and spin's.
I think more practice before events is needed, have just downloaded Nicky Grist pacenotes, hoping a switch to numerical notes might help,
as i find i often miss hear a note in the heat of battle.
Big THANKS to all organisers.

Congrats to Ole, Simone and Eddie :)

As i didn't have time for practice i picked my car at random, hoping to enjoy the drive as i like the N class. But also i forgot how much underpowered those cars are compared to WRCs lol. Everything seems to happen in slow motion and only one word was on my mind throughout, MORE POWER pls :D. I,m glad i stick with WRC's for the championship :).
Good fight with Lukasz and Rick for the top spot in the N class :good: , right to the end ( not including the ''cheater'' S2000 :wink: ), it was good fun. Only 1 CFH and 1 fly off into the bushes for me:rolleyes: and 7th place is good enough in the sea of WRC's.

Thx to Warren, Senad & RD, WD all and see you next week guys :)

But also i forgot how much underpowered those cars are compared to WRCs lol. Everything seems to happen in slow motion and only one word was on my mind throughout, MORE POWER pls :D. I,m glad i stick with WRC's for the championship :).
Tell me about it. Every deeper slide was right foot to the floor and a grimace on the face, shouting "just goooooooooo forward!", but not much happened. It probably is easier to go fast in a slower car like Senad said, but the urge to faster sometimes gets in the way. And understeer in some more horsepower-hungry corners can be tricky at times (when you finally get sort of used to a WRC). Loads of fun though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.